Oasis

chew the fat

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Messenger_creation_8A027066-FA79-4B9C-8D02-A49B39F82CB7.jpeg

Am I reading that correctly? Nine nights in a row in Manchester, sixteen in London? That's absolutely ridiculous, but then this is Oasis, not many bands have the pull they do.

Glasto sized gap there so I could be wrong after all.

2 hours ago, douglasmanso said:

yes is always there... i checked on friday when the rumours gained more momentum and it was like that. 

but a friend of mine has a screenshot with something that they posted on ticketmaster page saying that the tour will go to manchester, cardiff, wembley, sunderland and coventry, with reverend and he makers as support act for wembley dates.

Just checked and that is definitely where they played in 2009 and the Wembley dates were the only dates Reverend and the Makers supported them on that tour.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I'm sure they'll more than sell out whatever shows are announced, that's not really all that relevant. If you're a promoter with a million plus tickets to sell, and the real profit only comes on the last 3-5% sold (assuming both Noel and Liam will be getting big guarantees - which we don't know for sure but seems very likely), you don't even think about anything else until the money is actually in the bank - which as yet it isn't.

Even once the tickets are sold (or if the promoter is prepared to take it as guaranteed that they will sell), the conversation would be along the lines of "We're paying you all this money for exclusivity, why would we say yes to a festival we don't get a cut from? If you're prepared to do more dates then we can book Cardiff / Sunderland / Villa Park / another night in Manchester and everyone makes more money"

That's the reason there's an established history of headline level acts on a big money reunion tour not playing Glastonbury, at least not on the first go around, despite speculation that they would - The Stone Roses, RATM, The Police, etc all got named on here to various degrees and never turned up.

The big money reunion acts that do ultimately headline always come later on - The Verve are the closest we've had to a reunion headliner going straight to Glastonbury, with them doing festivals on the second set of dates having done their own shows the year before. GnR did Glastonbury on about the 3rd (or was it 4th?) go around for the classic(ish) lineup, and The Who played after they'd already become re-established as a touring act.

If Oasis are still around in 2027, then yep I'd see them as likely candidates. For next year? Seems a long shot.

yeah but Glastonbury is a British institution as OASIS. Is the perfect way to promote the tour. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Doesn't say they play all those days in a row. I can't verify the source but I was assuming it's genuine.

Even without them playing days in a row, the existence Dua Lipa shows at Wembley would suggest very unlikely scheduling for Oasis doing those daes -

Dua is playing Wembley on June 20th + 21st, and stadium shows typically need a day or two either side for break and build.

So Oasis playing "June 9th to 24th" would effectively mean (at best) doing a run of shows, finishing with one on the 17th, shutting down for a week, then coming back to do one final show on the 24th. Unless there was some kind of deal where Dua and Oasis used the same staging and av setup. But that seems an even longer shot.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Even without them playing days in a row, the existence Dua Lipa shows at Wembley would suggest very unlikely scheduling for Oasis doing those daes -

Dua is playing Wembley on June 20th + 21st, and stadium shows typically need a day or two either side for break and build.

So Oasis playing "June 9th to 24th" would effectively mean (at best) doing a run of shows, finishing with one on the 17th, shutting down for a week, then coming back to do one final show on the 24th. Unless there was some kind of deal where Dua and Oasis used the same staging and av setup. But that seems an even longer shot.

Ah fair enough. Got to be fake then I guess. I was just longing it to be real with the obvious Glastonbury dates available.

My initial thought was swap Manchester with London and... it may work?

I haven't looked at Wembley dates though. 

I'd imagine it starts in Manchester. I'd also imagine Blossoms, for example, do Manchester.

All guesswork though. We probably should wait til the morning tbh 😅

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I can see it continuing if they get a few decent new tunes from it. 

Theyve barely released a decent tune between them in 20 years. Liam needs Noel to write them and Noel needs Liam to sing them. 

Who Built The Moon was an ace album. Holy Mountain the best song he’s written since Idle.

• Upvote 1