Oasis

chew the fat

8 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

image.png.2f0de78d885111ade2cd74a013ef1587.png

yeah, everything except whatever the eye watering cost of tickets is going to be.

i didn't like Oasis 30 years ago, and i don't like Oasis now - but fair play to them i say... they've seen how easy its been for everyone else to charge whatever stupid price they want for tickets and people will still pay it, and they want some... good luck to 'em.

I did like them 30 years ago, 2 great albums but for me they went down hill fast. Never saw them play a good gig though and not interested.

But agree, fair play to them and it will make a lot of people happy.

Definitely don't see them at at Glasters next year though, it'll all be about their own dates 

19 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Oasis today end years of feverish speculation with the confirmation of a long awaited run of UK and Ireland shows forming the domestic leg of their OASIS LIVE '25 world tour. Oasis will hit Cardiff, Manchester, London, Edinburgh and Dublin in the summer of 2025. Their only shows in Europe next year, this will be one of the biggest live moments and hottest tickets of the decade.

S0 2025 is UK and Ireland only as part of World Tour so more in Europe and elsewhere in 2026 then......................

and festivals in 2027.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'm sure they'll ask, but if the band don't want to do it for whatever reason, that's not really the festival 'ballsing it up'.

True but Em will know she has to do everything she can possibly do. Maybe even postpone the 2026 fallow year if necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

“The stars have aligned” indeed. The fest would have to go some to balls this one up, but never say never given the mess they made of 2024.  

Perhaps, seeing as Elton made Glastonbury his final UK performance, bands like Pulp and Oasis might see it as their last stop on their final tours. We've all been waiting for Pulp at Glasto since last year when they announced their reunion shows. Maybe Oasis are the same. The only trouble is there's no festival in 2026...

But I agree, I can't fathom how there would be no Pulp or Oasis at Glastonbury in the next two festivals, if they both love the festival and regularly visit. 

• Upvote 1

Why would they play Glastonbury ahead of a tour that will thrive on FOMO?

Surely they'd want their first appearances after so long away to be in front of packed-to-capacity crowds who have paid through the teeth to be there, and will necessarily be insanely enthusiastic. I just can't see their first appearance back being at a festival.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

S0 2025 is UK and Ireland only as part of World Tour so more in Europe and elsewhere in 2026 then......................

and festivals in 2027.

Asking for trouble if any bookers expect them to still be speaking by 2027. Two summers to top up their pensions and that’ll be it. 

It's set to be the biggest British Music event in years and Glasto won't even get a look in. 

As a manc and massive Oasis fan I'm glad though. These gigs are for us. Seeing them at Glasto either in the field or on the BBC will ruin the surprise.

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Oh of course.

Lets poke some holes into this. Namely, America. This doesnt line up with the Wembley stuff at all so its just somebody having a go with tour routing sh*t on a spread sheet

IMG_2836.jpeg

It the US stuff rubbish then as the rest looks correct.

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Asking for trouble if any bookers expect them to still be speaking by 2027. Two summers to top up their pensions and that’ll be it. 

If they're just turning up to the shows and performing, then going their separate ways until the next show, maybe it doesn't matter if they're best buds or not

9 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Interesting that the Guardian's write-up goes straight into ruling out Glastonbury. Given their relationship with the festival, feels like an unnecessary detail to put in if they aren't pretty sure.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/aug/27/oasis-reunion-confirmed-for-uk-and-ireland-tour-in-2025-liam-noel-gallagher

Whereas 6 Music news went straight in with the dates also making Glastonbury likely 😉