Oasis

chew the fat

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Why?

No other artist is like that

Hopefully it will show up on see soon

Could be due to dynamic pricing.  Could be due to the fact that they'll sell like hot cakes anyway.  Could be that they'll be stupidly expensive and they're banking on people just being so relieved at getting through that they'll pay almost anything.  Big gigs like this really are the wild west these days.

Put it this way, if they were reasonably priced, they'd be advertised as such.  So regardless, it's bad news.

4 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

it seems to me that most people these day avoids putting the cost of tickets on the listing page, and you have to wait until you get through to choosing your tickets to find out how much you have to pay.

can only assume its because they don't want people moaning about the high cost - but not sure why they care as it doesn't stop people buying them.

image.png.3758410573d3e112a21b3c65598a9536.png

why can't they put the price in the info?

because the promoter wants to hide the cost from the paying public until its time to pay up.

Because it'll be dynamic/surge based pricing so they have no idea on cost yet?

16 minutes ago, StuwieG said:

Any band lineup stuff yet? 

I find this the most fascinating aspect of it!

Gem is in Noel's band, Bonehead in Liam's. Can't imagine them both doing it, but then The Stones brought out Mick Taylor for a quarter or so of their set (or at Glastonbury they did). No chance Guigsy or Tony McCarroll will be doing it.... so I guess it will be Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock (last known drummer and NGHFB drummer). 

But I would bloody love to see Alan White in it. (Just to annoy those who are precious about the kick drum at the start of Supersonic).

Peak Oasis was Knebworth so as close to that line up as allows.....

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

But you might hear it was the worst. I lasted about 6 songs and left.

Was 2004 the worst Glastonbury ever? If you were an Oasis fan, yes

It wasn't close to my favourite Glasto headline slot either and was one of the worst Oasis shows I've seen. It didn't have the magic they usually have. It didn't land as was intended. 

Although I'd say a half baked Oasis set is still a million times better than Dua Lipa and SZA. 😂

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm 32...

This post is exactly what people say when they say they don't want to go to gigs with 'Oasis Fans'. Because this snobbery is already showing and its 9am on an internet forum

Works both ways that I'm afraid. 

All the people who say Dave is Headliner worthy because it's edgy and the festival taking a risk despite the fact 99% of the population couldn't name you a song of his. They did that with SZA this year and got what they deserved. 

Us Oasis fans have waited a long time for this. I'm just mainly glad Glasto isn't going to spoil the homecoming gigs. 

Edited by Benjsh
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Because it'll be dynamic/surge based pricing so they have no idea on cost yet?

There's always a base price it starts at - you misunderstood me

@-TLR- wouldn't let me quote but often the prices show up on see in advance, sometimes a day or two late ahead of the sale

I'd be shocked if they aren't leaked for something as big as this

Edited by gfa

1 minute ago, Benjsh said:

Works both ways that I'm afraid. 

All the people who say Dave is Headliner worthy because it's edgy and the festival taking a risk despite the fact 99% of the population couldn't name you a song of his. They did that with SZA this year and got what they deserved. 

Us Oasis fans have waited a long time for this. I'm just mainly glad Glasto isn't going to spoil the homecoming gigs. 

You're the only one talking about Dave... Oasis aren't even doing Manchester first. What are you even on about. 

2 minutes ago, glasto360 said:

so what's the strategy for ticketmaster/gigsandtours? What time to start trying? F5 on the queue or not? IP matters? Multiple tabs/browsers Mobile app? etc

Ticketmaster you'll be allocated a random queue position on your TM account.

If they see you using your account more than once you'll be kicked out of one of the queues.

• Upvote 1

twice they've played Glastonbury when I've been there and both times have opted to see someone else (Prodigy, Chemical Bros)...never been a massive fan but am tempted to try and get tickets for Heaton Park so I can stand in a boggy field with a load of other 50+ men shouting YOU GOTTA ROLL WITH IT!

17 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

It wasn't close to my favourite Glasto headline slot either and was one of the worst Oasis shows I've seen. It didn't have the magic they usually have. It didn't land as was intended. 

Although I'd say a half baked Oasis set is still a million times better than Dua Lipa and SZA. 😂

Having seen good Oasis, Dua Lipa, and sh*t Oasis I can categorically say that’s the ranking order

i'll take a break from moaning about ticket prices and actually add something Oasis related...

i already stated that i don't, and never have, liked them - but i did actually end up seeing them once due to someone having a spare ticket... can't remember what year it was but it was a Finsbury Park show and i will happily admit it was pretty awesome.

once is enough for me tho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

You're the only one talking about Dave... Oasis aren't even doing Manchester first. What are you even on about. 

The Manchester gigs will be the ones though mate. People from all over the place will hope to travel here for one of the dates. I imagine there will be more than 4 gigs too once the first ones sell out as demand is likely to be huge. 

Seeing Oasis anywhere is great. Seeing them in Manchester is always a bit more special. Glasto never quite landed for them like the gigs here did.  

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Can you do golden circle at heaton park or just the stadiums?

Yeh you can, they did it for Courteeners a few years back although you didn't have to pay for it....just get there early enough to get a wrist band

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Having seen good Oasis, Dua Lipa, and sh*t Oasis I can categorically say that’s the ranking order

Each to their own but I'd take an average Oasis set or past its best Guns and Roses any day of the week before Dua Lipa as I'm not 12 years old. 

2 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Each to their own but I'd take an average Oasis set or past its best Guns and Roses any day of the week before Dua Lipa as I'm not 12 years old. 

I’m 47 mate. I saw Oasis in 1995 and 1996. Got anything else daft you want to say?

Edit:I also saw and enjoyed GNR and Dua at Glastonbury 

Edited by MEGABOWL
See above

21 minutes ago, glasto360 said:

so what's the strategy for ticketmaster/gigsandtours? What time to start trying? F5 on the queue or not? IP matters? Multiple tabs/browsers Mobile app? etc

As above for TM … gigs and tours an f5 job I’m told 

32 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm 32...

This post is exactly what people say when they say they don't want to go to gigs with 'Oasis Fans'. Because this snobbery is already showing and its 9am on an internet forum

I saw Oasis in their early days and the atmosphere was great. Felt like a lot of vibes came over from Acid House. Unfortunately some of their fans have got this thing in their head where only blokes standing still and playing guitars is ‘real music.’ You see it the other way on here sometimes too TBF where such music is really looked down on in favour of the latest pop breakthrough.