Oasis

chew the fat

There any whisper yet of being a support act?

... well Blossoms advertising it at their own show at the weekend makes them a possibility, as does the usual rumour of Kasabian given their previous in supporting both Oasis in their last tour 15 years ago and Liam G's Knebworth extravaganza.

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

... well Blossoms advertising it at their own show at the weekend makes them a possibility, as does the usual rumour of Kasabian given their previous in supporting both Oasis in their last tour 15 years ago and Liam G's Knebworth extravaganza.

Would be good to have The Charlatans back with them.

I was just thinking about the support. I wonder if they've kept in that hush that they didn't even have the support booked when they announced it today? They generally announce at least the main support when they announce a big gig.

Would like if they brought someone from the Knebworth support like The Prodigy, Manics. 

Hoping its not the likes of DMA's, Courteeners etc. 

12 minutes ago, charlierc said:

There shouldnt be cause if they had support acts lined up it def wouldve leaked even sooner.

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

There shouldnt be cause if they had support acts lined up it def wouldve leaked even sooner.

True. A while ago I saw a thing that conspiracy theories fall apart when you analyse how many people would have to keep things secret for the conspiracy to be true, so logically, it was enough of an achievement that they could keep this a secret for as long as they did.

Or at least enough ambiguity that those who leaked the information this Oasis' reunion was on were met with "Pfft. As if, not gonna happen"

As someone who's not really a fan I'm not intending to try for tickets on Saturday but I have to wish good luck to those that are. That's going to be one very popular and very stressful buying process, and one I can't see going smoothly for the crash-prone ticket sites.

3 minutes ago, Supreme2 said:

Ahhh just got the email regarding ballot and didn't get the guaranteed section 😕 wonder what it was done on as been signed up for almost 10 years and bought from store loads!

Didn't realise they would be sending out rejections?! I thought it was just successful people would get the pre-sale access code Friday morning?

Edited by hodgey123

3 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Didn't realise they would be sending out rejections?! I thought it was just successful people would get the pre-sale access code Friday morning?

Nah I mean the email saying to enter the ballot.

Others have been getting the same email with this inside aswell:

"We've identified you as a loyal fan of Oasis. To thank you for your support, you will automatically be selected if you correctly register and confirm entry in the pre-sale ballot before it closes."

9 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I really should rent out my house, within easy distance of Heaton Park. 

an excuse to get yourself a long way away from it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Supreme2 said:

Nah I mean the email saying to enter the ballot.

Others have been getting the same email with this inside aswell:

"We've identified you as a loyal fan of Oasis. To thank you for your support, you will automatically be selected if you correctly register and confirm entry in the pre-sale ballot before it closes."

Love to know the criteria for a loyal fan.

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

They hadn't spoken to each other in 15 years.

But this was filmed a couple of weeks ago and they've clearly made up.

Shes right about Heaton Park

Good post, Thanks! Didn’t think I was bothered, but watching that I wanna see them again now! 

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

an excuse to get yourself a long way away from it.

Anyone with an Airbnb in Manchester can basically charge what the f**k they want that weekend.

Was bad enough trying to find a hotel when I was there for Green Day back in June, which was on the same night The Killers had turned up at the Co-Op Live.