Oasis

chew the fat

3 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

So do we think that this Oasis reunion could hurt Glastonbury ticket sales? 

No. 

Glastonbury tickets are oversubscribed anyway.  I can't see it having any effect but if it does, it will be soaked up by the pool and it'll still sell out in the normal way. 

9 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Can not think of any reason why it would - Can you show your working on how you came up with this question 

1,000,000 people spending upwards of £150 6 weeks (?) before T-day. I’m not suggesting Glastonbury won’t sale out but surely it’s gonna dent demand a little bit. 

6 minutes ago, henry bear said:

In the same way the Eras tour kiboshed sales for Glastonbury 24? I think it sold out eventually 

Not gonna debate this but think this dwarfs the Eras tour on every metric you could think of 

Just now, 09matthewsw said:

1,000,000 people spending upwards of £150 6 weeks (?) before T-day. I’m not suggesting Glastonbury won’t sale out but surely it’s gonna dent demand a little bit. 

Not gonna debate this but think this dwarfs the Eras tour on every metric you could think of 

But not in the numbers that purchase actual tickets ? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

it'll have practically zero effect on glastonbury sales

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

But not in the numbers that purchase actual tickets ? 

I’m not so familiar with the UK dates that Taylor did, was it more than Oasis have announced?

worth mentioning that their are reports that more dates will follow for Oasis 

talking on a UK scale here, not doubt that Taylor wipes the floor with Oasis in the states 

8 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Apart from ticket sales? 

She sold 650,000 tickets for her London shows alone. 

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

Apart from ticket sales? 

She sold 650,000 tickets for her London shows alone. 

This Oasis tour will be close to double that once the Wednesday Heaton Park and Wembley dates are inevitably confirmed 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Without looking I’d imagine Coldplay have done similar numbers last year maybe more … no impact either 

… they headlined? 

I think the only effect it'll have after this announcement they're definitely not playing is removing a few people who would've only tried for Glastonbury to be at the first Oasis gig back. So back to wherever Glastonbury demand would be if Oasis weren't touring. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

This Oasis tour will be close to double that once the Wednesday Heaton Park and Wembley dates are inevitably confirmed

Yes, that's right... so probably about 1,000,000 when you include Cardiff, Liverpool, and Edinburgh.   So it's directly comparable, not dwarfed by Oasis 'on every metric', which was the point!   

Hope London gets someone decent as a replacement for Courteeners

Blossoms and Courteeners is exactly what you'd expect but my god its beyond boring

Courteeners probably aren't doing London as they'd get a smaller crowd than Blossoms on before them lol

• Upvote 1