Oasis

chew the fat

1 hour ago, -TLR- said:

see this is the reason we are faced with crazy prices these days - because its normallized and people just accept it.

this is not great value at all - this, in a sane world, is a £60 / £70 maybe.

£150 for a concert ticket is not normal, its madness.

I tend to agree… price per hour of entertainment is too high for me. I could afford it, but I’d rather spend the same money I’d spend that night  (ticket /travel/accommodation/food and drink) on a city break or cheap holiday!

Festival tickets remain excellent value really. 

• Like 1

i don't think the guardian are oasis fans?

Oasis are the most damaging pop-cultural force in recent British history. It’s easy to attack them for being musically regressive: after all, they didn’t just Stop The Clocks, to quote the title of their 2006 best-of, but rewound them by 30 years. But the real problem is that they set social attitudes back even further

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/28/stop-the-celebrations-oasis-are-the-most-damaging-pop-cultural-force-in-recent-british-history

It’s all about value over cost though, isn’t it? 

I’d pay £1000 to see Daft Punk, which to some will seem crazy.

Some of these folk will then happily pay £45 to see The Courteeners, which to me seems crazy. 

Horses for course and all that. 

4 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

The last time I saw the brothers G wasn't a great experience so I may try for this one to banish the memory. How far back do you have to stand to avoid the covered in p*ss zone?

Is that the golden (shower) circle...?

Seriously though, none of these prices and indeed the floor plans on ticketbastard point to a golden circle situation, which if it's the case is at least a good thing.

10 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Seriously though, none of these prices and indeed the floor plans on ticketbastard point to a golden circle situation, which if it's the case is at least a good thing.

I would suggest that's somewhat offset by them charging Gold Circle level prices for the entire floor.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

yep, first come, first served. did it for Foo Fighters at Old Trafford Cricket Ground and it was brilliant. There for door opening, wristband on and to the bar

11 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I don’t think so as a code isn’t a guarantee of getting a ticket

Apologies just spotted the presale is 7pm in your post. Everything I have seen says 9am. 🤦🏻

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but does anyone think these Oasis dates may make Glasto ticket day slightly easier ?

Thinking because of costs, quite a few people may do one or the other , or maybe this is wishful thinking .

2 hours ago, -TLR- said:

see this is the reason we are faced with crazy prices these days - because its normallized and people just accept it.

that said - 10mins ago I got my email through for the ballot as Mrs. TLR wants to go... so my one-man-protest has gone out the window...

🙂 

Or maybe it’s because artists make no money from selling records anymore and they have to make their money via other means. Clearly not the case with Oasis but that’s the market rate these days and under those conditions, I’m more than happy to pay that.

5 minutes ago, JMB01 said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but does anyone think these Oasis dates may make Glasto ticket day slightly easier ?

Thinking because of costs, quite a few people may do one or the other , or maybe this is wishful thinking .

Will make almost zero difference. Maybe 1000 max might decide to just do one but I doubt it will even be that many.

2 hours ago, -TLR- said:

that said - 10mins ago I got my email through for the ballot as Mrs. TLR wants to go... so my one-man-protest has gone out the window...

🙂 

I don't like it either. I know that it's the way it's been going and indeed reflects the way prices for American concerts have been going (if on a less extreme scale than that) but it's kinda wild to me that it was twice as expensive as Foo Fighters and Green Day on their stadium tours when I saw those two this summer.

Certainly my rule is that I don't pay over £100 for tickets. I wasn't going for this anyway, but at those prices? Definitely maybe not.

I really can't be arsed to see Oasis. They're fun, they have some bangers, but they're not seminal.

If they do Glasto I'll have a walk over to see them, but I'm not paying silly money for a ticket.

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

There’ll be loads of people doing both, but they’ll be buying Oasis tickets in August and Glasto tickets the following March/Apri

I guess Glasto tickets being on installments and doing the two instead of a holiday would help make it seem like a viable idea.

Certainly like you say, even though both are expensive and Oasis won't be at Glasto, there'll still be a lot of people buying both.

51 minutes ago, JMB01 said:

I don't think there will be any bearing on demand for Glastonbury. Just like any other tour or group with concerts in the UK over the next 9 months.

Even for the cheapest tickets people who are focusing on Glasto as well will likely find the money from somewhere else. And most people who splash out on any of the other, more expensive, tickets will likely just be able to afford Glastonbury as well. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

It’s all about value over cost though, isn’t it? 

I’d pay £1000 to see Daft Punk, which to some will seem crazy.

Some of these folk will then happily pay £45 to see The Courteeners, which to me seems crazy. 

Horses for course and all that. 

Exactly. Throw in the rarity-factor and fans will find a way to afford it or justify it. People have waited 15+ years or whatever for Oasis to reform.