Oasis

chew the fat

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I always thought the rise in prices for concerts was because of platforms like Spotify and the revenue generated from album sales had disappeared?

artists rely more on touring now but you can blame agents just wringing the hands of promoters to get their client the best deal possible and LN is fine to overpay for an artist to make things happen. 

is everyone seriously surprised at this cost? And youre gonna have 3 or 4 support acts to boot. This is gonna be 6 hours of music and still complaints will be coming. 

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

artists rely more on touring now but you can blame agents just wringing the hands of promoters to get their client the best deal possible and LN is fine to overpay for an artist to make things happen. 

is everyone seriously surprised at this cost? And youre gonna have 3 or 4 support acts to boot. This is gonna be 6 hours of music and still complaints will be coming. 

When the support acts are the Courteeners & Blossoms..  I am getting 1 act I like for the price

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I wouldn't say it's exactly a new phenomenon given the collapse of the sale of recorded music and the rise of streaming services hogging most of the revenue has played out fairly extensively in the last 20 years.

That and I expected a large ticket price cost so I'm not surprised at very few if any sub-£100 tickets, but you can still be like "WTF?!?"

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I always thought the rise in prices for concerts was because of platforms like Spotify and the revenue generated from album sales had disappeared?

definitely part of it. Most gigs seem to be double what they were 15 years ago. The bands playing to a thousand-ish people have gone from around 10 quid to about 20. Booking fees are no longer avoidable now either. 

28 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

This is doing the rounds on Twitter. Could just be someone mocking it up themselves but Elephant & The Rider seems an odd curveball to throw in. 

IMG_6377.jpeg

Way too many bands when doors are 5pm.

EDIT: Unless it's split by day, which is quiet uneven!

Edited by briddj

The decline of album sales is undoubtedly a factor, but also is our undiminishing quench to attend live events, and the industry’s realisation that they can take advantage of this by charging the maximum they think they can get away with.

17 minutes ago, henry bear said:

The decline of album sales is undoubtedly a factor, but also is our undiminishing quench to attend live events, and the industry’s realisation that they can take advantage of this by charging the maximum they think they can get away with.

Online touting shone a light on exactly what prices the market will support. The industry then, quite rationally, decided they would rather have that money than see it go to touts.

50 minutes ago, briddj said:

Way too many bands when doors are 5pm.

EDIT: Unless it's split by day, which is quiet uneven!

Someone said it’s Heaton Park line up. Gates open 3:30pm for those but then you can see Cardiff mentioned on the poster

As with the numerous fake Glastonbury posters that we get every year, I have to ask the question -

Why is someone taking a photo of something that's clearly being displayed on a computer screen?

Other than to imply that it's leaked, and convince people it's legitimate that is.

If it's real, just save the damn file and post that.

44 minutes ago, MrJB said:

Haven't long had this from the Principality Stadium.

Any idea on what this means?Screenshot_20240829-203133.thumb.png.0db625123725e1522331070224db991f.png

Looks like you have been white listed to buy tickets in the general sale. You will get an email with a link! It's the best ever way of purchasing tickets! 

Edited by StoneCircle

1 hour ago, MrJB said:

Haven't long had this from the Principality Stadium.

Any idea on what this means?Screenshot_20240829-203133.thumb.png.0db625123725e1522331070224db991f.png

Are you a Welsh rugby supporter?

Scottish Rugby sent out emails yesterday to members of their supporters club who had the chance to buy hospitality packages for the Murrayfield dates. Maybe it’s something similar. 

22 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Blur was about £85-£90 for standing at Wembley last year wasn't it? Decent undercard too. Accept they may have had record company support as had a new album out but still...

Despite Country House, Blur aren't Oasis and struggled to sell the second Wembley date until a decent undercard was added.

The prices are as expected for a stadium show from a legacy act these days. I believe that recent stadium tours from the likes of Springsteen, Macca, AC/DC, Billy Joel etc have been priced similarly, certainly would be in 2025. It's reflective of the state of the live events industry more than anything else - it's definitely not a consumers' market.

Edited by sildante

3 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

I really can't be arsed to see Oasis. They're fun, they have some bangers, but they're not seminal.

If they do Glasto I'll have a walk over to see them, but I'm not paying silly money for a ticket.

Haway, if we're honest Oasis have a load of seminal tracks (in the UK at least). 

Wonderwall 

Don't Look Back In Anger 

Supersonic 

Cigarettes and Alcohol 

Live Forever 

At the very least, will be known by most people in the UK. You put them on in most pubs and you'll get a full pub sing along to it (once beer has flowed for a few hours anyway). 

Then you could argue the likes of Rock N Roll Star, Stand By Me, Roll With It are there as well. 

Songbird, Dyou Know What I Mean, Slide Away, Half The World Away, The Masterplan, probably a few others. 

They have a massive backlog of tracks that were hugely popular here and resonate with the culture of this country. 

Fair enough, I can understand some people not liking them and on a world level they'd probably struggle to held as in high esteem but just kidding yourself to say they don't have seminal songs. 

• Upvote 6

52 minutes ago, briddj said:

Despite Country House, Blur aren't Oasis and struggled to sell the second Wembley date until a decent undercard was added.

Turned out to be one of the best ever gigs I've been to. Come to think of it, every gig I've been to at Wembley has been incredible - muse 07 and 10, Coldplay 2022, Blur 2023 and Springsteen 2024.