Oasis

chew the fat

8 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

so see tickets , ticketmaster and gigs n tours? Whats the ticket system for these? 

i know ticketmaster is random queue allocations... the rest?

Gigs n tours are seeticket owned, so it’s same server etc. will be similar process to Glastonbury, refresh like crazy. Websites will probably crash 

So I bought 4 pre sale tickets using my card on my friend’s account. Am I right in thinking that I can’t buy another 4 for my friends tomorrow for the same show but I could for a different show? What if I used a different card? And does the 4 per household limit only apply to Ticketmaster ie can I buy 4 from See Tickets for the same show for my friends?

Minded not to risk Ticketmaster cancelling my existing tickets so have a different card ready but if they trace it back to my name and billing address, may still be the same issue so may avoid altogether.

6 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

I'm very willing to be wrong, because I do really like Oasis. But I think that to be "seminal" you have to be innovating and influential. Oasis didn't do anything new, or change the landscape of music. They just followed a well-trodden path, and did their thing well.

The definition that pops up on Google is:

strongly influencing later developments.

I think you'd basically be selling every band past about 1980 down the river but being that strict on the definition being as though nowt really new has been created since about then, just need takes on old stuff. 

They did however strongly influence the next generation of music, build up a full scene in this country who many of probably wouldn't have seen the light of day had they not have become as popular as they did. 

• Upvote 1

Seeing a few people in my socials lording that they have pre sale tickets.  Mainly they are people that I don't believe go to gigs.

I'm fine with this but shows the wide spread of people wanting tickets. 

I was only going to try for tickets as my 15 year old Daughter wanted to go but now she has seen the prices says she would rather me spend the money going to a few different gigs.  

14 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

So I bought 4 pre sale tickets using my card on my friend’s account. Am I right in thinking that I can’t buy another 4 for my friends tomorrow for the same show but I could for a different show? What if I used a different card? And does the 4 per household limit only apply to Ticketmaster ie can I buy 4 from See Tickets for the same show for my friends?

Minded not to risk Ticketmaster cancelling my existing tickets so have a different card ready but if they trace it back to my name and billing address, may still be the same issue so may avoid altogether.

You’ll want a different card with a different billing address. I’ve had tickets cancelled before because of issues similar to this. 

15 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

You’ll want a different card with a different billing address. I’ve had tickets cancelled before because of issues similar to this. 

My thoughts exactly - definitely better to be safe than sorry. Will be trying with a different mate's account to avoid it.

23 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Seeing a few people in my socials lording that they have pre sale tickets.  Mainly they are people that I don't believe go to gigs.

I'm fine with this but shows the wide spread of people wanting tickets. 

I was only going to try for tickets as my 15 year old Daughter wanted to go but now she has seen the prices says she would rather me spend the money going to a few different gigs.  

My feed is full of people who are obsessed with music, especially that type of music, who have got them and it's clear it means everything to them. The email said they wanted tickets to get in the hands of fans as much as possible, and it does appear to have managed that to some extent and it's heartwarming to see (they reflect my feelings too)

That said, I have a team of 15 and we now need 11 more. I'd say 6/15 are die hard Oasis fans (3 sorted so far) so it's clear the demand tomorrow is going to be insane

Edited by efcfanwirral

At a bit of a guess as to where my mates found themselves in queues and those that got tickets then those that had to change venues I reckon about 15k per venue been sold in presale. My mate was 3000 or so for heaton and got them but one at 4000 didn’t. Given 4 tickets per person between 12-16k gone. 80k capacity so still some to go at 

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Going off the numbers on my feed that got them ok tonight, I reckon anyone who wants a ticket will be fine.

I think they only chose enough numbers to allow everyone to get a ticket on pre sale, though not necessarily for their preferred date. Let's see who's right!! I hope it's you...

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Going off the numbers on my feed that got them ok tonight, I reckon anyone who wants a ticket will be fine.

Though there are a surprising number of people who simply don't bother with presales. I've been to plenty shows where there was a relatively open (sign up to a mailing list) presale, and tickets were available easily to anyone who wanted them. Then come general sale it sells out within seconds and people moaning that they couldn't get in..

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

I imagine unless you said you were from the UK or Ireland, youd be excluded... I'd do that as a band. Would then do the equivalent for US dates, for eg.

There was a small percentage of people from the u.s that got tickets so it didnt matter that much. They didnt give out that many codes to begin with anyway. Seems it was mostly painless for anyone except hiccups for foreign customers. 

lots of tours have done the thing with excluding on a ballot presale base on geography. Ticketmaster u.s asks for your american mobile number to confirm your account so nobody else can enter. We'll see if they do similar.

1 hour ago, lsccksdg said:

Does anyone know if they’re going to release more dates? 

The 10 wembley and heaton isnt likely to have been fabricated. Theyre just gonna slow release. I expect second batch of add ons will be an hour to 90 mins after these all go on sale. Theyll prob give an alert and they go onsale 15 mins later

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think they only chose enough numbers to allow everyone to get a ticket on pre sale, though not necessarily for their preferred date. Let's see who's right!! I hope it's you...

I got a presale code at 4pm. I got through instantly at 7 for the 1st Fri at Heaton Park. It told me that I wasnt able to buy for that date.

I pressed back & went tried again, wouldnt let me, it said I was a bot. Tried every weekend date... "Suspiscious activity" was all it said 

Tried for the Wednesday.. No problem. 2000 in the queue wait & success. As if my code was only valid for the Wedneaday at Heaton Park.

A facebook friend had a similar experience, but he could only get the final Sunday at Heaton. I do wonder if your code locked you into specific dates, as if to spread the sales around more evenly? That might be circumstantial evidence though.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Hmmm. Definitely possible that happened to me.

I was trying for the weekend dates in Edinburgh but there was no waiting room available - only for Tuesday the 12th.

After I'd clicked into the weekend dates numerous times looking for a waiting room it eventually decided I was a bot and suspended my session.  I'm still locked out this morning.

Was only trying for pals so not the end of the world personally, but still annoying.

Another friend did get through and - this is where the shenanigans start - only 'premium' standing packages were left - which seems to just be the same as the other GA standing tickets just with a free gift.  But cost £65 more.

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmm. Definitely possible that happened to me.

I was trying for the weekend dates in Edinburgh but there was no waiting room available - only for Tuesday the 12th.

After I'd clicked into the weekend dates numerous times looking for a waiting room it eventually decided I was a bot and suspended my session.  I'm still locked out this morning.

Was only trying for pals so not the end of the world personally, but still annoying.

Another friend did get through and - this is where the shenanigans start - only 'premium' standing packages were left - which seems to just be the same as the other GA standing tickets just with a free gift.  But cost £65 more.

I'm guessing the 'free gift' isn't worth 65 quid... They should all be standard standing tickets with the option to add the premium at checkout.

not that optimistic I will be able to get tickets but thinking to try either London or Manchester. I was in the golden ring for Blur in Wembley but can anyone share how is it in the back or way back of standing area or even seating on level 1 or 2? and also how is the venue in Heaton Park if anyone experience recently in terms of view, sound, crowded and etc..

thanks

Edited by amfest12