Oasis

chew the fat

8 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

not that optimistic I will be able to get tickets but thinking to try either London or Manchester. I was in the golden ring for Blur in Wembley but can anyone share how is it in the back or way back of standing area or even seating on level 1 or 2? and also how is the venue in Heaton Park if anyone experience recently in terms of view, sound, crowded and etc..

thanks

Unless I'm mistaken it seems like it's all standing tickets - no golden ring. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, wozwebs said:

No gold circles (thankfully) but they’ll probably have those awful centre partitions like at Reading. I know they are for safety but they kill the atmosphere. 

There's no 'paid' gold circle, but may still be a first come first served one.

15 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

not that optimistic I will be able to get tickets but thinking to try either London or Manchester. I was in the golden ring for Blur in Wembley but can anyone share how is it in the back or way back of standing area or even seating on level 1 or 2? and also how is the venue in Heaton Park if anyone experience recently in terms of view, sound, crowded and etc..

thanks

Saw Oasis 2009 & Roses 2012 there.

No paid golden circle (but there are different prices here. I wonder if that'll change?) 

1st in gets a wristband. I got 1 for the Roses.

It's pretty flat & the sound isnt the best if you are too far back. 

The toilets were a shambles. 

The bar was ransacked & people just robbing everything. Standard locals I am afraid (before anyone accuses... I can walk home!)

Traffic situation is not great. My tip would be to get a hotel in Bury. Much easier to get away in the other direction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Ta! Would love a see tickets one if anyone has too. This 8am sales has properly thrown off the 9am. Can't access anything to get ready and sign in

Think in hindsight it was a pretty terrible idea. UK people obviously all tried for Dublin tickets as well with queues of up to 500K

9 hours ago, chatty said:

I think you'd basically be selling every band past about 1980 down the river but being that strict on the definition being as though nowt really new has been created since about then, just need takes on old stuff. 

They did however strongly influence the next generation of music, build up a full scene in this country who many of probably wouldn't have seen the light of day had they not have become as popular as they did. 

That's not fair, I definitely think there are some "seminal" (😂 can't keep a straight face when saying that word) bands and artists post 1980. I just don't see Oasis as one of them. They were big in this country, and a lot of people like their hits. But in a hundred, two hundred years time nobody will talk about them as a band that intrinsically changed anything. The next generation of music would've happened with or without Oasis, and would've been largely the same (because Oasis were largely the same as what came before them).

I might be being strict in my definitions, but I think that's justified. You can't throw an epic word like "seminal" around willy-nilly 😆