Oasis

chew the fat

6 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Just on gigs and tours main oasis page. Showing sold out both Cardiff dates and all Scotland dates. Doesn’t say sold out for any heaton park or Wembley dates so still tickets out there.

still cant get past the holding page 😞 

Wow, that was… traumatic. We got to the front of the queue before both getting booted for “reserving too many tickets”. 

We managed to get Cardiff seated at £150ish each and then standing Manchester as well.

Thankfully I had already paid for a hotel room and I’ve got a campsite that’s accessible from Heaton Park booked. 

It does mean no Glasto for us next year though. That’s wiped out all our fun savings for the year.  

Edited by eatingglitter

2 hours ago, Havors said:

It's 6 hours and not sold out... people are... 

It's live nation by the way... the info when you click the i button says the event organiser has increased price to match market value. 

Absolute c**ts. If I was the band I'd be on the phone to them ripping their fans off

I think none of the gigs are showing sold out because there are still accessible tickets available

6 minutes ago, lsccksdg said:

Helpful info! I’ll keep trying 🙂

Just been through every date on Gigs and Tours. No tickets available for any date. The standing tickets are currently unavailable and it says sold out for all the rest so maybe they will release a few more at some stage?

Either way I think for tonight gigs and tours is now a no.👎🏼

I keep getting onto gigs and tours, find a couple 

of tickets for heaton park but then won’t let me buy them, now kicked back to holding page 

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Does he respond on there?

I've certainly seen a lot of shares before of him responding to tweets...but then presumably he gets a feck of a lot.

It’s all quiet on Instagram 😬

Edited by Mrs Dubs

15 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Does he respond on there?

I've certainly seen a lot of shares before of him responding to tweets...but then presumably he gets a feck of a lot.

Steve Van Zandt replied during a similar furore around the Springsteen tickets. He essentially plead ignorance. 

I have been wondering what show the unionists in my country will go to (northern ireland) Some of you may not be aware but Croke Park in Dublin is the HQ of the Gaelic Athletic Association which many unionists dislike. You may have seen on the news that the Northern Ireland football fans are very opposed to playing in a new GAA stadium in Belfast called Casement Park. I can't imagine many of them would want to visit Croke Park. I suppose they would go to Edinburgh or Wembley.

40 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I mean - wow. I knew dynamic pricing produced some extreme prices but... ouch.

its likely capped anyway. Def could be higher if allowed. Probably cant go above £500.

Bad Bunny had $1000 uppers for his arena tour 2 years ago because the system was allowed to do as it pleased. Drake capped his at $600 last year. It was very obvious when you looked at the seat map. 

2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

I'm not sure it's a shambles when an act sells a million tickets plus in a day, but I know what you mean!

I’ll word it better; I am not surprised they’ve sold it all. I think they announce more in the coming week and we get this again..

But, what is a shambles is the dynamic pricing nonsense (but more fool div’s like me who paid out for more than double the actual face value), and the fact Glastonbury can shift 200k tickets in less than an hour on ONE website, and this has dragged out for 9.5 currently over multiple with absolute no tweets/updates/helpful info 😂

Just now, Andy0808 v5 said:

I’ll word it better; I am not surprised they’ve sold it all. I think they announce more in the coming week and we get this again..

But, what is a shambles is the dynamic pricing nonsense (but more fool div’s like me who paid out for more than double the actual face value), and the fact Glastonbury can shift 200k tickets in less than an hour on ONE website, and this has dragged out for 9.5 currently over multiple with absolute no tweets/updates/helpful info 😂

Then I agree entirely, speaking like you as a veteran of Glastonbury ticketing drama and this is well outside that.

6 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Is there scope for legislating against dynamic pricing? That Ticketmaster can in essence become a scalper for these sort of events is shameful. Though can't say I'm confident this Labour government would do so anyway even if they could. 

If the government has a will then yes it can............... like oit can legislate to stop people reselling 5 minutes after buying for 26 times face value.

The last lot said they would but didn't.
This lot have previosuly said they would.....................................

12 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Is there scope for legislating against dynamic pricing? That Ticketmaster can in essence become a scalper for these sort of events is shameful. Though can't say I'm confident this Labour government would do so anyway even if they could. 

the thing is the ticket lobby has been slowly eroding the protections that were in place before in the uk. Thats why theyre not going full on america with it. They will argue that putting the money back into the artists hands is the reason. Springsteen even admitted to it. 

story a mate told me years ago when he worked at a venue that was tied to Live Nation. Madonna booked the Madame X theater tour in north america. So his venue obviously got one of the reisidencies. And said on the day they were finalizing pricing details and such, LN brought up ( because its required ) the option of platinum tickets/dynamic. Madonna's team asked for clarity like as to the financials. They explained  it all and her team excitedly said yes to this and then asked if this could apply to every date. They said yes, so then all the other cities had it happen. Shows you what drives certain artists and could give a f**k all. 

Its only magnified right now cause this is such a big deal. Was anyone complaining over Dua Lipa doing the same last month for her Wembley dates? I thought not. Its just that 90% of everyone going to these gigs hasnt gone to a gig in so long that they dont know how much its all changed. They thought a ticket would cost a fiver. They thought it would take 10 minutes to buy a ticket. Nope.