Oasis

chew the fat

44 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

What is surprising about today is the fact that tickets took so long to sell out. We know See had big technical problems early on so I presume the other See guises (g&t / ents) had the same issues. Perhaps a lot of people did actually refuse to pay TM’s prices until it was apparent that they had to or miss out. I do suspect it was sold out way before they announced it apart from the odd person getting in due to failed payments and whatnot. At least with the Glasto sale you’re told instantly when tickets have sold out. 

ticketmaster slowed the queue down to try and minimize errors amongst the traffic. They couldve easily let everyone in and then suffer the consequences. 

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Twickets is good, buy there'll be a much better availability in the immediate run up if you can hold your nerve that long.

Yup. St Vincent was a ticket I only got the night before, while my Arctics tickets were purchased very close to show day.

Only one I had a fail for was The Killers last July, although some side-view tickets that were also surprisingly cheap (expected them to be more than £65 for some reason) made up for it.

1 hour ago, grassman said:

Has anyone used Twickets successfully before?

yeah. I used it for St Vincent 2 years ago at the Eventim. Easy. Tickets were emailed within minutes. Just have to be vigilant for something like this when the tickets you want pop up

so ticket transfer will be activated along with the exchange on Monday, correct? Theres no language that says transfers arent allowed like at all.

Edited by Suprefan

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

yeah. I used it for St Vincent 2 years ago at the Eventim. Easy. Tickets were emailed within minutes. Just have to be vigilant for something like this when the tickets you want pop up

Actually yeah this bit is worth keeping an eye on. There's been 2/3 I missed out on because although I had a ticket alert set-up, somebody else beat me too it.

Just now, ClementsMike said:

Twickets was awash with Liams Knebworth tickets last year. I paid £30 each a day before. 
I’m banking on them again , maybe not so cheap though 

I would be highly surprised if anything from a £100+ category got that low. And I say this as someone who managed to find a friend a ticket to Muse at MK Bowl last year for £20.

18 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

so ticket transfer will be activated along with the exchange on Monday, correct? Theres no language that says transfers arent allowed like at all.

I have been looking for an answer on the transfer point as the pre sale tickets I bought are on a friend’s account who had a code but decided the prices were too expensive. Some are saying transfer is only activated a few weeks before the event to minimise touting, but also saw the 2 September resale announcement so who knows. 

3 hours ago, grassman said:

Has anyone used Twickets successfully before?

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Twickets is good, buy there'll be a much better availability in the immediate run up if you can hold your nerve that long.

Many times and yes, the week or two before are the best time. Remains to be seen how much this hype extends or how much buyer's remorse there is 

If paul heaton can cap his ticket prices 

Surely others can follow his example.

Im sure the cure did same thing as well

Ticketmaster really are taking the piss .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

I have been looking for an answer on the transfer point as the pre sale tickets I bought are on a friend’s account who had a code but decided the prices were too expensive. Some are saying transfer is only activated a few weeks before the event to minimise touting, but also saw the 2 September resale announcement so who knows. 

One way or another it should be allowed. If the faq and listings did not say it wasnt allowed the itll happen. They had to clarify it fir the Swift shows because people were upset that it wasnt specified and that it mightve not been activated. Its too early, itll be fine. Nobody needs their tickets right this weekend. I think for Swift they allowed it 2 weeks prior

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, cidy said:

band guarantees differ. You have to look at how much everything will cost.  The Cure for example said they looked at all their overheads and said they took a lower fee themselves amongst other things to keep prices as fair as possible while also being able to generate the revenue needed for the tour. And they ended up having their most successful u.s tour behind it. 

oasis was gonna get a boat load of money. The promoters have to figure out how to get that money. Dynamic helps them get that guarantee much quicker and also to give the artist even more money if they want. 

we can all be upset at what happened this morning but irs been going on. Nobody gets upset until it affects them. Its been cycling since eras now. People said "i hope my tour for so and so doesnt have this happen". Lo and behold guess what happens? It is week in and week out, but nobody cares til it happens to them.  Everyone needs to also stop playing nice too. I bet you most people legit had one tab open for these snd thats why you got the "i waited for 8 hours looking at my screen and waiting". f**k you for being "nice". You want these tickets so bad, find a way.

I've used Twickets quite a bit, buying and selling, and not had a problem with fake tickets or payment issues. When I tried for small events with a big demand I had no luck whatsoever. Even when I was there to witness the tickets appear in the live feed it was already being bought by 'someone' else. Bots are on the site just as they are on any other ticketing site (and they try to stop them too. Otherwise stadium gigs are usually easy to get tickets for but I did notice there were very few for Taylor Swift. Bear in mind the dynamic pricing will be reflected on Twickets as well. If someone had to pay £350 on Ticketmaster then they can sell it the same (or less) on Twickets. It would be interesting to know exactly how many went for the lower price they stated originally. 

Edited by Narnia

The dynamic pricing was disgusting, can't believe that's legal. I'd hope there'd be some legislation against that. Set a price, stick to it. The greed is horrific. Didn't they make enough money today? Are Oasis OK with that or is it outside their control? I read somewhere that the artist has to agree for Ticketmaster to go down that route. 

I was exceptionally lucky to get through on See Tickets after five and a half hours of refreshing and raging, thanks to a link from here. I know from Glasto that demand will always exceed availability but there HAS to be a better way than this bedlam!

Let's hope there are more dates. But if there are, what will the prices be? As if I'd paid £300+ for a ticket that was advertised as £150 I'd be livid.

• Upvote 1

Oasis aren't even the best constantly-warring brothers signed to Creation Records who released a slew of early instant rock'n'roll classics and then settled into diminishing creative musical returns before splitting after a fight and then reforming years later for gigs cause they needed the money.

8 hours ago, cidy said:

Exactly. There's a lot of greed out there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Well you can, If you enter a queue with information of what ticket prices will be. On arriving at the checkout, you’re met with no option but to pay over the odds because the prices have changed. 

So my options are refuse to pay and cut my nose to spite my face and someone else pays it so no point is made. Close the window and attempt to get tickets on an alternative site which didn’t seem to start selling tickets until 3 hours into the sale.

You do have a choice though. 

You continue to feed the machine which you apparently oppose, or you make a stand and refuse to pay x4 the face value of a ticket. 

Their hideous system is based on supply and demand and if you’re part of that demand, you’re part of the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1