Oasis

chew the fat

Anyway, on prices it’s like most things isn’t it, if you want it you’ll pay.  I remember myself and others station they’d never pay £300 for a Glasto ticket, not it’s… wouldn’t pay £400.  Once it hits that the same people will say £500.  What’s the point of living if you don’t go to the things you want?  People find a way.

Same with individual gigs, £100 was seen as the massive no no… sadly now for any stadium act it’s just the norm. 

I like others with prices would come down but they won’t as there’s always someone which will pay the prices they’re asking

As much as I'd love to see oasis again I knew yesterday would be a sh*t show and opted out. I also didn't want to pay the price for it really.

Dynamic pricing can get f**ked. All this about tours and it turns out Ticketmaster are the biggest touts of the lot. Imafing queuing for 4 hours, getting in and the price has doubled. I'm glad I didn't try, at least 1 of my devices wouldve got smashed up 

58 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

As much as I'd love to see oasis again I knew yesterday would be a sh*t show and opted out. I also didn't want to pay the price for it really.

Dynamic pricing can get f**ked. All this about tours and it turns out Ticketmaster are the biggest touts of the lot. Imafing queuing for 4 hours, getting in and the price has doubled. I'm glad I didn't try, at least 1 of my devices wouldve got smashed up 

I really can't believe I am about to defend the scum that is Ticketmaster - but its not them who activate dynamic pricing (although of course they are the ones who implement it on their site) its the artist management and promoter who say they want it to be live on the sale.

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Many times and yes, the week or two before are the best time. Remains to be seen how much this hype extends or how much buyer's remorse there is 

Indeed - Arctic Monkeys' tour last year was sold out when announced the previous autumn but each show had a pretty healthy amount of tickets available in the week leading up to the gigs themselves. To the point where I was nearly tempted to do more than just the Middlesbrough show I attended.

I will say that stadium gigs also seem likelier to have more spares than indoor arenas, if only by default as there were more tickets to play with.

IMG_0332.jpeg

Enter Shikari lead singer confirming artists have a choice about in demand/dynamic pricing.

The Cure have also done it previously. 

I didn’t bother trying as £150 was too much for me and my partner to justify. Disgusting to see the prices go up to over £300 on Ticketmaster. It’s just legal touting. And an absolute piss take for Oasis to say they’ll cancel tickets from touts which take the piss out of fans but it’s okay when they get the money. Pretty shocking stuff. But if people pay it, it’ll keep happening. 

Out of the 34 grassroots venues Oasis played on there first tour only 11 remain open. 

Edited by foolee
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

I really can't believe I am about to defend the scum that is Ticketmaster - but its not them who activate dynamic pricing (although of course they are the ones who implement it on their site) its the artist management and promoter who say they want it to be live on the sale.

This. 

Springsteen gave an interview to rolling stone last year all but confirming it’s between the artist and ticketmaster and was quite unapologetic about it. 

https://www.stereogum.com/2206541/bruce-springsteen-addresses-ticketmasters-dynamic-pricing-that-led-to-5000-tickets/news/

18 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

Indeed it is the artist or promotor who chooses it - but if TM did not have it at all as an option then there would be no option to choose.

TM are not blameless.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Indeed it is the artist or promotor who chooses it - but if TM did not have it at all as an option then there would be no option to choose.

TM are not blameless.

no they are not blameless - but they are a business whose one and only purpose for existing is to make money, and dynamic pricing obviously nets them a lot of money.

but without the artist say-so, it wouldn't happen.

The touts who used to follow bands on tour buying and selling tickets outside the gig venues have been replaced by the artist’s management and promoters maximising their profits, using the punters desperation to secure tickets.
I have no problem with a very small proportion of tickets being sold, up front, at higher prices for hospitality packages etc. But no way should prices change for the vast majority of tickets during the sale because of the demand.  

• Upvote 1

Yep. Seetickets don’t implement it. So TM aren’t blameless at all. Also your only way of resisting as a music fan will be to avoid using TM. So whether they’re truly to blame or not, it’s on them as they provide the service to the fans 

To be honest, this oasis tour has come at just the right time with the labour government to ensure that the ticket selling industry is regulated properly.

The CMA provided the tories with a list of recommendations to reform ticket reselling back in 2021, the tories decided to ignore it because and I quote Kevin Hollinrake, the business minister at the time "I have quite happily used Viagogo on many occasions, as other people have when reselling tickets.". The CMA reforms weren't even that much, basically requesting that Viagogo refuse to accept more resale tickets from sellers than any one seller would have been able to buy themselves from ticketmaster and making sure that the ticket details (e.g. seat number) were visible and accurate so that tickets listed for resale above face value could be cancelled by ticketmaster/the artist.

Labour had committed to dealing with this in their manifesto and had previously been briefing about setting a cap on resale prices. Having such a well publicised example of these issues just now will hopefully ensure this stays at the top of the agenda and doesn't get forgotton about.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tiesto13 said:

Labour had committed to dealing with this in their manifesto and had previously been briefing about setting a cap on resale prices. 

yes, BUT - the problem (in this case anyways) is not about resale prices, its about the actual "face value" sale price via dynamic pricing.

We got to the point of nearly purchasing tickets for £350 but couldn’t believe we’d be paying the same amount as a Glasto ticket, it just didn’t make sense to. So thought against and hope we’ll be successful in the next Glasto sale and find cheaper tickets for Oasis in the future - there’s still a whole year of trying to secure them. 

18 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

yes, BUT - the problem (in this case anyways) is not about resale prices, its about the actual "face value" sale price via dynamic pricing.

Yeah, hopefully though these stories and media attention give labour sufficient impetus to try and regulate more than just the reselling aspect of the ticketing industry.

18 minutes ago, lsccksdg said:

We got to the point of nearly purchasing tickets for £350 but couldn’t believe we’d be paying the same amount as a Glasto ticket, it just didn’t make sense to. So thought against and hope we’ll be successful in the next Glasto sale and find cheaper tickets for Oasis in the future - there’s still a whole year of trying to secure them. 

There will be some knocking around as people realise they can't go / have overstretched. They still won't be cheap though. Case in point - I'm now not sure we can use ours due to a big family event possibly clashing (which was dropped on me last night... after I mentioned I had got tickets) 🤦‍♀️ Hoping plans don't clash but if so I'll be using Twickets to pass ours on - still got nearly a year to figure it out 🤞

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Indeed - Arctic Monkeys' tour last year was sold out when announced the previous autumn but each show had a pretty healthy amount of tickets available in the week leading up to the gigs themselves. To the point where I was nearly tempted to do more than just the Middlesbrough show I attended.

I will say that stadium gigs also seem likelier to have more spares than indoor arenas, if only by default as there were more tickets to play with.

And to extend that, park gigs like Heaton park are more likely to have suitable resale tickets as they're all standing. Seats make it difficult to get groups in or to go with people who already have tickets, whereas 80k standing x5 is a lot of tickets. We've got like three people who want tickets and I'm pretty confident they can get them for our night if they're patient

Edited by efcfanwirral

12 hours ago, cidy said:

If paul heaton can cap his ticket prices 

Surely others can follow his example.

Im sure the cure did same thing as well

Ticketmaster really are taking the piss .

And they named a stadium after him, where Oasis are going to play. They have no shame

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

I reckon the reason they announced tye extra dates before they all went on sale was to make more from dynamic pricing. Could they try to justify it if they were selling the last tickets at inflated prices only to pout up another shed load at normal prices?

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I reckon the reason they announced tye extra dates before they all went on sale was to make more from dynamic pricing. Could they try to justify it if they were selling the last tickets at inflated prices only to pout up another shed load at normal prices?

This is a good point. The backlash over the dynamic pricing must have been considered by somebody in management. It would have been very difficult to announce more gigs and basically turn round and say "yep, we're gonna fleece you again"...