Oasis

chew the fat

20 hours ago, gfa said:

See didn't even work for the first hour or so - its never been like that bad for glasto

Yes it has.  For most years between about 2003 and 2014, See was a complete sh*t show.  But this was seen as a good thing by many glasto regulars as it rewarded the persistent as the casuals gave up.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Do you actually think most people sit there refreshing for half an hour hoping a normal ticket pops up! efests bubble if i've ever heard it

People think its either £350 or viagogo - and are stressed and rushed into it thinking they could get kicked out when TM f**ks up or crashes.

No I don't think that. I only did it because it had worked for somebody else a little earlier. Doesn't TM hold the tickets and give you 10 minutes to complete your transaction or something though or am I thinking of another site?

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

No I don't think that. I only did it because it had worked for somebody else a little earlier. Doesn't TM hold the tickets and give you 10 minutes to complete your transaction or something though or am I thinking of another site?

It does give you some time - but its still a rush

Glastonbury also gives you 10 minutes but i bet your going as fast as possible

Okay, yes it's a rush but I don't buy into the argument that people don't have time to think whether they want to spend that much or not. At the end of the day everybody has a price they are willing to pay and it boils down to how much you want to be there/or FOMO. For me I was willing to pay face value but not over 100% more to see a band I've already seen several times, the last time being a sh*t show. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Glastonbury also gives you 10 minutes but i bet your going as fast as possible

I don't know because the last time I got through for Glastonbury myself was 2013! I've never got past the holding page since then!😭

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Okay, yes it's a rush but I don't buy into the argument that people don't have time to think whether they want to spend that much or not. At the end of the day everybody has a price they are willing to pay and it boils down to how much you want to be there/or FOMO. For me I was willing to pay face value but not over 100% more to see a band I've already seen several times, the last time being a sh*t show. 

Not everyone reacts as rationally as people on here who are used to glastonbury shitshow + other ticket sales

Also for many this is their concert of 2025 so are less fussed about price point etc

bit lost on what the point is, not saying you are but it seems some people on twitter etc will just defend the band / ticketmaster to the end of the earth

6 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

But that isn’t so much time if you are going with a group of mates and have already agreed a max price based on what’s been advertised …. The push for extra means a frantic ring round / text …. Let’s face it I’ve been 30 seconds from timing out on the Glastonbury sale with a price I’ve already known . 

4 x standing tickets for £148 just went up on Twickets. Booking fee in total was £50ish. I tried to buy but someone already nabbed them. I have alerts switched on but didn’t get one, I just happened to check!

Edited by lsccksdg

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not everyone reacts as rationally as people on here who are used to glastonbury shitshow + other ticket sales

Also for many this is their concert of 2025 so are less fussed about price point etc

bit lost on what the point is, not saying you are but it seems some people on twitter etc will just defend the band / ticketmaster to the end of the earth

Yeah I do get that there was a lot of people that will have panicked and just got the credit card out. My original point that seems to have got a little lost was against the suggestion that people only had an instant to decide. If you decide that quickly you have no qualms about spending that amount.

Also understand I'm not defending anybody here. The band/TM are a bunch of c*nts!

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

For the general public maybe this is the case - but i think we all on here know £150 is already taking the piss let alone the £200 seats and vip packages

Taylor Swifts show was less and is 3 hours - and she's a bigger act even (albeit without the reunion hype / scarcity factor) whereas Oasis will play for what, 90 minutes

Well £150 is below market value as showed by the sale. The band are maximising income just in the same way footballers or actors do. I know people don’t like to look at this way but it’s a business deal between the act and the public.

There is a big divorce bill to be paid off and if people are willing to pay that off in exchange for singing wonderwall in Heaton park with like minded people and the social media buzz that having “must have tickets” bring, then maybe we just accept it’s an arrangement that works for everyone involved.

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

Do you actually think most people sit there refreshing for half an hour hoping a normal ticket pops up! efests bubble if i've ever heard it

People think its either £350 or viagogo - and are stressed and rushed into it thinking they could get kicked out when TM f**ks up or crashes.

If I hadn't pushed and pushed my group of friends to stop staring at their high Ticketmaster queue numbers and moaning about them on whatsapp, and instead focus on refreshing Seetickets constantly EVEN IF it kept crashing, and done that myself to help them, we wouldn't have collectively got the tickets we needed. "Seetickets is down" turned into "I'm through to the ticket page" within about 10 minutes for me. I bet most people assumed it'd never come back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

But that isn’t so much time if you are going with a group of mates and have already agreed a max price based on what’s been advertised …. The push for extra means a frantic ring round / text …. Let’s face it I’ve been 30 seconds from timing out on the Glastonbury sale with a price I’ve already known . 

Fair point. Maybe I'm just a little old and cynical.

2 minutes ago, lsccksdg said:

4 x standing tickets for £148 just went up on Twickets. Booking fee in total was £50ish. I tried to buy but someone already nabbed them. I have alerts switched on but didn’t get one, I just happened to check!

which date was that? Just checking my alerts are working

Assume Twickets will have some order to its distribution list re alerts, whether that be alphabetical or the order in which they were signed up to for example. 
Guessing the first people to receive the alert would have snapped them up before all emails had even been sent out. 

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

Assume Twickets will have some order to its distribution list re alerts, whether that be alphabetical or the order in which they were signed up to for example. 
Guessing the first people to receive the alert would have snapped them up before all emails had even been sent out. 

There's also a strong possibility that there are people sat on twickets all day and they were snapped up immediately before any alerts had the chance to go out.

I wouldn't rely on alerts from Twickets.

I had alerts set up for the Eras tour and never received a single alert.  Tickets were listed on there from time to time but they always went within milliseconds.  I'm pretty sure there were a load of bots nabbing them before a human physically could, and sticking them on Stubhub.

However, the one time I was successful was when tickets were in someone else's basket. I kept going back and refreshing, and I guess the other buyer timed out because they somehow fell into mine.

Edited by doogie

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree I think the hype that social media creates and also the yearning to be part of that hype plays a big role here. I think for some the likes and comments are worth the premium.

I seem to remember seeing social media posts on Friday night from people who had bought tickets from Viagogo/Stub Hub after the presale.

What sort of idiot pays stupid prices for resale tickets before the actual main ticket sale? The sort of people who want the bragging rights, likes and imagined kudos of being amongst the first to get tickets.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dales said:

I seem to remember seeing social media posts on Friday night from people who had bought tickets from Viagogo/Stub Hub after the presale.

What sort of idiot pays stupid prices for resale tickets before the actual main ticket sale? The sort of people who want the bragging rights, likes and imagined kudos of being amongst the first to get tickets.

And have pots of cash 

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Yeah true, I guess I was more coming from the angle that by not allowing them to sell out in minutes (which traditionally they would have), but this whole drawn out saga for hours, essentially created hundreds of thousands of people waiting in a queue, who purchased tickets at these inflated prices if they were ‘lucky’ enough to get through, as they felt they had no option to and had to decide in a split second. Whereas with more time and rationale, they may have realised that £350+ for general admission is crazy money. 
So they get people to purchase at these prices because of the queue they have themselves controlled. 

Your certainly on to something. I am sure they employ someone or get consultants to advise them. They probably scientifically analysis the behaviours of ticket buyers and you are probably right, dragging out the process could be one of the tatctics to make you feel "lucky" to have got through and morelikely to hit that buy button.

1 hour ago, doogie said:

Yes it has.  For most years between about 2003 and 2014, See was a complete sh*t show.  But this was seen as a good thing by many glasto regulars as it rewarded the persistent as the casuals gave up.

I still have nightmares of the 2004 Aloud.com (offshoot of See?) sale. But we did it!