Oasis

chew the fat

21 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

Dynamic pricing again.

An e-mail i received from TM after asking the question. What is platinum about a platinum ticket ,other than the higher price ?

I'm still waiting for an answer.

Hi 

Thanks for your email.

I understand that you would like to check the ticket type that you had purchased for the event Oasis.

Upon checking, I can confirm that you have Platinum Tickets for……..

Ticketmaster Platinum tickets are premium tickets made available by artists and Event Organisers through Ticketmaster. They give fans safe and fair access to some of the most in-demand tickets.

• Why are these tickets a higher price than tickets on the main website?

Platinum tickets give fans access to the best tickets while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true market value.

• Do I get anything else with my Platinum Tickets?

Platinum Tickets aren’t part of a package, so the price you're paying is just for the tickets.

We hope this clarifies your query. If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch

If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Aiza Marie O.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

There you go then. You got safe and fair access to buy your ticket as opposed to people that paid the normal price and got dangerous and unfair access.

Worth an extra £200 in anybody’s book if you ask me.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

Dynamic pricing again.

An e-mail i received from TM after asking the question. What is platinum about a platinum ticket ,other than the higher price ?

Hi 

Thanks for your email.

I understand that you would like to check the ticket type that you had purchased for the event Oasis.

Ticketmaster Platinum tickets are premium tickets made available by artists and Event Organisers through Ticketmaster. They give fans safe and fair access to some of the most in-demand tickets.

Platinum tickets give fans access to the best tickets while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true market value.

Platinum Tickets aren’t part of a package, so the price you're paying is just for the tickets.

We hope this clarifies your query. If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch

If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Aiza Marie O.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

so you couldnt onto their website where this is in the help section? Tm isnt hiding anything, they literally have to explain whats what and nobody ever thinks to just search their website. 

IMG_3062.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I reckon because dynamic pricing came in at bit later on Saturday, not immediately at 9am, that the pre sale didn't have enough people with codes to trigger it. 

The algorithm is triggered differently in the Uk as opposed to North America. Dynamic kicks in when the inventory is below a certain number. The pre sale was never going to have it happen because the concert itself wasnt going to sell out, just the allotment. They knew how to set it up so that you didnt cause a shitstorm on the night before and have people wondering whats gonna happen. In America it will happen within minutes due to demand which is the plain and simple way. Even in a presale it will happen and then those prices stay for a general sale. So then Tm maximizes everything just on presale cause the algorithm gets to kick in sooner.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

so you couldnt onto their website where this is in the help section? Tm isnt hiding anything, they literally have to explain whats what and nobody ever thinks to just search their website. 

IMG_3062.jpeg

I dunno, for 200 quid extra (of which I believe they get twenty), sending a boilerplate email seems an OK ask. 

6 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

Ugh, I love Some Might Say.

My husband will riot if we don't get Digsy's Dinner, haha.

Are the Manics meant to be the Cardiff support act? 

I have absolutely nothing to back this up but I would be very surprised if the Manics weren’t one of the Cardiff supports.

12 hours ago, Suprefan said:

IMG_3062.jpeg

Clearly this wasn't explained enough for it to catch a lot of people out and for this to have become such a dominant theme of discussion in the last few days.

Exactly how you do it more transparently going forward is another matter. When an act announces shows, do they just have to say "Dynamic pricing is on" like Springsteen effectively did?

4 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

I have absolutely nothing to back this up but I would be very surprised if the Manics weren’t one of the Cardiff supports.

I effing adore the Manics. They're the one band I think I've seen 15+ times over many eras. Never seen a bad Manics performance. 

10 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

Ugh, I love Some Might Say.

My husband will riot if we don't get Digsy's Dinner, haha.

Are the Manics meant to be the Cardiff support act? 

I would be very, very, very surprised if you get Digsy's Dinner. You may need to start counselling now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

IMG_3062.jpeg

This isn't specifically what @brandycokeasked though. He asked what is "platinum" about it. And I think it's pretty clear it's an email to express ones distaste at the practice, than than an actual query about what dynamic pricing is.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

So in the latest Youtube video with Noel answering questions, he says Supersonic and Some Might Say are his favourite Oasis songs. I wasn't sure they'd play it but I guess Some Might say could be in?

Would’ve thought that would be nailed on along with the other singles from the first two albums. Surely the setlists will be like five or six each from the first two albums and then select singles from the rest of their discography. 

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I would be very, very, very surprised if you get Digsy's Dinner. You may need to start counselling now.

Noel used to play it a lot in earlier HFB days and Liam's had to sing it on his recent DM30 tour, so I reckon there is a (small) bit of potential for it to appear as a wildcard on one or two setlists. But you're definitely right that it's very unlikely to be a staple, it's difficult to justify squeezing it into a stadium setlist from them currently

14 hours ago, brandycoke said:

Dynamic pricing again.

Hi 

Thanks for your email.

Sincerely,

Aiza Marie O.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

"Safe and fair". They really think people buy that sh*t?

Disgusting, the whole thing.

13 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

So in the latest Youtube video with Noel answering questions, he says Supersonic and Some Might Say are his favourite Oasis songs. I wasn't sure they'd play it but I guess Some Might say could be in?

Love the track, but it's one of those that I think Liam slightly struggles with, particularly that higher section. Wouldn't be gutted if it wasn't on the setlist, though it's very likely to be.

5 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

God, this would make me massively jealous. I have a Wembley night 1 ticket, and "avoided" Cardiff, cos I wouldn't have been able to wangle Glasto and Cardiff so close together. Obviously, had I been offered Cardiff as a last resort I'd have snapped it up.

I don't think it'll be Manics. It makes sense, but I cannot see that happening.

Would be f**king amazing.

Apologies if coveted, is there any consensus on support acts across the tour or Wembley in particular? I saw the Blossoms link. That'd be "OK". I really can't get into Fontaines, so that would be pretty underwhelming for me. Any others in the mix?

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Apologies if coveted, is there any consensus on support acts across the tour or Wembley in particular? I saw the Blossoms link. That'd be "OK". I really can't get into Fontaines, so that would be pretty underwhelming for me. Any others in the mix?

Blossoms are the only one who seem near enough nailed on imo - pretty sure all of the other names being thrown about are from fake poster leaks that people have fallen for.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Blossoms are the only one who seem near enough nailed on imo - pretty sure all of the other names being thrown about are from fake poster leaks that people have fallen for.

There was good info for Courteeners - same source as blossoms

Edited by gfa

Will be surprised if Fontaines do the London and even Manchester dates as it would impact sales for their own Finsbury Park show (which clashes with Cardiff), probably already a bit of nightmare for the promoter that this reunion tour has been announced. Can see them doing Dublin and potentially Edinburgh though. Would be brilliant

Edited by sildante
typo