Oasis

chew the fat

Interesting to see if they went for a retro set of support acts - OCS, Manics, Cast, Prodigy ... all active and suitable for such gigs.

I just saw 'reasonably' priced seats on Twickets for Edinburgh, now sold but very available when I looked. More going through there already than I expected.

23 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Interesting to see if they went for a retro set of support acts - OCS, Manics, Cast, Prodigy ... all active and suitable for such gigs.

I just saw 'reasonably' priced seats on Twickets for Edinburgh, now sold but very available when I looked. More going through there already than I expected.

did you get an alert or just check? I think a lot of people's alerts aren't working

40 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

I really hope there's not going to be more than one 90s name per gig.

So per gig, and not necessarily the same artist for every gig:

One 90s band/artist

One current, more established -like Blossoms

One fresher 1 album out and on the way up for the first time sort of act

Also would be very happy with no 90s acts, but two established fresher ones, but feels unlikely.

If there's two 90s names, however active currently, that'd be a bit of a zzz.

Edited by dumbsaints

35 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

did you get an alert or just check? I think a lot of people's alerts aren't working

Yes, manual checking. Edinburgh no good for me due to accommodation up there, and I just saw some Wembley at £500 each. Seems a fair bit of low level activity and I'm probably missing lots.

Don't rely on Twickets alerts.  Even if you receive them, any tickets will be gone by the time an alert goes out.

Just keep this page bookmarked and check it regularly.  If there's a ticket available, or importantly, about to be available, you'll see a little ticket icon with the words 'Low Availability' on the relevant line.

Oasis | Concerts & Gigs | Buy Tickets | Tour Dates | Twickets

Annoyingly, this ticket icon sticks around for a while after the ticket has been sold.

Edited by doogie

1 hour ago, doogie said:

Don't rely on Twickets alerts.  Even if you receive them, any tickets will be gone by the time an alert goes out.

Just keep this page bookmarked and check it regularly.  If there's a ticket available, or importantly, about to be available, you'll see a little ticket icon with the words 'Low Availability' on the relevant line.

Oasis | Concerts & Gigs | Buy Tickets | Tour Dates | Twickets

Annoyingly, this ticket icon sticks around for a while after the ticket has been sold.

Yeah alerts aren't going to help for high demand things like this where I imagine they're bought before the alert is even sent out.

If you're sat on a computer all day you can go into the individual event page and use a page change monitor add on.

Edited by Nobby's Old Boots

4 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

Feel like a retro bill would go down like a cold cup of sick. 

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Any idea on the timeframe for the announcement? Is that all that's holding it up or will it be more of a traditional nearer the time announcement?

No idea on timescale I'm afraid. Just that Courteeners was all but agreed but seems to have fallen through on some kind of contractual issue which is unlikely to get resolved. 

10 minutes ago, briddj said:

No idea on timescale I'm afraid. Just that Courteeners was all but agreed but seems to have fallen through on some kind of contractual issue which is unlikely to get resolved. 

Hopefully they get replaced with something that will get the crowd going that would connect with (a portion of) the Manchester crowd. I don't think Blossoms would do that if they were elevated to main support, as much as I like them, and I certainly hope its not Fontaines. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

43 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Hopefully they get replaced with something that will get the crowd going that would connect with (a portion of) the Manchester crowd. I don't think Blossoms would do that if they were elevated to main support, as much as I like them, and I certainly hope its not Fontaines. 

Blossoms aren't as darkfruits as Courteenters and would divide the crowd more but again they're very popular in the Greater Manchester region. Think it'd be likely there was another band between them and Oasis anyhow and weren't the main support. We'll see.

Also just based on anecdotal evidence but have a gut feeling the success rates in ticket purchases were fairly high in the younger crowd. Got friends and acquaintances in both 18-35 group and 35+ and rarely any of the 35+ seem to have been successful whereas majority of younger folks I know will be going. Blossoms are pretty popular among that lot in the Manchester region.

Seems to me that a large majority of the support rumours are from last Tuesdays "who could support Oasis" lists, with no evidence or true hearsay to back them up. Seems pretty up in the air!

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Oasis could just perform with no support  and the crowds will go f**king ballistic, especially at Heaton park. 

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

How are they going to tell who was unsuccessful in buying tickets? They were literally millions!

Assuming they mean people who were unsuccessful in the initial ballot?