Oasis

chew the fat

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

well I created a TM account on the morning of the sale and didnt think id successfully signed in at any point , maybe I actually did as ive had an email through .... odd 

Same here. I had to check if it was some sort of scam. I can't help but feel like I'm being subjected to a gigantic marketing attack, just seeing the black and white "Oasis" logo everywhere I look 🤔😅

• Downvote 1

Wonder how many of these emails have went out. If they were sensible about it, if they're identifying people who didn't get a ticket through Ticketmaster, surely they could have cut the middle man out and completely skipped a ballot?

They could have just randomly sent codes to 200,000 people from their database who fit the criteria for this email, and sent them a code. 

Got an email in the early hours of this morning and received the follow-up email 5-10 mins later (I was up with a three-month old so must have capitalised on the quiet period to get the confirmation email quickly).

It seems like it's shaping up for another Friday/Saturday sale? Greater clarity from the organisers would be welcome at this point. For such huge gigs and ticket sales, everything feels like it's being done on a whim. 

Edited by JA_Watts

1 minute ago, Dronx said:

One of my ticket group has one. So basically is it to apply to enter another ballot? 

Yes, to get a code to enter a presale, and it says not enough codes for everyone - so same as before. Have to answer a question about when Oasis last played Wembley (I was actually there, with my parents, how cool am I 🤣

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Suprefan said:

its the audience. Nobody ever really thinks of demographics and age breakdowns for concert tours. As mentioned, its def a lot of people who do not go to gigs that wanted to go to Oasis. They finally have a reason to do so. These people have not experienced modern onsales and think its a simple process. You couldve easily noticed this on their subreddit. Everyone asking about price, how it works, the queues. Perfect storm for those that are experienced to capitalize. ( my mates are happy i helped get their tickets cause of it )

One of my favorite tours has been Depeche Mode simply for that fact that I know their fans barely go to gigs. And the method of selling tickets has changed each time theyve toured since I have actively been going to see them for 20 years. From the first time needed an American Express credit card to guarantee getting a ticket in presale, to a ballot, to just needing a password. 

Depeche was actually the first major group to implement the Verified Fan program. In its infancy they had a couple of different methods to get you into a presale. First, just a ballot. You gave your details and they selected people. It was very easy to get these cause there likely wasnt a screening process. But if course its data harvesting anyway. 

The other one was essentially making it a game. Depeche had it all set up where you would end up in different ticketing groups to buy tickets. ( might be how they sell Oasis this time ) So what you had to do was earn "points" by either posting about them on social media, buying merchandise, buying the album and so on and so forth. You could actively check your spot so you could make sure where you would end up. And you could change cities to see how your ranking would be elsewhere. This all last a week before the sales.

They also had a bonus for the person who was first. You got a special merch bundle I think that was signed. Anyway, this audience was the wrong one to put into this game. I knew it too. Old people arent gonna be tweeting about Depeche Mode 24/7 just to get a better spot in the queue. You needed somebody with a following and the right age demo. 

Enter Taylor Swift. For her Reputation tour she used this same system and your rankings mattered. So you entererd this process and by certain activities your ranking changed. You could watch her music video up to 20 times a day and earn points. You could ( and im not joking ) pre order the album up to 10 times per day to move up your spot. Tweeting and all that other stuff also did the same. This went on for 3 months. Literally you had people doing this stuff the entire time just ti be closer to the front of the queue. There were articles written about it and some writer did like make an effort to see what spending $1000 on dumb sh*t got you before buying tickets.

So then it was tabulated. Your ranking was your spot in the queue. Every single person that signed up for their respective tour date was then given a specific time in the day as to when it would be their turn to purchase. Ticketmaster emailed you and said within a 5 min window at that time of the day your code would be sent and a personalized link to enter the Ticketmaster queue and buy tickets. It took all day, but there was no virtual queue and you entered the sale page, looked at what was available and bought your tickets. Strangely nobody else bothered to keep trying this system despite it being reasonably thought out. Except for the greedy part of course. Nobody should make you spend 3 months spending a bunch of money in order to spend a bunch of money.

Don't get me wrong if it was glasto i'd love to do all kinds of sh*t to get an advantage but this is just absurd for depeche mode

I am well aware i am nifty enough to generally get tickets i want vs the general population but I don't want other people subsidising me nor should people have to jump through this many hoops. The depeche / taylor thing is particularly mad

2 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Wonder how many of these emails have went out. If they were sensible about it, if they're identifying people who didn't get a ticket through Ticketmaster, surely they could have cut the middle man out and completely skipped a ballot?

They could have just randomly sent codes to 200,000 people from their database who fit the criteria for this email, and sent them a code. 

This isn't possible due to GDPR if you mean checking see/gigs and tours databases

edit: they also don't give a f**k

Edited by gfa

33 minutes ago, convey said:

Had an email at 1:44am from oasis@openstageit.com.

Is this legit? Looks a bit scammy. Can anyone confirm if they had the same?

I've done a bit of digging and as far as I can tell it's legit. The original ballot (oasis.os.fan/presaleballot) page has a link in the bottom right hand corner saying 'powered by openstage' which when you click on it takes you to the site you mention your email is from. Also I just checked my emails from the first ballot entry and the email asking you to confirm is from the same address as you mention.

I didn't get an email last night but I suspect everybody's mails for the new ballot will be from the same address or oasis.os.fan

Think you're good.

44 minutes ago, gfa said:

This isn't possible due to GDPR if you mean checking see/gigs and tours databases

edit: they also don't give a f**k

No I meant they could have just sent codes to 200,000 people who they have identified failed in the Ticketmaster original sale, rather than do the ballot process first.