Oasis

chew the fat

(Half jokingly) expecting lots of tickets to be available on resale sites tomorrow after Liam’s performance tonight at the boxing. 
I know that’s how he performs now, and how he’s adapted his voice, but I’m not sure the masses are. It sounded particularly horrific to be fair …

https://x.com/mainlyoasis/status/1837591650874343617?s=46&t=H5V-QdLd3Z1yQZQTa5tTwQ

Edited by st dan

I don’t think it’s as bollocks as I was led to believe tbf, he just plain doesn’t have a good singing voice but he’s still belting out a recognisable thing.

What year did he play the Other stage? 2017 I think? I walked past the back of the field on my way to something else and that was a honking bloody mess, took me half the song to recognise he was singing slide away - this above is a hundred percent better than that I’d say 

Objectively it's f**king awful, he's a parody, he almost sounds like that 'comedy' impression of Dylan that people used to do, but that's all irrelevant.

If you're going to see Oasis in 2025, it's almost entirely not for musical reasons, it's a day out with the lads, a few hours where you can convince yourself that you're not tubby, balding and weighed down with concern about the interest rate on your mortgage repayments and whether you can afford a new kitchen. For a couple of hours you'll slip on an (XXL these days) polo shirt, lace up your Sambas, get on the beak, hug your mates and pretend it's 1996. It's cosplay for middle managers. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Liam Gallagher performing &#39;Rock N Roll Star&#39; tonight at Wembley Stadium 🥊 <a href="https://t.co/lLcUVU7EMX">pic.twitter.com/lLcUVU7EMX</a></p>&mdash; Mainly Oasis (@mainlyoasis) <a href="https://twitter.com/mainlyoasis/status/1837591650874343617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by Mardy
can't figure out how to embed tweets

17 minutes ago, Mardy said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Liam Gallagher performing &#39;Rock N Roll Star&#39; tonight at Wembley Stadium 🥊 <a href="https://t.co/lLcUVU7EMX">pic.twitter.com/lLcUVU7EMX</a></p>&mdash; Mainly Oasis (@mainlyoasis) <a href="https://twitter.com/mainlyoasis/status/1837591650874343617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

if you remove the x.com in the url and replace with twitter.com it should embed 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

if you remove the x.com in the url and replace with twitter.com it should embed 

You then need to cut the whole link and paste it back in. It will ask if you want to display paste as 'plain text instead' click that and the link embeds.

25 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Objectively it's f**king awful, he's a parody, he almost sounds like that 'comedy' impression of Dylan that people used to do, but that's all irrelevant.

If you're going to see Oasis in 2025, it's almost entirely not for musical reasons, it's a day out with the lads, a few hours where you can convince yourself that you're not tubby, balding and weighed down with concern about the interest rate on your mortgage repayments and whether you can afford a new kitchen. For a couple of hours you'll slip on an (XXL these days) polo shirt, lace up your Sambas, get on the beak, hug your mates and pretend it's 1996. It's cosplay for middle managers. 

Phew! I’m quite relieved I’m not going.

38 minutes ago, Mardy said:

...parklife

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

You then need to cut the whole link and paste it back in. It will ask if you want to display paste as 'plain text instead' click that and the link embeds.

Tbh I've just given up with it. Just be in keeping with a pattern where if the idiot that brought Twitter and made it worse isn't going to treat it properly, why bother.

46 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Don't hold back and tell us how you really feel.

... he said as someone that's not going, anyway.

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I feel seen!😂

To be fair there are worse reasons for going to a gig than to meet up with your mates, get wasted and pretend you're still a teenager. Don't think there's anything inherently wrong with a bit of harmless nostalgia.

From what I could make out of that clip of Liam he sounds like he normally does these days.  Not a patch on the mid 90s but significantly better than the early 00s.