Oasis

chew the fat

I was there last night and I wouldn't blame Liam one bit. The sound was the biggest pile of sh*t. He clearly couldn't hear himself. Everyone with any sense knows that Liam doesn't still have the voice in 1995, so anyone wanting to sell their tickets based on last night is just a f**king idiot and didn't deserve to get tickets in the first place.

16 minutes ago, charlierc said:

NME claiming imminent shows are coming in Toronto, Chicago, East Rutherford (for NY), Boston, LA, Mexico City, Seoul, Tokyo, Melbourne, Sydney, Sao Paolo, Santiago and Buenos Aires.

So very much going on the world jaunt.

Would expect once them are sold to see some tickets coming up for resale in the UK. 

29 minutes ago, charlierc said:

NME claiming imminent shows are coming in Toronto, Chicago, East Rutherford (for NY), Boston, LA, Mexico City, Seoul, Tokyo, Melbourne, Sydney, Sao Paolo, Santiago and Buenos Aires.

So very much going on the world jaunt.

This almost perfectly lines up with the "leaked" schedule from about a month ago.

27/08: Downsview Park, Toronto, Canada

30/08: Soldier Field, Chicago, United States

03/09: MetLife Stadium, New York, United States

06/09: Gillette Stadium, Boston, United States

10/09: Rose Bowl, Los Angeles, United States

15/09: Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico

04/10: Japan National Stadium, Tokyo, Japan

05/10: Japan National Stadium, Tokyo, Japan

10/10: Seoul Olympic Stadium, Seoul, South Korea

11/10: Seoul Olympic Stadium, Seoul, South Korea

01/11: Optus Stadium, Perth, Australia

02/11: Optus Stadium, Perth, Australia

07/11: Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand

08/11: Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand

29/11: Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

30/11: Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

05/12: Estadio Monumental, Buenos Aires, Argentina

06/12: Estadio Monumental, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The difference is that you lose Perth, Auckland and Rio in favour of Melbourne, Sydney, Sao Paulo and Santiago.

A great day to be from Chile and East Coast Australia; a rotten day to be from New Zealand and West Coast Australia.

I had assumed when I saw that "leak" that the WA government had worked their budget to the bone like they did for Coldplay, to nab them as an "exclusive". They made a killing on fans travelling from the east coast for the shows, assuming it would be the only dates in Australia for the tour.

Then three days after they played, they announced they'd be back to do Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland a year later anyway. Worked a treat for economy boosts, but not so much for those who had forked out to go all the way, I guess.

40 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Is there stadium-level demand to see them in the USA? Always thought they played arenas and smaller, and probably to expats

This was what I was wondering. Their pre-split tours did go to an arena and festival headliner level but nothing quite beyond that, so I was pondering if booking these huge shows was ambitious. Either that or an attempt to get all they could out of the expensive US market.

Just now, charlierc said:

This was what I was wondering. Their pre-split tours did go to an arena and festival headliner level but nothing quite beyond that, so I was pondering if booking these huge shows was ambitious. Either that or an attempt to get all they could out of the expensive US market.

Its probably one of the few things that I would listen to Supre’s opinion on. 
I know as much about the selling ability of a band in the States as he does about Glastonbury 

54 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Is there stadium-level demand to see them in the USA? Always thought they played arenas and smaller, and probably to expats

Seems very ambitious considering the biggest gig theyve played there was to about 20k. And they only did that a couple of times. Was mainly theatres and the odd arena.

Seems theyre going for the "If you build it" approach. As in all the mid west fans will go to the Chicago show. All the west coast fans to LA etc. Big event whores. Car park parties and cook outs before the gigs etc

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

05/12: Estadio Monumental, Buenos Aires, Argentina

06/12: Estadio Monumental, Buenos Aires, Argentina

A few weeks ago I said they could easily play 2 Estadios Monumental and it is most probably gonna happen. But it's kind of crazy that they played to so fewer people when they were active.

1998 - 2 dates at a 7-8 thousand capacity arena.

2001 and 2006 - 1 date at a 20-25 thousand capacity field.

2009 - One Estadio Monumental and it was NOT at full capacity at all. Maybe 60/70%. 

The hype machine in social media these days with concerts is something else.

For the US dates - specifically NY and Boston - I think they'll have a serious crack at filling them. They're 50,000-55,000 for concerts give or take (I think?) and there is a strong expat community there to help bump those up. Throw in the Gen Z crowd that have discovered Oasis there - certainly more than they discovered Blur - and they'll be fine.

The South American ones seem more ambitious, as do the Asia ones. Again, expat power will help the Australian shows fly out, though I wonder if the Melbourne dates are Marvel Stadium or Melbourne Cricket Ground. (Filling one is much easier than filling another.)