Oasis

chew the fat

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Convinced there'll be a small warm-up somewhere in the lead up to whatever the first big gig is, be that Glastonbury or Heaton Park/Wembley.

Something similar to way the Roses did it wouldn't be a shock.

Dead cert I'd say. No band would be stupid enough to play their first show back together in front of 60,000+. 

On 7/23/2024 at 5:54 PM, mufcok said:

For what it's worth:

I was told by someone VERY close to Liam that everything is in place for a 2025 reunion - gigs etc (wasn't told by that particular person about gig locations, however, Heaton Park & Wembley was thrown around by a few in the circle last year)

There's still one stumbling block, though - they aren't speaking. It isn't all for show, as some like to think, they genuinely don't have anything to do with each other. As far as stumbling blocks go, that's obviously a big one.

Liam will do Morning Glory regardless.

No idea if Glastonbury would come into it. On the one hand it wouldn't be great financially for them. On the other hand - they both love it. Noel is there as a punter every year. Liam was driven down just for the Sunday this year, not to watch anyone in particular - just to be there for a day.

Personal opinion - it won't happen. I'm not too arsed either way - if it happens, I'll be there with mates to lap it up. The other part of me wants it left where it was, especially if there's no relationship between them.

It's ultimately gonna come down to whether someone can get them in a room together at some point pretty soon.

*tips hat.

18 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Anyone else absolutely convinced, but still also scared of being hurt tomorrow morning? 😂

Scenes when they announce a commemorative set of What’s The Story mugs and tea towels. 

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Saw this on the 'Tube. Are Blossoms going to be the warm-up/sub for their shows, do we think?

I did think it would be an extremely odd thing for Blossoms to advertise, albeit wider Manchester music scene. 

You’d think there’d be an act in between them and Blossoms too. Even if they got Kasabian in again

I don't know if Glastonbury is a dead cert yet. Whenever there's a huge reunion people always immediately expect them to do Glasto and it doesn't always happen. Look at the Stone Roses or Pulp, for example. And Glastonbury seemingly like to book headliners who don't have many other shows in the UK in the same year. Also, by all reports their 2004 set was one of the more badly received headline sets.

I can see them doing TRNSMT though.

6 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I did think it would be an extremely odd thing for Blossoms to advertise, albeit wider Manchester music scene. 

You’d think there’d be an act in between them and Blossoms too. Even if they got Kasabian in again

I think it’s the same promoters, i think the Manchester venue will have to have seats it can’t be all standing. 

I do wonder if they might re-do knebworth. 

8 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

I don't know if Glastonbury is a dead cert yet. Whenever there's a huge reunion people always immediately expect them to do Glasto and it doesn't always happen. Look at the Stone Roses or Pulp, for example. And Glastonbury seemingly like to book headliners who don't have many other shows in the UK in the same year. Also, by all reports their 2004 set was one of the more badly received headline sets.

no chance. If they're doing any festival in 2024 it's Glasto. If they play scotland it'll be like 3 nights in stadiums 

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

no chance. If they're doing any festival in 2024 it's Glasto. If they play scotland it'll be like 3 nights in stadiums 

Roses did TITP for both reunion tours but no Glasto. Likewise Pulp did TITP in 2011 and TRNSMT last year but only did a secret set at Glasto in 2011. TRNSMT is very much Oasis territory as well.

Edited by VCK2

17 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

Roses did TITP for both reunion tours but no Glasto. Likewise Pulp did TITP in 2011 and TRNSMT last year but only did a secret set at Glasto in 2011. TRNSMT is very much Oasis territory as well.

fair points but don't get why they wouldn't just do a few nights at Murrayfield/ Hampden

36 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Apparently Blossoms are from Stockport and just down the road from where Liam and Noel were born, so perhaps there's some kind of closer connection between the two bands!? No idea tbh, but it seems odd that Blossoms would advertise the Oasis reunion so blatantly for nothing in return

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

£150 upwards I reckon with some packages at over £500 for some kind of meet and greet thing.

If I was to pay 500 quid on a meet and greet and Liam didn't call me a fanny or ballbag to my face, I'd be thoroughly gutted

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

32 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

You're right that it's not a dead cert, it depends how much of a one-off the reunion shows are, however I don't believe there is any way that Emily / the GF team would not want Oasis headlining if presented with the chance of it, regardless of how many shows they are playing or a dud set 20 years ago - great relationship with the festival, massively wide appeal, one of the most iconic British bands of all time. Would be the biggest headliner they have had in years/ever due to the anticipation, the only concern might be whether the field is big enough as it would be the biggest crowd the Pyramid stage has seen. 

2 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

You deserve your kudos mate. I remember reading your post and the sh*t that came with it! 
Always love to see people proven right here!

Ha, it's sweet. 

I only post stuff like that if it comes from certain places, and I knew this was right. No use in sharing mights or maybes.

I did post something about the Arctic Monkeys a few times last year, and was berated for that. Is what it is!

We're all on an obsessive Glastonbury forum and a lot of us have never met each other - understandable that people will always be skeptical.

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Ha, it's sweet. 

I only post stuff like that if it comes from certain places, and I knew this was right. No use in sharing mights or maybes.

I did post something about the Arctic Monkeys a few times last year, and was berated for that. Is what it is!

We're all on an obsessive Glastonbury forum and a lot of us have never met each other - understandable that people will always be skeptical.

Has there been any news flow on the monkeys stuff recently? I remember reading your posts about it which influenced me to nab a ticket for the last Dublin gig. Are they done for good pretty much?