Oasis

chew the fat

26 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Works both ways that I'm afraid. 

All the people who say Dave is Headliner worthy because it's edgy and the festival taking a risk despite the fact 99% of the population couldn't name you a song of his. They did that with SZA this year and got what they deserved. 

Us Oasis fans have waited a long time for this. I'm just mainly glad Glasto isn't going to spoil the homecoming gigs. 

99% of the population who live under a rock can't name a song of his

810k monthly spotify listeners in London alone - more than 1% of the population!

And glad they aren't at glasto they bring a bad crowd with them - coke is killing the music scene

Been looking at the dates again. Wembley clashes with Catfish at Tottenham and Edinburgh is during the Fringe. Looks like it’s all been planned on the back of a fag packet, in which case any theories about whether or not the dates correlate to Glastonbury etc are probably complete nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Been looking at the dates again. Wembley clashes with Catfish at Tottenham and Edinburgh is during the Fringe. Looks like it’s all been planned on the back of a fag packet, in which case any theories about whether or not the dates correlate to Glastonbury etc are probably complete nonsense. 

The only person this matters to is Van McCann - clashing with fringe and catfish will not stop all shows instantly selling out

1 minute ago, gfa said:

clashing with fringe and catfish will not stop all shows instantly selling out

Of course not. Good luck to people getting a hotel in Edinburgh that weekend though. And all 10 of the Catfish fans who’ve bought a ticket to that Spurs show will now be trying to shift them. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hotels already upped prices heaps.

This is Cardiff on the first night and is fairly typical of the majority. A few cheaper but not many and not for long.

image.png.600491ded98f02b27eefe4a8108300eb.png

I really should rent out my house, within easy distance of Heaton Park. 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

why would anyone then?

Shouldn’t think the Edinburgh police are too thrilled they’ll have to deal with a bunch of kids off their faces, in what is already their busiest month of the year. At least East Scotland’s cocaine industry will be doing a roaring trade that weekend though. 

Was going to aim for Edinburgh but the hotel prices are mental. Cardiff the same. I've ended up booking free cancellation rooms for all 4 London nights near King's Cross. The rooms are priced between £120-170. 

I thought they might have announced the support as well...

Edited by Alan_C

Just now, Alan_C said:

Was going to aim for Edinburgh but the hotel prices are mental. Cardiff the same. I've ended up booking free cancellation rooms for all 4 London nights near King's Cross. The rooms are priced between £120-170. 

I thought they might have announced the support as well...

Per night for a double?

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Shouldn’t think the Edinburgh police are too thrilled they’ll have to deal with a bunch of kids off their faces, in what is already their busiest month of the year. At least East Scotland’s cocaine industry will be doing a roaring trade that weekend though. 

They are going to have to put on special trains/buses from Glasgow. That will be a fun journey. 

1 minute ago, Karlos12345 said:

Per night for a double?

Aye. Mind I booked them a couple of hours ago on booking.com and on most of the bookings it said one or two rooms left for the dates. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

When you ask Oasis fans where their best gigs have been you won't hear anyone say Glasto.

I thought their 1994 debut that the beeb dug up a few years ago was astonishing.

Apart from Liam's outfit.

I'd quite like to see the '95 set again thinking about it. Not all of it was televised though iirc.

3 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

It depends how long this reunion will go on for. Could go on for years, in which case they could be booked for 2027 or 2028 after the hype's died down a bit.

Alternatively it could all go up in flames before they even get to Wembley. As I said earlier, any booker thinking they can wait a few years to nab them is just asking for trouble. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy