Oasis

chew the fat

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

The Manchester gigs will be the ones though mate. People from all over the place will hope to travel here for one of the dates. I imagine there will be more than 4 gigs too once the first ones sell out as demand is likely to be huge. 

Seeing Oasis anywhere is great. Seeing them in Manchester is always a bit more special. Glasto never quite landed for them like the gigs here did.  

Liams instagram post says these will be the only shows in Europe. 

IMG_1279.png

Edited by Madyaker

48 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Shouldn’t think the Edinburgh police are too thrilled they’ll have to deal with a bunch of kids off their faces, in what is already their busiest month of the year. At least East Scotland’s cocaine industry will be doing a roaring trade that weekend though. 

Couldn't care less about Edinburgh Police, I'm sure they'll put on overtime and police from surrounding areas will be there.

I wonder if it's more likely that they do Reading and Leeds 2026 to round off the, possible first leg of, the tour (full circle as it's the place that it was first teased) as it's also organised by Live Nation. Think their affiliation with Glastonbury might be a bit overstated as from memory neither of them have ever played particularly high slots and just go there every year because it's a great party (which they clearly enjoy!)

9 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

I wonder if it's more likely that they do Reading and Leeds 2026 to round off the, possible first leg of, the tour (full circle as it's the place that it was first teased) as it's also organised by Live Nation. Think their affiliation with Glastonbury might be a bit overstated as from memory neither of them have ever played particularly high slots and just go there every year because it's a great party (which they clearly enjoy!)

Liam and Noel both played high Pyramid slots in recent years (before the headliner) and as a band they headlined in 2004 and 1995. Funny that next year would mark a 30 year anniversary of their first ever Glastonbury headline performance.

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Don’t think the hospitality sold out that quickly even for Taylor Swift. Goodness. 

Is it possibly not on sale yet and just showing that

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Can only imagine the state of the people going into the gig after three hours of all-inclusive boozing.

I remember trying to get a bus back home from work through Roseburn the last time Oasis played Murrayfield and it was absolute carnage.   It was like Children of Men

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Been looking at the dates again. Wembley clashes with Catfish at Tottenham and Edinburgh is during the Fringe. Looks like it’s all been planned on the back of a fag packet, in which case any theories about whether or not the dates correlate to Glastonbury etc are probably complete nonsense. 

If (as they say) this came together quite late, it could have just come down to what remaining dates are available in each venue, and build the schedule from there. Especially at Wembley, which as we've seen from that list that keeps getting posted (albeit is now over 3 months old so not really reliable) already had a fair bit pencilled in for next year.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Liam and Noel both played high Pyramid slots in recent years (before the headliner) and as a band they headlined in 2004 and 1995. Funny that next year would mark 30 years after their first ever headline performance.

Pyramid sub headliners are rarely talked about much afterwards though, Other Stage headliner generally get more media attention, whereas this recent Liam gig seems to be the talk of the town (mostly due to the tease but also from supposedly being a really great set). 
I just think based on the non-televised stance and it being right at the start of the tour 2025 Glastonbury is very unlikely and by 2027 the moment's gone even if they are still on speaking terms by then. 

8 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Pyramid sub headliners are rarely talked about much afterwards though, Other Stage headliner generally get more media attention, whereas this recent Liam gig seems to be the talk of the town (mostly due to the tease but also from supposedly being a really great set). 
I just think based on the non-televised stance and it being right at the start of the tour 2025 Glastonbury is very unlikely and by 2027 the moment's gone even if they are still on speaking terms by then. 

I think if anything, you've shown their affiliation with the festival even more. If they're willing to accept Pyramid sub spots despite the lack of media attention around it's a sign of them wanting to play.

46 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

What’s the likelihood of more dates being added on the week days? Obviously demand is there, it’s if they can hold together their brotherly love.

Those leaked dates yesterday, which turned out to be real, had "Manchester option" in the mid week. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

What’s the likelihood of more dates being added on the week days? Obviously demand is there, it’s if they can hold together their brotherly love.

Yesterday a spreadsheet was posted whihc had all the correct dates on and it had additional dates on it - so yes, more will be added.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yesterday a spreadsheet was posted whihc had all the correct dates on and it had additional dates on it - so yes, more will be added.

Oh where is that sheet please?

35 minutes ago, incident said:

If (as they say) this came together quite late, it could have just come down to what remaining dates are available in each venue, and build the schedule from there.

Yep. There are enough oddities with the dates that I think we can safely say this is exactly what’s happened. 

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Lower tier Seating was about £105 for Catfish and the Bottlemen 😂, I’d suggest oasis will be a bit more 

I paid £85 each for standing for my son for Catfish, so agree Oasis will probably be more 😬