Oasis

chew the fat

Even if they do play Glastonbury, the last thing any of you who purchase tickets want is an Oasis (R) or (SR) before ticket day!  It's best for everyone if it's strongly denied, even if it does end up happening. 

Personally, I'm not convinced about the whole thing and I'm worried for people spending > £500 on hotel rooms just to see them.  But, I'm an old cynic.  An old cynic who went to V festival to see them in 2009 and ended up watching f**king Snow Patrol.  We'll see how it plans out but I'm not sure Liam and Noel have even been in the same room as each other yet! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You reckon the new photo is stitched together?

This was my assumption. Would be strange to have had them together for a photo shoot and not have done some other promotional stuff at the same time (interview, social media clips etc). 

So what is actually the best approach to securing a ticket? I am open to any date and any venue (obviously with an order of preference), but for Ticketmaster/See for these types of events is it better to focus on one in the order of preference or attack all of them? Is that not how it works? 

Just now, hodgey123 said:

So what is actually the best approach to securing a ticket? I am open to any date and any venue (obviously with an order of preference), but for Ticketmaster/See for these types of events is it better to focus on one in the order of preference or attack all of them? Is that not how it works? 

You'll only be able to try for one with TM, unless you have two accounts. And it's pure luck. Join the waiting room at 8.45, and you'll be randomly allocated a place in the queue. Obviously if you're number 350,000 you've no chance.

3 minutes ago, duke88 said:

You'll only be able to try for one with TM, unless you have two accounts. And it's pure luck. Join the waiting room at 8.45, and you'll be randomly allocated a place in the queue. Obviously if you're number 350,000 you've no chance.

Higher up queue numbers you'll have a chance - just at a dynamically priced ticket with an eye-watering mark up.

7 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Have one tab open for Ticketmaster, one for See tickets and one for Gigs and Tours and then hope for the best. 

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You reckon the new photo is stitched together?

maybe, we can’t be sure!

Get them on the sofa with Graham or Lorraine or something.

4 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Always a surprise how many people seem to bail the second they’re allocated a high queue number. Either way, there are gonna be upwards of 350,000 tickets for Wembley alone so anyone with the patience to stick it out should get a shot. 

18 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Ok, makes sense. Do you join the waiting room for a specific city, or just the general waiting room and then when it's your turn you select the rest?

5 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Ok, makes sense. Do you join the waiting room for a specific city, or just the general waiting room and then when it's your turn you select the rest?

Will be for a specific city, and probably for a specific show as well

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Even if they do play Glastonbury, the last thing any of you who purchase tickets want is an Oasis (R) or (SR) before ticket day!  It's best for everyone if it's strongly denied, even if it does end up happening. 

Personally, I'm not convinced about the whole thing and I'm worried for people spending > £500 on hotel rooms just to see them.  But, I'm an old cynic.  An old cynic who went to V festival to see them in 2009 and ended up watching f**king Snow Patrol.  We'll see how it plans out but I'm not sure Liam and Noel have even been in the same room as each other yet! 

Liam and Noel have been rumoured to be on talking terms for quite a while now. There hasn't been any real vitriol for some time, so i think that trope is a little played out. In fact they've regularly praised each other at certain points over the last 6 months and if i'm not mistaken they've even been pictured together out on the booze too.

Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked in previous pages, but do we think they will add more London dates between the two announced London weekends? There were suggestions they might be doing 10 London dates, so wondered how likely they would add the extra dates from 27/7 to 1/8 as the already announced dates sell out. I think they could easily sell out 10 days at Wembley, not sure if they could do 10 days on the trot though?

Just now, dingbat2 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked in previous pages, but do we think they will add more London dates between the two announced London weekends? There were suggestions they might be doing 10 London dates, so wondered how likely they would add the extra dates from 27/7 to 1/8 as the already announced dates sell out. I think they could easily sell out 10 days at Wembley, not sure if they could do 10 days on the trot though?

they don't necessarily have to be all in a row, although do think the full dates are somewhere in this thread which seem accurate based on whats released so far

7 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Liam and Noel have been rumoured to be on talking terms for quite a while now. There hasn't been any real vitriol for some time, so i think that trope is a little played out. In fact they've regularly praised each other at certain points over the last 6 months and if i'm not mistaken they've even been pictured together out on the booze too.

To me they always seem like the type of brothers who get on really well when they only see each other twice a year at Christmas or a parents birthday. When they’re on tour together living in each other’s pockets is when it becomes dysfunctional. 

4 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

That may well be, I don't avidly follow them (any more).  Good luck to those who are splashing the cash on this - I'm not confident they'll make it to the end of the run and sadly the tears will belong to the fans who've lost money. 

15 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I think there was a spreadsheet a few pages back that had Wednesday 30th July earmarked when the existing dates sell out for Wembley

13 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

To me they always seem like the type of brothers who get on really well when they only see each other twice a year at Christmas or a parents birthday. When they’re on tour together living in each other’s pockets is when it becomes dysfunctional. 

They hadn't spoken to each other in 15 years.

But this was filmed a couple of weeks ago and they've clearly made up.

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Screenshot_20240827-141850_X.jpg

Shes right about Heaton Park