Oasis

chew the fat

37 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Makes me even more nervous for Saturday's tickets now given the demand for a pre-sale.

the thing is they can gauge the demand off this even more. Thats really the whole game. Data collection is valuable. Noel said it in Supersonic that they couldve done 7 nights at Knebworth with the demand. Like they shouldve never done just 2 shows.

I mean the thing is how many can get added. They could add 2 in between each weekend if they wanted to with the gaps that are there. And I mean who wouldnt be surprised if those Cardiff dates are not first and they have ones prior.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

Love to know the criteria for a loyal fan.

I got the email… signed up to that new oasismynet they posted about in April, and since then they have sent a series of emails and I have always made sure to click the links in them and log in to view the content, maybe it somehow tracks which club members are interacting with emails or logging in? 

I don’t know, but I imagine there will be a lot of people who get presale access so not holding my breath. 

32 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Why don't you read the rest of the posts before the snidey comments?

20 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

It wasn't me who posted it 🤣

But cheers for proving my point.

Noel & Liam are at it already. The prospect is not looking good! 

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

There any whisper yet of being a support act?

... well Blossoms advertising it at their own show at the weekend makes them a possibility, as does the usual rumour of Kasabian given their previous in supporting both Oasis in their last tour 15 years ago and Liam G's Knebworth extravaganza.

Heard Reverend and the Makers for the wembley shows. Dunno where I read that, might have been on here lol but it's been a bit of an information overload mindf**k with this over the last few days 

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2024-08-27/separate-dressing-rooms-be-key-to-gallaghers-staying-friends-for-oasis-reunion

Rowetta all but confirms Happy Mondays will be one of the support bands at the end of the video in this link. Unless she would sing with anyone else who is likely to support?

Edit - she featured on a Shed Seven song last year. Mondays more likely surely. 

Edited by Alan_C

43 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2024-08-27/separate-dressing-rooms-be-key-to-gallaghers-staying-friends-for-oasis-reunion

Rowetta all but confirms Happy Mondays will be one of the support bands at the end of the video in this link. Unless she would sing with anyone else who is likely to support?

Anyone else here see the Mondays (and Doves) support Oasis at the old Wembley in 2000?

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Anyone else here see the Mondays (and Doves) support Oasis at the old Wembley in 2000?

Yes but got there too late to see Doves annoyingly. They are, however, back doing stuff together again so wonder if this might herald their return too?

Also seen amongst the million reports last night that 'a source' has revealed they are speaking to Kasabian and Fontaines D.C. about supporting.

Probably going to vary depending on which venue you're going to.

I'm hoping for a couple of bands from Knebworth like The Prodigy and Manics. The Prodigy seems unlikely but they did support Oasis in 2009 at a few gigs. 

Edited by Alan_C

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Won’t be Happy Mondays. They have split for good now. Check Gaz Whelan’s tweets. Never wants to work with Shaun again. 

She sings with Blossoms and Shed Seven so will be one of those. 

Edited by wozwebs

17 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Won’t be Happy Mondays. They have split for good now. Check Gaz Whelan’s tweets. Never wants to work with Shaun again. 

She sings with Blossoms and Shed Seven so will be one of those. 

Assume it'll be Blossoms then.

1 hour ago, Fingerbobs said:

Yes but got there too late to see Doves annoyingly. They are, however, back doing stuff together again so wonder if this might herald their return too?

Are they? I didn't know that, it would be awesome to see Doves again, they were one of the best bands around and great live

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

Anyone with an Airbnb in Manchester can basically charge what the f**k they want that weekend.

Was bad enough trying to find a hotel when I was there for Green Day back in June, which was on the same night The Killers had turned up at the Co-Op Live.

i mentioned a couple of pages back that there is already eff all hotel rooms available for those dates

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

I went to Bolton that tour and we got Jonny Marr and The Healers instead of Doves. I think JM is rereleasing the Healers stuff? He could be a safe bet too.