Oasis

chew the fat

6 hours ago, itschris said:

i mentioned a couple of pages back that there is already eff all hotel rooms available for those dates

I have seen it claimed that hotels in some places where Oasis are playing have cancelled their hotel or Airbnb res and then tried to re-sell them for whopping mark-ups.

Watched There & Then on Prime the other day and was shocked how poor they sounded as a band. As a kid I probably didn’t take too much notice of their performances - just buzzing off their songs, but they never seemed to have been the tightest of acts.

Liams vocals on the other hand were phenomenal.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I have seen it claimed that hotels in some places where Oasis are playing have cancelled their hotel or Airbnb res and then tried to re-sell them for whopping mark-ups.

The Gardens Hotel in Manchester cancelled my mates for exactly that

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Watched There & Then on Prime the other day and was shocked how poor they sounded as a band. As a kid I probably didn’t take too much notice of their performances - just buzzing off their songs, but they never seemed to have been the tightest of acts.

Liams vocals on the other hand were phenomenal.

By the Sea & GMEX gigs are much better IMO.

GMEX is the best gig I saw from them. 

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

The Gardens Hotel in Manchester cancelled my mates for exactly that

Happened to us with the Maldron (the one in the news).

Not putting this on Twitter or anything, but if anyone is looking at Manchester and can't find hotels, airport ones are normal prices still. Its a very short train ride away and the trains are later to there than most other places 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Not gonna debate this but think this dwarfs the Eras tour on every metric you could think of 

Except the metrics that involve actual, you know, numbers.

In the UK+Ireland, the Eras tour sold over 1.3 million tickets across 18 shows (and by most reckoning could have easily sold the same again).

Even assuming they add both of the expected extra dates in Manchester and Wembley - Oasis will max out at a shade under 1.16 million. Partly due to a lower average capacity, partly due to playing two fewer shows.

We booked loads on booking.com as I saw that somebody had a spreadsheet of the dates the night before the announcement.  My wife and I took a punt on the dates being correct and  booked as many as we could for both Wembley and Cardiff and was amazed as we got dirt cheap Premier Inn  at Cardiff Bay for £89 for a twin room

16 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Hotel in Manc is trying to cancel my mate's room, but he booked through booking.com so he is refusing to accept it (the hotel cannot unilaterally cancel after accepting). Booking.com will force the hotel to accommodate him or sort an alternative.

39 minutes ago, grassman said:

Other than the ballot, which I have signed up for, is there another presale?  I've heard rumours of one, and have been on the mailing list since 1994 or thereabouts, so was hoping there might be something for loyal fans or whatever...

My mate got the loyal fans one. He randomly signed up to the new mailing list in April. 

You are only a loyal fan if you signed up to the new one..

15 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

We booked loads on booking.com as I saw that somebody had a spreadsheet of the dates the night before the announcement.  My wife and I took a punt on the dates being correct and  booked as many as we could for both Wembley and Cardiff and was amazed as we got dirt cheap Premier Inn  at Cardiff Bay for £89 for a twin room

Right now on Expedia, cheapest I could find in Cardiff for the date of the first show within the city limits was £530. Yikes.

48 minutes ago, incident said:

Except the metrics that involve actual, you know, numbers.

In the UK+Ireland, the Eras tour sold over 1.3 million tickets across 18 shows (and by most reckoning could have easily sold the same again).

Even assuming they add both of the expected extra dates in Manchester and Wembley - Oasis will max out at a shade under 1.16 million. Partly due to a lower average capacity, partly due to playing two fewer shows.

I thought it was funny that the second eras show wasn’t added to Cardiff as I even saw a poster for it but it never went on sale. 

image.thumb.jpeg.390a54004537ebb18cebe0c7b6ed9e73.jpeg

1 hour ago, 09matthewsw said:

Not gonna debate this but think this dwarfs the Eras tour on every metric you could think of 

TS sold out 18 stadiums. Oasis have 14 shows lined up and no doubt will add to that. Taylor could have sold out many more shows too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

TS sold out 18 stadiums. Oasis have 14 shows lined up and no doubt will add to that. Taylor could have sold out many more shows too.

They could both probably sell out a 50-date UK stadium tour

5 hours ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Didn't you keep hold of all those Madonna shaped ones from this year? 😜

there's still some pulp dreams being clutched.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

there's still some pulp dreams being clutched.

There’s a whole drawer full of clutched straws that have built up over time… Daft Punk, Tina, Prince, Madge… 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

There’s a whole drawer full of clutched straws that have built up over time… Daft Punk, Tina, Prince, Madge… 

they (mostly dead) haven't had long running straw clutching topics here.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

they (mostly dead) haven't had long running straw clutching topics here.

I was referring to my personal straws. 

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I've seen that happen before for other various large scale events, proper shifty behaviour to say the least

4 minutes ago, duke88 said:

How much were they, if you don’t mind me asking?

£315 in the first release about 11am. Think they stuck about £30/40 on the price of each package and done a second release about 5pm. Dearest was about 550 I think.

• Upvote 1

Any experts on Ticketmaster? Living in the far west of Cornwall I don't have much cause to use them these days!

I am helping my brother on Friday try to get tickets for  Manchester. I have registered successfully for the presale using my email address, but won't be buying a ticket for me, will this matter do you think?

I have created a Ticketmaster profile and will be using his debit card.

Thanks all! 

Edited by StoneCircle