Oasis

chew the fat

So far, no one else I know who has applied for the pre-sale has received a code yet. So From a smallish sample of people I know and those on here it looks like they may have held off sending huge amounts out. Although, even a small percentage of those who applied it could still be multiple-thousands sent out for an unknown amount of tickets.

I guees it achieved what they wanted in being able to gage ithe amount of people would like to buy. The pre-sale was so well adevertised that everyone who wants tickets probably signed up.

Good luck to those others who got a code and hope a few more turn up for otheres later in the day but sounds like they have all been sent.

55 minutes ago, HumbugD said:

definitely random selection, I didn't get one but my mate who signed up for a laugh did

Bookmarking this for when the "Glastonbury tickets should be a ballot" conversation comes up in November. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

noel's daughter thinks you're gammons.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cdrl22k3xxzo

Silly little girl. Even though she is Noel's daughter, no way she deserves to go more than me. I was at the Wembley gig where Liam was trolleyed AND I had to stand miles back at Milton Keynes cos I wanted to be near the bar. I've done my time and anyone who hasn't been to three gigs shouldn't even be allowed to listen to them, apart from anything after Be Here Now.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

I'm mid-40s and haven't ever seen Oasis live... tried unsuccessfully to get tickets many times - including an epic day spent re-diallingl for Knebworth - LOL!  As a teenager, I was obsessed - got every record, magazine, official billboard posters, bootlegs - the lot!  No luck with the ballot... and will probably miss out in the general sale knowing my previous bad luck!  Someone please Wake me up before I Viago-go!!

Anyway... no gatekeeping here!!  I love seeing the sea of teenagers on TV at Liam/Noel solo gigs singing along to every word of every Oasis song... including b-sides etc.  So brilliant... you simply don't get this at any other BritPop-era band gigs. 

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

Pretty sure they collected age data as part of the registration process. I wonder if the more mature Oasis fans got codes to stick it the youngsters ☺️ Or they know they are more likely to buy the expensive seat packages.

8 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

No code here either, and no one I know got one when there must have been at least 30 people I know directly who applied for the pre-sale.

Given the mailing list people were guaranteed one, I doubt that there were THAT many extras. A ballot always indicates smaller numbers 

2 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

i wont be able to use the second i belive its max 4 tickets per email address. will try anyway.

Id highly recommend you don't. All the rules say people abusing the system will get all their tickets cancelled. Ultimately, regardless of what pre sale code you use, you'll have too many tickets registered to yourself. Manual checks were mentioned, so I'm not even going to split over two ticketing companies to help friends if I get through tonight! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Given the mailing list people were guaranteed one, I doubt that there were THAT many extras. A ballot always indicates smaller numbers 

I’ve been on their mailing list since about 2003 and didn’t get one. Not sure what criteria they defined as loyal when sending out the email 😢

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Id highly recommend you don't. All the rules say people abusing the system will get all their tickets cancelled. Ultimately, regardless of what pre sale code you use, you'll have too many tickets registered to yourself. Manual checks were mentioned, so I'm not even going to split over two ticketing companies to help friends if I get through tonight! 

But you can buy tickets again for a separate show (according to the official page FAQs anyway which says max 4 per household per show)

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Tied to the email address unfortunately, including a text verification when you join the queue. It's completely locked down 

All fingers crossed for the morning then!