Oasis

chew the fat

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Who would win we cut the first two albums from there careers and just compared the last 5/7 

I don't have a dog in the fight though I find Blur the much more interesting band, certainly the later stuff. Oasis were way more popular though. 

No code for me... Serious long shot/act of desperation, but if anyone happens to find themselves with an unused code and would be willing to give temporary access to your Ticketmaster account to a complete stranger from an internet forum, drop me a direct message 

2 hours ago, -TLR- said:

i'm scared to even think about what i've spent on gigs this year, not even considering anything else, there is 4 x Bruce shows already done... plus heading off to New Jersey for Bruce in a few weeks... so umm... yeah... daaaaaaammnnnn

actually... probably best not to think about it...

So you've paid to see the same show, at stadium prices, one in the USA, FIVE times.  Are you insane?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

So you've paid to see the same show, at stadium prices, one in the USA, FIVE times.  Are you insane?

yup and yup.

tho to be fair none of this would have happened if the shows this year had been as awful as the shows last year.

but as it turned out, Bruce was thankfully back, so.... yeah..... f**k it.

35 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

I don't have a dog in the fight though I find Blur the much more interesting band, certainly the later stuff. Oasis were way more popular though. 

In the mid to late 90's I was team Oasis.  Seen them 4 times but in all honesty all were great days but not great gigs if that makes sense.  This included Knebworth.

Tagged along to a Blur gig at Sheffield Arena not expecting much and was blown away. 

Now in my early 50s if had to choose would rather listen to Blur.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slugy said:

Anyone know the best way to go about joining the queue for Ticketmaster? Get in early, if it puts you in the queue that way or refresh at 9 etc. 

Any help appreciated. 

My experience is go in early, they will put you in a holding area and then dump you at random in the queue when sale starts. If you refresh at 9 the same thing should happen but you may get a momentary lag whilst everyone else does the same. 

Or do the sensible thing and go Glasto stylee on Seetickets instead

Edited by hurdy

1 minute ago, enquirer said:

Is SeeTickets one of the pages where you’re supposed to constantly refresh (this worked for glasto tickets for me)?

Yes. Won't work on Ticketmaster as you'll remain in your place in the queue.

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Oasis fans are just a bunch of flag-shaggers, Reform voters, and w*nkers according to Simon Price of the Guardian...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/28/stop-the-celebrations-oasis-are-the-most-damaging-pop-cultural-force-in-recent-british-history

Dunno why anyone's arsed about this. It's clearly one of two things and probably both. 

I can't say for sure but the fella looks about as camp as can be and highlights a load of homophobic stuff they said in the 90s so clearly has a personal issue with them, which is fair enough, but makes you a sh*t person to choose to write about them. 

Secondly, it's f**king great click bait so brings up the numbers coming through the website as it's been shared all over. You'll see loads of this over the next year, mostly from clueless people who just wanna generate traffic. 

Oasis were always pretty divisive so no surprise they still are and will continue to be. 

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

So it turns out one of my mate got the code but was told he was successful for Dublin which he didn't apply for.

And another has two codes to the same email address, like someone else. All quite farcical.

If you fancy sending that Dublin code this way, if he doesn't want it - my preferred venue - got hotel booked! 😉🙏😘

14 minutes ago, chatty said:

Dunno why anyone's arsed about this. It's clearly one of two things and probably both. 

I can't say for sure but the fella looks about as camp as can be and highlights a load of homophobic stuff they said in the 90s so clearly has a personal issue with them, which is fair enough, but makes you a sh*t person to choose to write about them. 

Secondly, it's f**king great click bait so brings up the numbers coming through the website as it's been shared all over. You'll see loads of this over the next year, mostly from clueless people who just wanna generate traffic. 

Oasis were always pretty divisive so no surprise they still are and will continue to be. 

I like Pricey, and I don't really disagree with his larger argument, but making out that tonnes of Oasis fans didnt also like tunes like Common People or A Design For Life os a bit disingenuous.

In fairness, the Graun also published an enthusiastic piece and a more even-handed could be good / could be bobbins one from Petridis.