Oasis

chew the fat

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I think the main legal change they should do is that prices are released 24 hours before sale (or at time of announcement if tickets are on sale less than 24 hours later) and that if dynamic pricing is active that is made clear as before the sale. 

Transparency would be great, knowing what sort of hell you’re getting yourself into and, in yesterdays case, knowing it’s worth spending all day in the queue to spend upwards of £350.

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

I think the main legal change they should do is that prices are released 24 hours before sale (or at time of announcement if tickets are on sale less than 24 hours later) and that if dynamic pricing is active that is made clear as before the sale. 

That would be a lot fairer to buyers but the dynamic pricing works because of the way it is implemented. Fans have bought the higher price tickets in the spur of the moment because they didn't have time to think and were fed up of waiting for hours. It is very calculated in how the system manipulates people into buying stuff. 

Just saw a point that the Edinburgh Fringe Festival being on during Oasis' run there feels like chaos waiting to happen.

At the very least it's difficult to see how it'll do anything to what are already described by fringe performers as insane accommodation prices.

9 minutes ago, Narnia said:

That would be a lot fairer to buyers but the dynamic pricing works because of the way it is implemented. Fans have bought the higher price tickets in the spur of the moment because they didn't have time to think and were fed up of waiting for hours. It is very calculated in how the system manipulates people into buying stuff. 

Indeed. It would be interesting to know how many people on this discussion turned down the ‘dynamically priced’ tickets and went without. I think I only read a couple of posts saying they had…

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Ah they did for sure dude and Bruce has found it harder to shift tickets since.

They clearly didnt scream enough to make changes with the government now did they. It kept happening regardless. Because it wasnt of any near "importance" to the general public they dont give a toss.  Mess with a uk artist thats deeply embedded into the culture and everyone wants changes.

Edited by Suprefan

40 minutes ago, Narnia said:

Definately and so many acts will engage with fans when they have something to sell but then go quiet inbetween. But if they are going to build these connections with fans then it would be more ethical to treat them better if they indeed care about this.

I suspect they cared at the start and then it became a business. I’m not going to be critical as I suspect it’s the same for many bands. At the end of the day not many bands are  going to admit they are reforming as a business decision and I suspect many of the idealistic fans would prefer them not to be honest.

45 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

And nobody said one damn word 2 years ago now did they. Its always in everyones faces but again, until it happens to them it wont matter much. 

There was loads of complaining about that. Endless BBC and Newspaper articles, a Yougov poll. It got debated in the Commons in November 2023.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

They clearly didnt scream enough to make changes with the government now did they. It kept happening regardless. Because it wasnt of any near "importance" to the general public they dont give a toss.  Mess with a uk artist thats deeply embedded into the culture and everyone wants changes.

This is such a weak argument. Hundreds of thousands of people protest each week demanding our government to support a full ceasefire in Gaza and guess what, that hasn't happened yet. Just because you scream about it doesn't mean the government will take any action.

Sat refreshing See and GnT for about seven hours yesterday and got absolutely nowhere. Got to the front of the TM queue only to be greated with £350 “in demand” standing tickets that I flatly refused to pay.

So I am unashamedly on the hunt for any spares that may come up.

I also have a spare for Macca at the O2 in December that I would be prepared to trade for any night at Wembley if anyone is interested.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

The UK artist has taken the piss too. Both guilty here. I want changes. We've however wanted changes for years, this has just widened the net.

20 minutes ago, Superscally said:

The UK artist has taken the piss too. Both guilty here. I want changes. We've however wanted changes for years, this has just widened the net.

Absolutely, Oasis could have said no to dynamic pricing but chose not to.

Makes their bumpf about resellers look like the empty words they were.

Stewart Lee nailed it as he so often does...

The cocaine dealers of Britain are already putting in advance orders so thousands of middle-aged men can stand in stadiums next summer bellowing trivial conversations about f**k all at each other all through the gigs they’ve paid hundreds of pounds to touts to attend

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Stewart Lee nailed it as he so often does...

The cocaine dealers of Britain are already putting in advance orders so thousands of middle-aged men can stand in stadiums next summer bellowing trivial conversations about f**k all at each other all through the gigs they’ve paid hundreds of pounds to touts to attend

It's no wonder they said the gig wouldn't be televised lol   

Does anyone know what time TM will go live with resale tickets tomorrow? 

Also, there are thousands of tickets on tout sites, so with TM saying these will be cancelled, do we think thousands of tickets will appear on TM resale tomorrow? 

Forgive me if I misinterpreted any info! 

5 minutes ago, lsccksdg said:

Also, there are thousands of tickets on tout sites, so with TM saying these will be cancelled, do we think thousands of tickets will appear on TM resale tomorrow?

No, we think that TM are full of sh*t.

There might be a handful cancelled, just so they can say they're doing something. But most won't be, and there's no guarantee they do anything at all.

10 minutes ago, lsccksdg said:

Does anyone know what time TM will go live with resale tickets tomorrow? 

Forgive me if I misinterpreted any info! 

3 minutes ago, incident said:

No, we think that TM are full of sh*t.

There might be a handful cancelled, just so they can say they're doing something. But most won't be, and there's no guarantee they do anything at all.

I reckon if the band's management decide to cancel them, they'll end up in a pot to be resold at a later date, perhaps via ballot or mailing list. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Indeed. It would be interesting to know how many people on this discussion turned down the ‘dynamically priced’ tickets and went without. I think I only read a couple of posts saying they had…

My son did x4 tickets.  7hours. Got through and 400quid each then so he bailed.

• Upvote 1