Glasto 25 Bucket List

Glasto96

I want a selfie with a celeb! I always chicken out and/or think it's too rude to ask. But screw it, I want to be rude just once in 2025 and get me my selfie!!

50 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I've seen Michael a few times but only once got the chance to say hello and thank him, he's a hugger!

I’ve a couple of brief chats with him, back in 1994 he took over the Friday paying of workers in Goose Hall and made a joke about Hank the original bin painter (they are friends). 

At some point during the cleanup he came to find us (ditch cleaning crew) to congratulate us on the best ditch cleanup ever 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 11:32 AM, OllieMadd said:

One year I want to do a "no main stages" year. So I'd avoid sets at... Pyramid, Other, West Holts, JP and the Park. Everything else fair game.

I'll never do it - but it's a nice idea

I did something similar one year but can't recall which.  I did go The Park once and saw a few acts at Holts, but didn't see anything on Pyramid/Other/Woodsies.  Not a conscious decision, just kind of fell that way on the line up and the odd act I fancied on the bigger stages fell victim to clashes.  Was nice to avoid the huge crowds and only have 3-5 things per day on the clashfinder.  Very chilled.

Looking down other peoples lists I realise I've done quite a lot over the festivals I've attended.  Never managed to get in the NYC Downlow though.  I think that's probably the one I'd want to tick off the list.

On 7/26/2024 at 3:08 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Ha maybe … but maybe work for a ticket next year to change things up a bit . Although that would mean camping minus mates which wouldn’t be ideal 

You could still camp with your mates no problem. 

Likely get a few T&C wristbands for them so you's all be able to go into the Greenroom. You'd have a T&C laminate.

• Thanks 1

I was quite pleased to tick off Glasto on sea this year,  Next year I want to do Terminal whatever and spend more time at Rimski's Yard which I love but didn't spend enough time at this year.  Glad to have ticked off the Ribbon Tower a few years back when there was no headliner I was interested in and I got up there without having to wait. Loads of places in SE corner I haven't seen so maybe try to see some of those too.

I'm not one for bucket lists usually. That said, I've always wanted to do a pilgrimage to the festival from home. 5 days walking if I took it easy but I'd need to be a lot fitter, have the blessing of Mrs Hew and have someone to deliver all my kit to the site. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/1/2024 at 4:53 AM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Never managed to get in the NYC Downlow though.  I think that's probably the one I'd want to tick off the list.

The wait was never long this year - I went 3 nights, after headliners had finished, and never waited longer than a half hour.  Was a good idea to nix the re-entry I think.  

Next year I'd like to finally do the piano bar.  I actually found it this year, but it wasn't open yet and had somewhere else to be/didn't come back

On 8/4/2024 at 12:43 AM, MrHew said:

I'm not one for bucket lists usually. That said, I've always wanted to do a pilgrimage to the festival from home. 5 days walking if I took it easy but I'd need to be a lot fitter, have the blessing of Mrs Hew and have someone to deliver all my kit to the site. 

Funnily enough that's an idea I've played with.  Worked out what the route would look like, reckon 4 days. Although I was debating it with kit, so forcing myself to pack lighter!

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2024 at 12:43 AM, MrHew said:

What an absolutely brilliant idea, and one thats going to have me getting the maps out and planning a route 😄 its bout 150 miles for me so i think i'd have to trim it down (though a hundred of that would be pretty much the South Downs Way, which i've done before, so is an established route and absolutely beautiful too!) but 2 or 3 days of hiking would be a brilliant way to arrive and establish yourself in the local area 👍

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

What an absolutely brilliant idea, and one thats going to have me getting the maps out and planning a route 😄 its bout 150 miles for me so i think i'd have to trim it down (though a hundred of that would be pretty much the South Downs Way, which i've done before, so is an established route and absolutely beautiful too!) but 2 or 3 days of hiking would be a brilliant way to arrive and establish yourself in the local area 👍

Like the concept, however for me, it would be 198 miles and I estimate that's about 65-70 hours walking, so likely would take me 10 days at least!

We've moved a bit further north now but my plan was from just north of Worthing, so expect it would be v similar to yours. SDW to Winchester, then around the north of Salisbury, down to Gillingham then up to Castle Cary and on to the site. Worked out at about 115 miles.

Think I'd get the bus back though 😂

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Like the concept, however for me, it would be 198 miles and I estimate that's about 65-70 hours walking, so likely would take me 10 days at least!

Thats still a kickass pace! i've found no more than 15 miles a day makes it really quite pleasurable and not too physically knackering. Would absolutely want a bath at the finish though 😄 and putting a tent up after that much hiking would be a right bugger! 

40 minutes ago, Quark said:

We've moved a bit further north now but my plan was from just north of Worthing, so expect it would be v similar to yours. SDW to Winchester, then around the north of Salisbury, down to Gillingham then up to Castle Cary and on to the site. Worked out at about 115 miles.

Think I'd get the bus back though 😂

Its quite flat, and i think the bit around Salisbury and through to somerset would be lovely - i'd love to hike through a few villages and stay at some pubs and b&b's. My very favourite kind of holiday now i'm getting old! 

'only' about 10 hours walk for me according to google maps, whiich would be a stretch 🙂 but I have cycled to the site a few times, two and a half hours give or take, perhaps a bit more if I was towing a trailer full of beer. Maybe one day 🙂

Thats still a kickass pace! i've found no more than 15 miles a day makes it really quite pleasurable and not too physically knackering. Would absolutely want a bath at the finish though 😄 and putting a tent up after that much hiking would be a right bugger! 

Yeah, plus Glasto wrecks my feet every year anyway, without a multi-day hike in advance...