Charli xcx – Brat

CMAT – Crazymad, for Me

Corinne Bailey Rae – Black Rainbows

corto.alto – Bad With Names

English Teacher – This Could Be Texas

Ghetts – On Purpose, With Purpose

Nia Archives – Silence Is Loud

The Last Dinner Party – Prelude to Ecstasy

Corinne Bailey Rae's album is an absolute banger, which i absolutely never thought id say 😄 probs Nia Archives for me but either of those two winning would be great 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Brat should win

TLDP will probably be chosen

I really hope not I think they fall into the same musical style as English Teacher and I think the ET album is so much better than TLDP (IMO) it should rule them out from winning. 

Edited by Ben7amin_

19 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Barry Can’t Swim – When Will We Land?

Berwyn – Who Am I

Beth Gibbons – Lives Outgrown

Cat Burns – Early Twenties

Charli xcx – Brat

CMAT – Crazymad, for Me

Corinne Bailey Rae – Black Rainbows

corto.alto – Bad With Names

English Teacher – This Could Be Texas

Ghetts – On Purpose, With Purpose

Nia Archives – Silence Is Loud

The Last Dinner Party – Prelude to Ecstasy

Give it to our Bazza 

Surely Charli has this in the bag.  The new record has had lots of attention and praise, feels like a breakthrough moment for her.

I think it's a bit harsh to paint TLDP as a one hit wonder, they've got half an album's worth of decent material and if they deliver on their promise they might have a full set of bangers in an album or two's time.

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

Surely Charli has this in the bag.  The new record has had lots of attention and praise, feels like a breakthrough moment for her.

Mercurys have form for overlooking the obvious choice. But it is the obvious choice.

• Upvote 1

Very happy with this year’s shortlist. There is a lot on here that I have enjoyed this year. I also can’t see past Charli, but would be very happy with CMAT, Nia Archives, TLDP or Beth Gibbons. Some good choices! 

I need to go back to this English teacher album. Remember feeling a bit meh on release as I felt all the advance releases were massive standouts and the rest of the album didn’t do as much for me after high expectations.

got a ticket to see them later in year but hadn’t really persisted with more listens . Will revisit 

19 minutes ago, internetjef said:

I need to go back to this English teacher album. Remember feeling a bit meh on release as I felt all the advance releases were massive standouts and the rest of the album didn’t do as much for me after high expectations.

got a ticket to see them later in year but hadn’t really persisted with more listens . Will revisit 

Definitely a grower not a shower