The Olympic Games

MilkyJoe

10 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Yep far too long, but I still enjoyed it. Didn't need two hours to see all the nations go through on the boat, then that half an hour after the formalities to take the torch back along the Seine to where the flame was finally lit, far too long. Carl Lewis made me laugh though, he had no idea what was going on and didn't enjoy the boat ride!

Nature of the beast tbf in that having 200 world nations parade their way around is going to take time. And that's even with the fact that on the TV feed, each one only got about 30 seconds-one minute of screentime. Though it was hilarious to see the last two boats being just an armada of US athletes and then an even bigger showing of French ones.

I liked the trip from the Eiffel Tower to the park by the Louvre to light the floating cauldron tbf.

Just watched the opening ceremony and I enjoyed it. Wonderfully chaotic as you would expect without a rehearsal and I'm sure it was far less impressive to those there in person but it was a spectacle. Must have been a logistical nightmare to arrange.

Alot of it reminded me of when I was a teenager and you had to sit through some weird sh*t on Euro Trash as they occasionally had a feature that was the closest thing to p0rn we had in those days.

I was half expecting Lolo Ferrari to appear.

Edited by lost

33 minutes ago, lost said:

Alot of it reminded me of when I was a teenager and you had to sit through some weird sh*t on Euro Trash as they occasionally had a feature that was the closest thing to p0rn we had in those days.

I was half expecting Lolo Ferrari to appear.

You would have seen her coming before she arrived.

35 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

USA having a mare in cycling … 3 crashes and the mechanic doing the bike changes has hit the deck twice . Think I’d be giving up at that point 🥹

Crashes all over the place. Those wet cobbles don't make cornering easy.😬

On 7/26/2024 at 2:50 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Cycling probably my favourite and badminton but if I’m reading right the bbc coverage is not gonna be great this time which is weird as I thought it was protected . Fortunately I’ve got a mates account for discovery plus . I’d probably have paid for 1 month anyway 

Men's individual time trial currently on. Could be a good chance of a first gold for us after silver in the women's.

12 hours ago, steviewevie said:

This is a bit of a wtf

There's a different kind of night out in Paris with those two.

Or at least very different to the drunk Americans who talked the whole way from the Hippodrome de Longchamp to the centre of town when I went to Lollapalooza Paris in 2018.