The Olympic Games

MilkyJoe

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Oh surprise surprise, Lyles is being taken off in a wheelchair! There was f**k all wrong with him when he was leaping about like he'd already won before the race! He really is the most unlikeable person in sport!

Or he's actually not very well.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

He has covid. Why the f**k didn't they test him before...or if they knew why let him run?

(unless they're lying)

The way he was prancing & showboating before the race didn't look like a man with covid to me!

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

The way he was prancing & showboating before the race didn't look like a man with covid to me!

Nor getting bronze in the 200m final of the Olympics.

I expect this isn't a lie, seems to be plenty of it going around. I just think if they knew he had covid he shouldn't have been allowed to run.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I expect this isn't a lie, seems to be plenty of it going around. I just think if they knew he had covid he shouldn't have been allowed to run.

Even if it's true (I'm sceptical), I'm still glad the gobby c**t got beaten - I can't stand him!

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It’s just weird … he ain’t gonna medal with covid . These athletes are so fine tuned and it comes down to minute margins … just pull him out . Mind you I’m saying the same at work and nobody listens living with it seems such an odd policy while making others ill 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s just weird … he ain’t gonna medal with covid . These athletes are so fine tuned and it comes down to minute margins … just pull him out . Mind you I’m saying the same at work and nobody listens living with it seems such an odd policy while making others ill 

Yeah not sure what rules are now. This is Olympics so kind of understandable they still want to compete if they have it, but yeah they should be at least making an effort to keep away from others .

Peaty also tested positive after his race, I actually wonder if he knew he had it before?

Just now, steviewevie said:

Yeah not sure what rules are now. This is Olympics so kind of understandable they still want to compete if they have it, but yeah they should be at least making an effort to keep away from others .

Peaty also tested positive after his race, I actually wonder if he knew he had it before?

Yeah masks are an obvious preventative method not being used at my place and close contact with others is totally weird . Didn’t peaty have a mask on ? Or maybe I imagined that 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Wow. World record to Sidney. Bol looked f**ked... probably covid.

Well I said the world record would be smashed in that event - I just predicted the wrong athlete! I think Femke paid the price for running in the 4 x 400 mixed relay earlier in the week! 

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Well I said the world record would be smashed in that event - I just predicted the wrong athlete! I think Femke paid the price for running in the 4 x 400 mixed relay earlier in the week! 

Maybe. That Sidney woman is amazing though.