Truck Festival 2025

On 7/29/2024 at 11:42 AM, Jack01825 said:

Already Missing it , regardless of the line up I will be there. 

If anyone saw the Giant Dinosaur in the campsite tied to the pole....That was us 

We met our mates here when we came in - back pathway right quite near main entrance?

50 minutes ago, gfa said:

We met our mates here when we came in - back pathway right quite near main entrance?

That's it, we left it there for someone to enjoy but we will bring a new one next year as 10 of us all booked up and ready to go. 

I seriously think Fontains DC will be headlining one of the main days 

1 hour ago, Jack01825 said:

That's it, we left it there for someone to enjoy but we will bring a new one next year as 10 of us all booked up and ready to go. 

I seriously think Fontains DC will be headlining one of the main days 

It definitely just got put in a skip - don't leave waste 🙂

--

Fontaines just announced finsbury park, i'd rule them out to be honest

50 minutes ago, Trucking Fine said:

Could we see The Kooks back as a Thursday headliner again or Blossoms again or snow patrol, Scouting for girls and kaisers have been doing the rounds? 

2025 tickets secured 🙌🏼

The Kooks did 2022 and this year, I think if they played next year that would be a very lazy booking.

On 8/3/2024 at 3:20 PM, Crews1 said:

Would Foals/Wolf Alice/Nothing But Thieves be aiming too high?

NBT would be a weak one

Foals seemed like a one off to me, taking a Truck slot damages their reputation for larger slots a lot imo

Wolf Alice perfect size

On 8/3/2024 at 3:20 PM, Crews1 said:

Would Foals/Wolf Alice/Nothing But Thieves be aiming too high?

Very reminiscent of 2019 given all 3 were there that year. Which I can confirm as someone who went.

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

NBT would be a weak one

Foals seemed like a one off to me, taking a Truck slot damages their reputation for larger slots a lot imo

Wolf Alice perfect size

Are NBT a weak one though? Headlined Cardiff Castle this year, which is same level as The National, and sold out 2 shows at Wembley Arena last November. If they're planning on playing beyond a European tour they're doing in February, I do think they're actually a decent bet for this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Are NBT a weak one though? Headlined Cardiff Castle this year, which is same level as The National, and sold out 2 shows at Wembley Arena last November. If they're planning on playing beyond a European tour they're doing in February, I do think they're actually a decent bet for this.

Maybe not - i just think they are sh*t!

But you do raise a fair point.

This year's trio were quite strange to begin with, with IDLES on the Thursday arguably being a very similar strength to the streets and wet leg.

18 hours ago, gfa said:

Maybe not - i just think they are sh*t!

But you do raise a fair point.

This year's trio were quite strange to begin with, with IDLES on the Thursday arguably being a very similar strength to the streets and wet leg.

Eh. I've seen NBT a few times and like a few songs. But I think they're at the level for a smaller festival. I'm not going to be so over the top and they should headline Glastonbury, but I think they're at a bigger level now than when they subbed for Wolf Alice at Truck 2019.

Even if I did leave their set three songs early as it overlapped with Public Service Broadcasting. Though given NBT then opened for Muse when I saw them 6 weeks later, I'm ok with that.

I agree Idles as a Thursday headliner is a puzzling choice. Wet Leg as an outright headliner also felt a little odd.

Edited by charlierc

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Eh. I've seen NBT a few times and like a few songs. But I think they're at the level for a smaller festival. I'm not going to be so over the top and they should headline Glastonbury, but I think they're at a bigger level now than when they subbed for Wolf Alice at Truck 2019.

Even if I did leave their set three songs early as it overlapped with Public Service Broadcasting. Though given NBT then opened for Muse when I saw them 6 weeks later, I'm ok with that.

I agree Idles as a Thursday headliner is a puzzling choice. Wet Leg as an outright headliner also felt a little odd.

Apparently the Thursday was the only day that worked for them so it was a case of Thursday or not at all.

Could all be nonsense though 

21 hours ago, foolee said:

Nothing But Thieves would be a great shout. A kind of realistic 4 I’d want are;

Nothing But Thieves - Fontaines D.C - Wolf Alice - Lily Allen

Lily Allen seems very unlikely and Fontaines are ruled out in my books (debatable i guess) from Finsbury

16 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Can see something like: Nothing But Thieves - Vampire Weekend - Wolf Alice

Frank Turner on the Thursday

Think these would be quite weak vs this year

Lacking a big Jamie T act

With the way Superstruct do multiple bookings of the same act over a few years, surely Snow Patrol are in the mix if they are still touring next year. In recent years the likes of Kasabian, Royal Blood had played a few festivals one year and turned up at the missed ones the following year. So, I would not be surpised to see them as the big name.

• 3 weeks later...