----

How is Foals as a Truck headliner even being questioned 😂😂😂

They would be the biggest headliner of the 3 if booked next year

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Yeah as the 2nd one, definitely not a first pick though

----

How is Foals as a Truck headliner even being questioned 😂😂😂

They would be the biggest headliner of the 3 if booked next year

They would headline but are they bigger than Jamie T/TDCC/Kasabian or Royal Blood? All of these would be a bigger booking. I may not like them but in 2025 two of those would be major festival sub bookings, I don't see Foals even being close to a festivals first thought. Heavy drop off.

15 minutes ago, northernangel said:

They would headline but are they bigger than Jamie T/TDCC/Kasabian or Royal Blood? All of these would be a bigger booking. I may not like them but in 2025 two of those would be major festival sub bookings, I don't see Foals even being close to a festivals first thought. Heavy drop off.

Hang on what? Are goals bigger than Royal Blood, Jamie T and TDCC 😂😂.  What parralel universe am I in

53 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Jamie T maybe not - but he was the biggest of this year.

Two Door definitely. Royal Blood as well i reckon

Foals not being the festivals first thought shows you have no idea what you are on about. Foals are from Oxford, have a close association with the fest and did it in 2019 as a homecoming show. Foals and Truck go hand in hand

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Hang on what? Are goals bigger than Royal Blood, Jamie T and TDCC 😂😂.  What parralel universe am I in

1 hour ago, pedrogooch said:

Definitely in that wheelhouse. Sold out Cardiff Castle a few years ago, I recall. That's over 10k.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Jamie T maybe not - but he was the biggest of this year.

Two Door definitely. Royal Blood as well i reckon

Foals not being the festivals first thought shows you have no idea what you are on about. Foals are from Oxford, have a close association with the fest and did it in 2019 as a homecoming show. Foals and Truck go hand in hand

Didn't TDCC headline community festival twice in three years?, 45k capacity? 

Jamie T headlined Finsbury Park 45k

Foals most recently played second stage at a poor selling Reading by all accounts, definitely wasn't the biggest headliner at Latitude in 2022. They played APE at 20k 4 years ago along with Jamie XX and London Grammer who are currently headlining Woodies and The Park respectively and those acts weren't suddeny mammoth then, plus had a little arena run back in 2016 where Wembley Arena was their biggest. 

Royal Blood played an arena tour in 2017 that was bigger and definitely in 2022 that bigger. They have never and will never sell out arenas like that or 45k gigs. How are we even at a point of questioning if Royal Blood and at least Jamie T are bigger. 

I said festivals first thought for a sub options when it comes to major, not Truck. I also remember now why Foals are Trucks love child due to where they are from....so yes I do have a clue what I'm on about. This isn't by what we like, this is genuinely by tickets these have sold. 

Edited by northernangel

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think last year they played The Dome in Doncaster and Keele Student University. I don't think they sold out the former. TDCC club was a lot quieter at Castlefield Bowl in 2023 than Foals was in 2022.

I think TDCC had a bigger highpoint than Foals, but they're not wildly different in terms of pull nowadays.

44 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Foals most recently played second stage at a poor selling Reading by all accounts, definitely wasn't the biggest headliner at Latitude in 2022. They played APE at 20k 4 years ago along with Jamie XX and London Grammer

i'm not sure you can really use sales in a 2021 event where a lot of people were still not back to normal

48 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Foals most recently played second stage at a poor selling Reading by all accounts, definitely wasn't the biggest headliner at Latitude in 2022. They played APE at 20k 4 years ago along with Jamie XX and London Grammer who are currently headlining Woodies and The Park respectively and those acts weren't suddeny mammoth then, plus had a little arena run back in 2016 where Wembley Arena was their biggest. 

Royal Blood played an arena tour in 2017 that was bigger and definitely in 2022 that bigger. They have never and will never sell out arenas like that or 45k gigs. How are we even at a point of questioning if Royal Blood and at least Jamie T are bigger. 

I said festivals first thought for a sub options when it comes to major, not Truck. I also remember now why Foals are Trucks love child due to where they are from....so yes I do have a clue what I'm on about. This isn't by what we like, this is genuinely by tickets these have sold. 

I agreed on Jamie T just didn't word it well.

TDCC sold community very poorly the second time and its a bit of a weird comparison given its about £50 with a stacked undercard for the landfill indie taste. Massively dropped off output wise recently to be fair.

Foals did Other Stage headline literally 2 years ago - that is a solid option by default for a 20k festival to get as a headliner, can't believe this is even being contested. When they did Truck in 2019 it was seen as a drop down from their usual slots to do it as a favour to the promoters even. I struggle to really see what your point is, they are a great get for Truck.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Foals could also do Finsbury and Community?

The also headlined the other stage when Jamie T and TDCC didn’t (as you like referencing Glasto so much)

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

i'm not sure you can really use sales in a 2021 event where a lot of people were still not back to normal

Agreed on that to a point but all the events are still out there later on to buy for those who can. Genuinely look st the gigs outside of festivals Foals have had on their own in ticket capacity and size compares to those others generally. Bearing in mind Field Day when they did it had a fairly decent for their field sub in Bombay Bicycle Club too and the festival had increased in size.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I agreed on Jamie T just didn't word it well.

TDCC sold community very poorly the second time and its a bit of a weird comparison given its about £50 with a stacked undercard for the landfill indie taste. Massively dropped off output wise recently to be fair.

Foals did Other Stage headline literally 2 years ago - that is a solid option by default for a 20k festival to get as a headliner, can't believe this is even being contested. When they did Truck in 2019 it was seen as a drop down from their usual slots to do it as a favour to the promoters even. I struggle to really see what your point is, they are a great get for Truck.

So they sold poorly the second time, I'm not really surprised having done it a second time but that still means they done it well enough to get booked again for it given the size. They only had Wombats, Nothing but Thieves and Circa Waves who weren't even that big at the time, still not now lol. A lot of events were only £50. When you talk about dropped off in output, everyone agrees Foals come in very heavy here.

I honestly think they got that option as a bit of a house band still and dont think they would get the sub on Pyramid now in round about equivalent position. 

51 minutes ago, sisco said:

Foals could also do Finsbury and Community?

The also headlined the other stage when Jamie T and TDCC didn’t (as you like referencing Glasto so much)

Foals wouldn't get Finsbury Park themselves at that capacity. If i become wrong on that I'll my hands up. And Jamie T most recently last year went onto headline Finsbury after Jamie T did John Peel.

Feels like Foals with TDCC sub has been something seen outside the UK. I know that's not necessarily an indicator on how they'd be placed in a UK line-up, but instinct tells me that's how I'd put them together. Foals also sold very healthily on their last UK arenas run in 2022 and I'm not sure TDCC have done something comparably large of late, though I'm aware they have previously had a decent chunk of people turn up to see them at London O2.

How much should we read into the Truck Instagram reposting people's favourite albums? So far the bands they've posted are:

Foals 

Wunderhorse

Madness 

Wolf Alice 

Bloc Party 

To my mind that could be the bare bones of a believable line up. Madness stick out a bit, but they have played Superstruct festivals recently. 

17 minutes ago, Itshouldbeaballot said:

How much should we read into the Truck Instagram reposting people's favourite albums? So far the bands they've posted are:

Foals 

Wunderhorse

Madness 

Wolf Alice 

Bloc Party 

To my mind that could be the bare bones of a believable line up. Madness stick out a bit, but they have played Superstruct festivals recently. 

Surely the bigger clue on whose playing is when they're sending out fortune cookies, leeks, broad beans, potatoes, seed packets, etc with names of acts on them.

5 hours ago, pedrogooch said:

I think last year they played The Dome in Doncaster and Keele Student University. I don't think they sold out the former. TDCC club was a lot quieter at Castlefield Bowl in 2023 than Foals was in 2022.

I think TDCC had a bigger highpoint than Foals, but they're not wildly different in terms of pull nowadays.

Keele is a notoriously hard venue to sell tickets for, socio economic factors of the area (people going out generally, its miles out on it's own and a pretty pants venue) it's just nose dived in Stoke over the last 10 years. Gigs which would sell 2x in other cities vs Stoke. Then making it even less appealing with being a Monday, i would just say it shouldnt be a measure of success.

Edited by chloe_91

45 minutes ago, chloe_91 said:

Keele is a notoriously hard venue to sell tickets for, socio economic factors of the area (people going out generally, its miles out on it's own and a pretty pants venue) it's just nose dived in Stoke over the last 10 years. Gigs which would sell 2x in other cities vs Stoke. Then making it even less appealing with being a Monday, i would just say it shouldnt be a measure of success.

Makes you wonder whose booking their tours if they thought it was a good idea then.

14 hours ago, northernangel said:

So they sold poorly the second time, I'm not really surprised having done it a second time but that still means they done it well enough to get booked again for it given the size. They only had Wombats, Nothing but Thieves and Circa Waves who weren't even that big at the time, still not now lol. A lot of events were only £50. When you talk about dropped off in output, everyone agrees Foals come in very heavy here.

The wombats just announced an arena tour, NBT have also done one too i think? or definitely SSE at least

There's no reason why they couldn't move over from the other slot to pyramid sub - would still be a similar size to many acts who have done it recently e.g. Little Simz, Vampire Weekend.

This thread is getting derailed anyway to glasto chat - thank god there's some info below to discuss lol

12 hours ago, Itshouldbeaballot said:

Foals 

Wunderhorse

Madness 

Wolf Alice 

Bloc Party 

Solid start imo.

Foals / Wolf Alice / Bloc Party headlining it would appear, could maybe have Bloc Party on thursday.

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

The wombats just announced an arena tour, NBT have also done one too i think? or definitely SSE at least

There's no reason why they couldn't move over from the other slot to pyramid sub - would still be a similar size to many acts who have done it recently e.g. Little Simz, Vampire Weekend.

This thread is getting derailed anyway to glasto chat - thank god there's some info below to discuss lol

Solid start imo.

Foals / Wolf Alice / Bloc Party headlining it would appear, could maybe have Bloc Party on thursday.

Surely madness would be a headliner??

11 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

What was the info about Biffy? It was mentioned over on the Lythem thread. Is it purely the fact that Truck had used some of their songs? 

yep

3 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Surely madness would be a headliner??

Your probably right, Bloc Party on thursday i guess?

Would be a solid set of 4, far better than this year's for my taste

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

yep

Would be a huge drop off IMO from doing Download, a healthy arena run, and Victorious in the last 2/3 years. If I were Biffy, I’d be wanting to put out another album and try for another arena run and see how they go before I’d consider taking a slot at Truck (no disrespect to Truck, obviously, would be a massive coup to get Biffy). Aware their stock has dropped but surely not by that much, at least yet anyway. Always been a weird band though. Got to the top, but never quite the top top (à la Glastonbury and overseas).

Edit: I may be slightly biased as you can tell from my profile picture and username!

Edited by FeverDream

13 hours ago, Itshouldbeaballot said:

Foals 

Wunderhorse

Madness 

Wolf Alice 

Bloc Party 

I could definitely see Foals, Madness, Bloc Party and Biffy Clyro being the headliners. I don't think Wolf Alice are too big to be the biggest sub. But by having Biffy considering they solely did Victorious like Mumford did...something bands of those size haven't before when Victorious got an exclusive like, there will have to be a smaller act somewhere. Madness as Thursday headline would be a guess. You might get Bloc Party to sub but I firmly think that's a solid overall 4. With a better although Foals night and decent undercard it's even something I would go to.

9 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Would be a huge drop off IMO from doing Download, a healthy arena run, and Victorious in the last 2/3 years. If I were Biffy, I’d be wanting to put out another album and try for another arena run and see how they go before I’d consider taking a slot at Truck (no disrespect to Truck, obviously, would be a massive coup to get Biffy). Aware their stock has dropped but surely not by that much, at least yet anyway. Always been a weird band though. Got to the top, but never quite the top top (à la Glastonbury and overseas).

Edit: I may be slightly biased as you can tell from my profile picture and username!

Biffy have killed themselves a bit by too much touring and not leaving space in between each go while the continued output dwindles.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Bloc Party, Foals and Biffy Clyro would be quite the big budget trio tbf. Wolf Alice feels like it's about the same level as when they headlined in 2019 but then I was there and they were very well received, so wouldn't be too out of place in such company. Maybe they would serve as a Thursday head in this scenario.

But this is assuming it wasn't just a fan conversation and that another curveball isn't waiting in the wings.

14 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Biffy have killed themselves a bit by too much touring and not leaving space in between each go while the continued output dwindles.

I think you’re definitely right there. I didn’t pick up a day ticket for their Download day in 2022 because I had seen them in 2021 and was seeing them in Edinburgh a week after Download. Even during Download they announced their Nov 2022 tour.

20 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I could definitely see Foals, Madness, Bloc Party and Biffy Clyro being the headliners.

I don't think they have the money for this with Wolf Alice then also subbing.

The biffy info seemed convincing enough but i can't see them getting all 5 of these acts