Truck Festival 2025

3 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I think you’re definitely right there. I didn’t pick up a day ticket for their Download day in 2022 because I had seen them in 2021 and was seeing them in Edinburgh a week after Download. Even during Download they announced their Nov 2022 tour.

Yeah for a band that tours how much they do and a festival that likes exclusive bookings...it's not like they've ever booked then while they've had a gap. Mad figure, since 2000 taking out the odd thing where it's just been a store thing, Biffy have play at least 5 to 8 gigs every year in the United Kingdom that had some kind of substantial venue for 17/18 years of that. 9 albums including a double album in 20 years. There has just been no gap, no rest, no time to miss them being away and album names very much drying up let's be honest. 

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't think they have the money for this with Wolf Alice then also subbing.

The biffy info seemed convincing enough but i can't see them getting all 5 of these acts

Maybe Wolf Alice, Foals, Bloc Party and Biffy Clyro. Bloc Party are also one that I think are too big not to headline. Either way, to grab Biffy you have to cut. Maybe even Madness over Foals. Foals will probably play cheaper being hometown 

Probably way too big but you could have Bloc Party or Madness as your Thursday headliner and big sub like The Kooks last year with their name on the poster and then the other 3 as headliners. Like Bloc Party and Madness vs The Kooks and Idles are around the same size, I'd say Idles are probably bigger than both Madness and Bloc Party looking at their tour sales. I'd defo be getting a ticket though!

Bloc Party (Thursday Headliner)

Wolf Alice

Foals

Biffy Clyro, Madness

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

1.  Isn’t Yannis doing his solo thing

2.  Isn’t Kele doing his solo thing

3.  I hope not for either of the above as I love both Foals and Bloc Party and hope they’re back out again

Yeah, I can't see it and can't see Truck leaking those that early. I'd also doubt Wolf Alice will be back. Can see something more like Two Door Cinema Club - Gerry Cinnamon - Courteeners (I hope not but those are the sort of bands that are about). 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Yeah for a band that tours how much they do and a festival that likes exclusive bookings...it's not like they've ever booked then while they've had a gap. Mad figure, since 2000 taking out the odd thing where it's just been a store thing, Biffy have play at least 5 to 8 gigs every year in the United Kingdom that had some kind of substantial venue for 17/18 years of that. 9 albums including a double album in 20 years. There has just been no gap, no rest, no time to miss them being away and album names very much drying up let's be honest. 

Foals very similar in this sense!

47 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah, I can't see it and can't see Truck leaking those that early. I'd also doubt Wolf Alice will be back. Can see something more like Two Door Cinema Club - Gerry Cinnamon - Courteeners (I hope not but those are the sort of bands that are about). 

I reckon some of the ones mentioned previously will do it. Foals if about are definitely a good get and they last played 6 years ago

1 hour ago, sisco said:

1.  Isn’t Yannis doing his solo thing

2.  Isn’t Kele doing his solo thing

3.  I hope not for either of the above as I love both Foals and Bloc Party and hope they’re back out again

So Wolf Alice, Madness, Biffy Clyro, Bloc Party in the mix. Literally could be them with Biffy being the biggest name they'll have had. Jamie T I guess was bigger but I don't klnow how his Finsbury showed fitted in timing

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

So Wolf Alice, Madness, Biffy Clyro, Bloc Party in the mix. Literally could be them with Biffy being the biggest name they'll have had. Jamie T I guess was bigger but I don't klnow how his Finsbury showed fitted in timing

Kele is Bloc Party

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

and album names very much drying up let's be honest. 

Personally, I have really enjoyed their past 2 albums (well 3 if you include BNS). I think they’re at that point in their career where they can make what they want, and that’s definitely reflected in the shift towards a more progressive/art/experimental form of rock music. But yeah I can see how that hurts their chances in the future of retaining those big headline spots.