Festival Scooter Hire

Hi all,

Looking for some help I broke my leg at Glastonbury Festival this year and I'm going to another festival hardwick live this year where I'm getting married but my mobility is impacted and I want some form of independence.  Can people direct me toward possible options please?  Hire area would be Middlesbrough / Sedgefield Thanks.

2 hours ago, COXY1_2_1 said:

Hi all,

Looking for some help I broke my leg at Glastonbury Festival this year and I'm going to another festival hardwick live this year where I'm getting married but my mobility is impacted and I want some form of independence.  Can people direct me toward possible options please?  Hire area would be Middlesbrough / Sedgefield Thanks.

I recommend that firstly you get in touch with the festival you are attending to see what accessible assistance they may be able to offer. Please be mindful that this is usually only for people with permanent disabilities which is certainly the case at Glastonbury Festival. 

If you are looking to hire a mobility scooter I would suggest doing a search on Google for the areas you mentioned in your post. 

Please also bare in mind that a mobility scooter will need charging at a festival so I also recommend that you research how to do this too. 

Good luck! 

Hi thanks for your reply they have told me that will have access to charging facilities and they are allowing me to use the accessible assisted facilities its just a case of finding the right scooter hire place which I'm struggling with at the moment.

7 minutes ago, COXY1_2_1 said:

Hi thanks for your reply they have told me that will have access to charging facilities and they are allowing me to use the accessible assisted facilities its just a case of finding the right scooter hire place which I'm struggling with at the moment.

You will probably need to find one that collapses and fits into a car boot as I doubt you will find anywhere that is willing to deliver and collect from a festival. It might also be worth checking out Facebook Marketplace or similar groups to purchase your own if your mobility is going to be impacted for a considerable amount of time. 😊

On 7/29/2024 at 2:49 PM, COXY1_2_1 said:

There are organisations like Event Mobility which set up and run scooter hire at festivals but I'm guessing you would already know if they were going to be at your festival.

It is also possible to hire a scooter from a company and get it delivered direct to a festival, as I've seen this happen at a festival that I work at. It looks like the guys below do it, there may be others. When I saw this done, the festival agreed to let the hire company deliver the scooter before the customer arrived, it was left in the charging tent waiting for the customer and the scooter was collected again after the festival had finished. You would need to get similar goodwill from your festival but hopefully they are willing if they don't have their own hire service.

https://offroadmobility.com/festival-hire/

Edited by thefish_uk

On 7/29/2024 at 2:49 PM, COXY1_2_1 said:

52 minutes ago, thefish_uk said:

There are organisations like Event Mobility which set up and run scooter hire at festivals but I'm guessing you would already know if they were going to be at your festival.

It is also possible to hire a scooter from a company and get it delivered direct to a festival, as I've seen this happen at a festival that I work at. It looks like the guys below do it, there may be others. When I saw this done, the festival agreed to let the hire company deliver the scooter before the customer arrived, it was left in the charging tent waiting for the customer and the scooter was collected again after the festival had finished. You would need to get similar goodwill from your festival but hopefully they are willing if they don't have their own hire service.

https://offroadmobility.com/festival-hire/

@COXY1_2_1 Please exercise due diligence if you choose to make a booking with the above company. 

I have checked the company number of the above recommendation and that belongs to Horizon Mobility and it turns out they are the same company. I also recommend looking into the feedback available via Google for Horizon. 

My previous advice still stands, I am an Oxfam Festival Steward with a lot of Accessible experience at various festivals and I know the difficulties with the lack of willingness by local hire companies to risk renting out to someone attending a festival as it is a logistical nightmare for them to deliver and collect hired scooters.

Good luck! 😀

PS Disclaimer - Event Mobility are not in anyway connected to Horizon or Offroad Mobility. I have personally used Event Mobility on numerous occasions at Glastonbury Festival know the owner. I would highly recommended them if you are attending a festival they are operating at, sadly they don't have the resources to cover smaller festivals. 

Edited by StoneCircle
Disclaimer