BST 2025

Nat42

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Absolutely is. I haven't seen where the Stones are rumoured this time, though Sunderland would make sense if they are trying to spread the love geographically outside of London. They haven't played the north east since 1990 at St James' Park.

There talk of a Stones show in Sunderland or this something just brought up here to speculate on what they're planning to do?

43 minutes ago, charlierc said:

There talk of a Stones show in Sunderland or this something just brought up here to speculate on what they're planning to do?

Speculation, sadly. I think they'll do two, and one is inevitably going to be London, so it's just figuring out where else they might go. 

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Speculation, sadly. I think they'll do two, and one is inevitably going to be London, so it's just figuring out where else they might go. 

Well I assume if the rumours are true that the Stones are back on tour and planning to return to the UK for the first time in a little while next year that we'll hear something tangible soon.

Even if it is slightly strange that the big announcement for a stadium tour this week was Stereophonics.

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Well I assume if the rumours are true that the Stones are back on tour and planning to return to the UK for the first time in a little while next year that we'll hear something tangible soon.

Wouldn't expect to hear anything for a while. Stones tours might get pencilled in well in advance, but they tend to get announced much later than other big shows.

Probably looking at early next year for that announcement.

On 10/4/2024 at 4:01 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Don't want to suggest the Rolling Stones only three years on from their last runaround, but not implausible.

If The Killers want a big meaty London one-off next year, then perhaps - though I'd argue with all those shows at The O2 Arena, they'd do better to come back around in 2026 instead.

they definitely wouldn't need to wait a year even after those 6 o2 shows to sell out a single BST date. huge selling power

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

they definitely wouldn't need to wait a year even after those 6 o2 shows to sell out a single BST date. huge selling power

I think if Brandon is indeed taking the year out for solo stuff though, we won't see this.

I'd wager that they'll return in late 2026 or early 2027 with a new record. The fact that all four of them played the Vegas residency suggests they're all at an understanding again after a few years where they seem to have vaguely hand-waved the whole thing.

Either that, or they man up and give us a Battle Born anniversary show. If Bruce Springsteen tells you it's the best record you've put out, it deserves a little more love. Was gutted that the title track returned and was then dropped after two or three turns on the Rebel Diamonds run.

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I think if Brandon is indeed taking the year out for solo stuff though, we won't see this.

I'd wager that they'll return in late 2026 or early 2027 with a new record. The fact that all four of them played the Vegas residency suggests they're all at an understanding again after a few years where they seem to have vaguely hand-waved the whole thing.

Either that, or they man up and give us a Battle Born anniversary show. If Bruce Springsteen tells you it's the best record you've put out, it deserves a little more love. Was gutted that the title track returned and was then dropped after two or three turns on the Rebel Diamonds run.

Yep of course, was just making the point they wouldn't remotely struggle to sell it

6 hours ago, gfa said:

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Certainly, we have the precedent for them using BST Hyde Park for a comeback show in the UK given this is what they did in 2017 when they came back after being away for a while. I would know given I went to that one.