BST 2025

Nat42

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

If Sam Fender is indeed back on the road next summer, here's not a terrible shout.

That being said, I think he would rather take aim at his own stadium show. Carries a little more heft and weight.

Certainly he did Finsbury Park, which at 40k+ is about a stadium sized show in London. Plus obviously playing stadium shows in Newcastle, even if that's home turf stuff given he's a Geordie boy and that was a big celebration party.

23 hours ago, charlierc said:

Was 21 at my July show, although this did include both Enterlude and Exitlude. My Own Soul's Warning remains a belter though so I was glad we got that, even if I was a little disappointed not to get The Man as that's always good fun live.

But I do ponder if a lot of the energy was expended the night before when they played the final minutes of England's win in the Euro's semi on a big screen during the show and then played the originally planned closer Mr Brightside as a big celebration song.

Perhaps. Far from implausible.

But really, you've got Mr. Brightside, All These Things That I've Done, Somebody Told Me, Read My Mind, When You Were Young, HumanRunaways, The Man and Caution that should be locks every night. (The latter two definitely aren't either.)

After that, they should just go wild. Dip into that back catalogue. Dust off Losing Touch, give a spin to Uncle Jonny, drop Believe Me Natalie, roll out Battle Born, swing from the rafters on Sleepwalker. You can still have another five or six "core" songs that simply do night on, night off - your Spaceman, your Jenny Was a Friend of Mine, your For Reasons Unknown - and still go properly hog wild.

23 hours ago, charlierc said:

Certainly he did Finsbury Park, which at 40k+ is about a stadium sized show in London. Plus obviously playing stadium shows in Newcastle, even if that's home turf stuff given he's a Geordie boy and that was a big celebration party.

Looks like The O2 anywho. I'd be surprised if there isn't a second date for that.

16 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Looks like The O2 anywho. I'd be surprised if there isn't a second date for that.

Second date? I'd expect at least 3 unless he has other stuff booked e.g. R&L or Glasto

40 minutes ago, sisco said:

His agency (or whatever it was called) has asked for him to be considered for 2025 festivals. 

Strange. You'd assume that if bookers knew he was in the market, they'd be after him anyway.

Throw in his position and place in the landscape, and it would only be headline offers from the biggest festivals they'd even entertain, I'd have assumed.

12 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Strange. You'd assume that if bookers knew he was in the market, they'd be after him anyway.

Throw in his position and place in the landscape, and it would only be headline offers from the biggest festivals they'd even entertain, I'd have assumed.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him pop up

for the overseas fests