NOS Alive 2025

Regardless of the lineup, I can't see a good reason not to head back to the festival again next year, so thought I would kick off the thread.

Headliner wise, no idea at all. Probably big rock band with at least 20 years under their belt, a big pop star (maybe Billie Eilish) then another middle aged man band (or perhaps some hip-hop star, but I think that is a lot less likely).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

Regardless of the lineup, I can't see a good reason not to head back to the festival again next year, so thought I would kick off the thread.

Headliner wise, no idea at all. Probably big rock band with at least 20 years under their belt, a big pop star (maybe Billie Eilish) then another middle aged man band (or perhaps some hip-hop star, but I think that is a lot less likely).

I believe Rock Wertcher are trying to get Billie and as they share lots of acts I can see it happening here too. 

30 minutes ago, sisco said:

I believe Rock Wertcher are trying to get Billie and as they share lots of acts I can see it happening here too. 

I think she has 3 gigs in London over Nos Alive weekend.

Hope some great names to come back too! I spent 2 days there in 2023 (RHCPQOTSAMGK), only 1 in 2024 (Dua Lipa), maybe finally 3 days in 2025!

I'd have loved to see Billie Eilish there but she plays from 10th to 17th July in London indeed. But many other acts are possible: Imagine DragonsBlink 182Olivia RodrigoThirty Seconds To MarsParamorePost Malone... but their line-up, for the Main Stage at least, are sometimes weird. We'll see in Fall with first annoucements somewhere else, chat we can really expect from our lovely Portugese 🙂

13 hours ago, Archi said:

Hope some great names to come back too! I spent 2 days there in 2023 (RHCPQOTSAMGK), only 1 in 2024 (Dua Lipa), maybe finally 3 days in 2025!

I'd have loved to see Billie Eilish there but she plays from 10th to 17th July in London indeed. But many other acts are possible: Imagine DragonsBlink 182Olivia RodrigoThirty Seconds To MarsParamorePost Malone... but their line-up, for the Main Stage at least, are sometimes weird. We'll see in Fall with first annoucements somewhere else, chat we can really expect from our lovely Portugese 🙂

I'd like to see Paramore there, they'd be a great fit for the festival I think. 

Will say I loved Lisbon when I made a trip there last October and would really want a line-up to entice me over for at least a day trip. Something like Muse with Paramore and St Vincent as subs, though I would be surprised if that happens because nearly all of my predictions are wrong.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 11:19 AM, DDave said:

Chemical Brothers should be back on the road next year, can see them at NOS again next year. Co-headliner? 

Not sure they will - one of them just has had a kid. think the drumsheds set is a one off, probably another year off live and back in 2026 i think. Could definitely be wrong though, hard to look past them doing Glasto as its been a while

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Well, we've dodge/missed out on Oasis (depending on your point of view)

In fairness I'm surprised Oasis didn't decide to do a couple of European festivals.

Though that was more for the June fests judging by what they have booked, given their occupation with July/August in the UK/Ireland.

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2024 at 9:46 PM, charlierc said:

In fairness I'm surprised Oasis didn't decide to do a couple of European festivals.

Though that was more for the June fests judging by what they have booked, given their occupation with July/August in the UK/Ireland.

Would imagine it'll roll on to 2026 for festivals. Similar to the Roses comeback albeit on a larger scale. 

8 hours ago, DDave said:

Would imagine it'll roll on to 2026 for festivals. Similar to the Roses comeback albeit on a larger scale. 

I mean if they're likely going to sell out 5 nights at Wembley with standing tickets at £150 a pop, they can practically choose what they want. Or at least think they can.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:13 AM, DDave said:

Fontaines right in the mix

FB_IMG_1722589934086.jpg

And now, 3 new dates in Italy on July

Fontaines DC will definately end in Nos Alive 

edit: oh those 3 dates are in June.  Still i believe they will be on Alive, since  the same promoteur of the festival is  bringing them in November

Edited by Tigane

39 minutes ago, Tigane said:

And now, 3 new dates in Italy on July

Fontaines DC will definately end in Nos Alive 

edit: oh those 3 dates are in June.  Still i believe they will be on Alive, since  the same promoteur of the festival is  bringing them in November

It might happen, yes, as we know that EiN likes to contract bands "own gig + Nos Alive". However, I believe that they also might end in PS Porto. I am pretty confident they will be in PS Barcelona, and would make sense to have them at Porto too (and the fact they where in PdC also shows they have connections with the band).

• Like 1