Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

NOS Alive 2025

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Be surprised if they’re not doing this and RW

Stranger things have happened.

Guess there's a question too of what GD are doing in Spain, given did 2 pretty big festivals there last summer but as well documented, don't have a great relationship with Mad Cool. I've said elsewhere I think they might do Bilbao instead of Mad Cool, but this is my opinion.

2 hours ago, just_one said:

Green day is way to big for Primavera.

Primavera are usually alternative bands , not stadium bands

I wouldn't even say they are to big. Depeche Mode and Lana del Rey aren't much smaller/cheaper I suppose, it's rather that Green Day aren't relevant enough in the current zeitgeist, at least in the eyes of a festival like Primavera. They wouldn't fit the vibe and attract a whole different audience than the usual Primavera attendees.

• Upvote 2

2025 will be my 4th visit to NOS from the UK. Intrigued to see the line line-up, it seems NOS select a lot of Artists from the US and Australia. Would love to see Temper Trap and Tame Impaler! Tickets should be out soon, so will be buying a 3 day pass regardless of the line up, although we did skip Dua Lipa this year, but still worth the price to see Pearl Jam!

Edited by Vanbang
spelling

On 10/22/2024 at 11:51 AM, MrTobs said:

I wouldn't even say they are to big. Depeche Mode and Lana del Rey aren't much smaller/cheaper I suppose, it's rather that Green Day aren't relevant enough in the current zeitgeist, at least in the eyes of a festival like Primavera. They wouldn't fit the vibe and attract a whole different audience than the usual Primavera attendees.

Yeah it's about audience relevance. Arctic Monkeys are a big stadium act too, along with Depeche Mode and possibly LDR, but clearly their crossover with a Primavera audience is stronger than someone like Green Day.

I'd love Depeche Mode to be there. For a while in the 2010s they seemed to play every year we decided not to go to the festival. 

Even though it's unlikely, Green Day and DM would be a superb pair of headliners for me. 

Who knows. Having checked I bought tickets on 27th October last year so hopefully not too long to wait. 

44 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I'd love Depeche Mode to be there. For a while in the 2010s they seemed to play every year we decided not to go to the festival. 

Even though it's unlikely, Green Day and DM would be a superb pair of headliners for me. 

Who knows. Having checked I bought tickets on 27th October last year so hopefully not too long to wait. 

Yep, we got our tickets on 27th last year, so it can't be too much longer.

We've tickets for Iron Maiden on 6th in Lisbon, so the Nos line up is a free hit as far as I'm concerned, there's always enough variety for 3 great nights 

9 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

I think DM aren't on the road this year tbf.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2024 at 11:51 AM, MrTobs said:

I like how we were talking about what the vibe was for Primavera then they book Charli XCX, Sabrina Carpenter and Chappell Roan. Nothing wrong with that but is it usually this pop-heavy for headliners?

37 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I like how we were talking about what the vibe was for Primavera then they book Charli XCX, Sabrina Carpenter and Chappell Roan. Nothing wrong with that but is it usually this pop-heavy for headliners?

Not that pop heavy no, but last year two of three headliners were Lana del Rey and SZA, so it's not completely unexpected. And the audience of those acts is more in line with the rest of the vibe. Although I have some doubts about Sabrina Carpenter being a right fit, we'll have to see about that. She is definetly an act of the moment, which is something Primavera tries to represent more than most other festivals do. It is usually more balanced with bigger acts from other genres/times though. The undercard is as diverse and amazing as always imo.

21 hours ago, MrTobs said:

Not that pop heavy no, but last year two of three headliners were Lana del Rey and SZA, so it's not completely unexpected. And the audience of those acts is more in line with the rest of the vibe. Although I have some doubts about Sabrina Carpenter being a right fit, we'll have to see about that. She is definetly an act of the moment, which is something Primavera tries to represent more than most other festivals do. It is usually more balanced with bigger acts from other genres/times though. The undercard is as diverse and amazing as always imo.

Clearly I misremembred what their line-up was like in the year just gone then. And yeah I did clock that beyond the headliners there was still a decent range of genres and styles to play with, so I'm not kidding myself that it's all oriented around those three.