Moovin Festival

kk1977

On 8/5/2024 at 7:55 PM, kk1977 said:

Has anyone been to Moovin Festival before or planning on going this year?  Any opinions on it?

Yeah been a few times and likely going at least one day this year. It's a tiny (as in, seriously tiny) but excellent festival. Location is great, a really picturesque country park on the outskirts of Stockport. Really lovely 20-30 minute walk to the entrance (shuttle bus an option) along a river and past a weir, then once you're there you can walk from one end to the other in 5-10 minutes.

Main stage is mostly inside a barn with a big bar at the back, so it's sheltered should it rain (front section is uncovered). Pretty sure all the other venues are different sizes of tent so also sheltered, with the exception of one (maybe Mini Moo?) which only has a bit of an awning at the front. Beer around the £6 a pint mark and usually sourced from local breweries, although they do operate a slightly annoying token system for payment (think this applies to food as well although I can't really remember).

Line up is never really full of big names (or even really names at all) outside of the top few lines, but in my experience they do a great job of picking acts that are just great fun to dance to. I'm hoping they've managed the same this year, they've got festival favourites like OMG It's the Church in there too.

So yeah, overall it's great and I'd highly recommend it, as long as you're prepared for something extremely small, but close to perfectly formed. Happy to try and answer any questions if you've got any.

• Thanks 1