Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

Firstly we need a sale date ? oct ? Nov ? any reason it might go back to oct ? lets hope for no registration renewal issues that delay the sale this time . will the holes be patched so the sale cant be bypassed like it seemed they were in the resale 

It's going to be easy to get tickets for next year due to this years shite line up.  That's what everyone said when the line up dropped anyway isn't it? We shall see!

Personally, I'm pretty much guaranteed my ticket but I'm fully invested in the ticket sale due to friends who missed out last year (and some that didn't) and we'd quite like a full house before the fallow year. 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's going to be easy to get tickets for next year due to this years shite line up.  That's what everyone said when the line up dropped anyway isn't it? We shall see!

Personally, I'm pretty much guaranteed my ticket but I'm fully invested in the ticket sale due to friends who missed out last year (and some that didn't) and we'd quite like a full house before the fallow year. 

Some will drop out due to lineup but probably similar to numbers that drop out due to lineup every year . They will be replaced by others . The fallow year might make some try that were going to give it up this year as they will see it as a natural break . Sure it’ll be challenging as ever . Although I don’t believe demand will go on indefinitely they are riding the crest of a wave at the moment 

Before worrying about tips and tricks and the like, I'm waiting for confirmation (or at least, a strong indication) that they're going to be using the same system as previously.

Currently it all looks the same from the outside, but with See being bought out by eventim earlier this year, there's still plenty of scope for things to change between now and Oct/Nov.

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Some will drop out due to lineup but probably similar to numbers that drop out due to lineup every year . They will be replaced by others . The fallow year might make some try that were going to give it up this year as they will see it as a natural break . Sure it’ll be challenging as ever . Although I don’t believe demand will go on indefinitely they are riding the crest of a wave at the moment 

It's quite obviously our best and most popular festival in the land with nothing coming up behind it to steal it's crown so I think ticket demand will remain as high as it is and GFL is safe for another decade at least. 

1 minute ago, incident said:

Before worrying about tips and tricks and the like, I'm waiting for confirmation (or at least, a strong indication) that they're going to be using the same system as previously.

Currently it all looks the same from the outside, but with See being bought out by eventim earlier this year, there's still plenty of scope for things to change between now and Oct/Nov.

Oh hadn’t thought about that … At what point do you think you’ll be happy we’ve got the same 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Oh hadn’t thought about that … At what point do you think you’ll be happy we’ve got the same 

When GFL announce details - sale date etc, and there's no obvious changes.

1 minute ago, incident said:

When GFL announce details - sale date etc, and there's no obvious changes.

Registration for chance to buy tickets is still open on seetickets.com but I believe the data controller is GFL and See are just a processor so that may not mean anything. 

I'd have a guess that any major changes will happen over the fallow though. 

31 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's quite obviously our best and most popular festival in the land with nothing coming up behind it to steal it's crown so I think ticket demand will remain as high as it is and GFL is safe for another decade at least. 

Yes, there will be lots of FOMO ticketbuyers, especially among the element that wants to party and do drugs all fest regardless of the lineup. 

26 minutes ago, stuie said:

Registration for chance to buy tickets is still open on seetickets.com but I believe the data controller is GFL and See are just a processor so that may not mean anything. 

I'd have a guess that any major changes will happen over the fallow though. 

The registration database is quite simplistic, so registrations remaining open may not tell us a lot. It wouldn't be that difficult to directly import it into something new, or for a replacement system to be configured to access the database as is.

But yeah my current guess is that fallow year is more likely for major changes given the lack of visible changes to date (not just on the Glastonbury platform, but across See hosted sites generally). The longer gap giving them more time to build from the ground up certainly helps as well.

That is just a guess though, which is why I'm holding fire at the moment.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

It will be as hard as it is every year, which is to say loads more people will try than there are tickets for.  plenty of us on here will get tickets and plenty won't.

I'm nervous about whether the current system changes following the purchase. Hopefully it stays the same.  

On 8/8/2024 at 4:04 PM, incident said:

I'm sure I watched/listened to an interview with Emily this year and she said that they are sticking with the current system for ticket sales (interviewer asked a question about it).

Regarding ticket sale I dont think theyll change it. Dont know why Eventim would think about doing such a thing right now when they will have a lot more time during the fallow to sort it out. And with that my first glasto was a pre fallow year so lets keep that going with 2025!

On 8/8/2024 at 4:04 PM, stuie said:

Without a shadow of a doubt

it has no serious competitors in the uk in terms of large scale events

everything else good in (camping) festival land is small and boutique and cant attract the bigger names. 

In the late 00s and early 2010s Bestival was a genuine competitor and rival. Glasto hasnt really had one since its demise. So about a decade! 

Edited by Memory Man