Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, incident said:

I would assume that for the (tens of?) thousands that (anecdotally) left site on Sunday evening, because they didn't fancy any of the options that night, the lineup will make a difference. When you've dropped near 400 quid on a ticket, that's going to leave a sour taste.

While I agree that one years poor lineup won't make a difference to demand, and that this year will sell out just as easily as usual, the situation could change quicker than people think. A couple more like that and they'll be struggling (though of course, I don't expect a couple more like that).

And the pyramid headliners are the thing that the news coverage picks up on and will be the thing that new people to the festival / festivals will see and will make the decision on . 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

And the pyramid headliners are the thing that the news coverage picks up on and will be the thing that new people to the festival / festivals will see and will make the decision on . 

some new people, yes.

Glastonbury’s appeal is much more than just the headliners - more people try it because its the daddy, I’m sure. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

some new people, yes.

Glastonbury’s appeal is much more than just the headliners - more people try it because its the daddy, I’m sure. 

Correct. It sells out every year before the line up is announced.

On 8/11/2024 at 6:29 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I went to a few Bestivals when it was on the Isle of Wight. Had a ball at every one of them. It had its own enchantment which made it stand out, and it was easily as enjoyable as Glastonbury during those years. I won tickets to go to it's mainland incarnation one year. My wife and I left after the first night rather than take the pain of being at a festival that just didn't work. It really was chronic compared to the IOW one's. 

Couldn't agree more. Bestival on the isle of Wight was so good, in its own small way it was similar to Glastonbury. The year it was in Dorset reminded me of a funfair. Awful.

As for why it failed on the isle of Wight, as someone who went to numerous iow and bestivals the ferry companies took the piss. Our car / van tickets went from under £100 to around £250 in a few years. I'm surprised the iow festival is still going when you factor in that a campervan field ticket was £250 on top of your general ticket a few years ago, and I can't imagine that's come down.

Edited by km9
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, km9 said:

Couldn't agree more. Bestival on the isle of Wight was so good, in its own small way it was similar to Glastonbury. The year it was in Dorset reminded me of a funfair. Awful.

As for why it failed on the isle of Wight, as someone who went to numerous iow and bestivals the ferry companies took the piss. Our car / van tickets went from under £100 to around £250 in a few years. I'm surprised the iow festival is still going when you factor in that a campervan field ticket was £250 on top of your general ticket a few years ago, and I can't imagine that's come down.

Thanks for that insight km9. I suspect that the ferry company pissed off a lot of islanders with that kind of price hike. That must have massacred trade for others on the island.  Do you know if that price hike was just during festival(s) period? 

For my own part, I asked my mates about their views on when I was last there, and its demise (Bestival) and I got this (see below). It includes the original question to them;

Bill / Faz / Rob - I don't suppose you know what the last year that I attended Bestival was? It was the year that you (Bill) I think drove Tom to the site, and I drove him and Rob home to Birmingham.

The year that Stell and Kev started awooing. Kev?

I remember little as Tom gave me some powder that made me turn Albanian - something like A2563/23A9£&### I seem to remember. X

It was the year I turned bad. My comedy went first. Bill noticed but we agreed it was probably best left alone. 2011 maybe?

Bestival went bad after.

Loads of oiks started going. It goy sold and got too big x

Rob da bank sold it to the Americans. Immediately, it turned into a war zone. Amazing how the, "Americans", do that!

Oh and a load of racist c**ts were unearthed.

Make of that what you will.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for that insight km9. I suspect that the ferry company pissed off a lot of islanders with that kind of price hike. That must have massacred trade for others on the island.  Do you know if that price hike was just during festival(s) period? 

For my own part, I asked my mates about their views on when I was last there, and its demise (Bestival) and I got this (see below). It includes the original question to them;

Bill / Faz / Rob - I don't suppose you know what the last year that I attended Bestival was? It was the year that you (Bill) I think drove Tom to the site, and I drove him and Rob home to Birmingham.

The year that Stell and Kev started awooing. Kev?

I remember little as Tom gave me some powder that made me turn Albanian - something like A2563/23A9£&### I seem to remember. X

It was the year I turned bad. My comedy went first. Bill noticed but we agreed it was probably best left alone. 2011 maybe?

Bestival went bad after.

Loads of oiks started going. It goy sold and got too big x

Rob da bank sold it to the Americans. Immediately, it turned into a war zone. Amazing how the, "Americans", do that!

Oh and a load of racist c**ts were unearthed.

Make of that what you will.

Wow

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I understand, as it interested me too. I did ask my mate (who is gay) what 'gay sold' meant, but didn't get an answer.

He said it 'got sold', definitely not 'gay sold' 😂

Your mates sound great, I bet they're a lot of fun 🍻

• Upvote 1

Well me and my gang will be trying again this year. As we have done for over 20 years. 

We only use our group and it always seems to be 1 person out of the 20 of us who gets the tickets. I’m wondering if it’s worth joining the ticket groups set up on here this year? 

What’s your guys experience of doing this if you’ve done it. 

2 hours ago, Franky said:

Well me and my gang will be trying again this year. As we have done for over 20 years. 

We only use our group and it always seems to be 1 person out of the 20 of us who gets the tickets. I’m wondering if it’s worth joining the ticket groups set up on here this year? 

What’s your guys experience of doing this if you’ve done it. 

Rechecks post for mention of KLF

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

You’d be justified but not ancient doing that 

after all the pyramid field is Moo Moo land most of the year😉😊

Rolled my eyes at the first line 

Actual lol’d at the second 😂😂

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2024 at 8:15 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just during the festivals - it does go up during summer too though in general

It works similar to airlines - IOW weekend is definitely the most crazy by a long way with generally higher prices during summer holidays etc

We went in 2019 and it was cheaper to get a hovercraft over (there were only 2 of us to be fair). Was very fun!!

Edited by gfa

45 minutes ago, gfa said:

Just during the festivals - it does go up during summer too though in general

It works similar to airlines - IOW weekend is definitely the most crazy by a long way with generally higher prices during summer holidays etc

We went in 2019 and it was cheaper to get a hovercraft over (there were only 2 of us to be fair). Was very fun!!

I used to really like the ferry part of going to Bestival - both there and back. On the way there it was a welcome break from driving - albeit a short one. On the way back I was always delighted at how the festival went, so getting a ferry was a breeze. It was the drive after the ferry on the way back home that was a burden.

One year (on the way to the festival) we got off the ferry and someone in the car (probably a lad called Rob) said firmly something along the lines of 'don't follow the indicated route by the festival. Trust me I'll guide us through a short cut'. I did decide to trust him with directions, even though I knew (as did everyone in the car) that he didn't know a short cut. Fortunately he did just that. We cut out swathes of driving and miraculously arrived at the head of the queue just as you enter the site. Friends we had been on the phone with were actually initially in front of us. However, they took the official route and arrived at least a couple of hours after us, owing to the queue to get in.