Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

17 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Should that be the correct address for 2025 coach sale, would that give you an advantage come ticket day?

I'm reasonably certain that will be the URL for the landing page where you can then select either Wednesday or Thursday departures.  The URL's for each of those days are likely to be as follows:-

Weds - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2025-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/4500012

Thurs - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2025-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/4500013

There is conflicting opinion on whether there is any advantage in hitting these URL's directly at sale start time rather than using the traditional landing page of https://glastonbury.seetickets.com, as this will itself automatically redirect to the 'choice' page in previous post.  There could be some advantage in going direct to one or other of the day URL's above (assuming them to be correct...) but only in that it avoids a couple of redirects and the time taken to do that.  Even with that the biggest hurdle of actually grabbing a free session still remains.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

I'm reasonably certain that will be the URL for the landing page where you can then select either Wednesday or Thursday departures.  The URL's for each of those days are likely to be as follows:-

Weds - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2025-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/4500012

Thurs - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2025-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/4500013

There is conflicting opinion on whether there is any advantage in hitting these URL's directly at sale start time rather than using the traditional landing page of https://glastonbury.seetickets.com, as this will itself automatically redirect to the 'choice' page in previous post.  There could be some advantage in going direct to one or other of the day URL's above (assuming them to be correct...) but only in that it avoids a couple of redirects and the time taken to do that.  Even with that the biggest hurdle of actually grabbing a free session still remains.

If it helps, for Oasis I targeted the event page for the date I wanted and it helped me get through for friends twice. Difference is we knew those URLs for definite beforehand!

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

If it helps, for Oasis I targeted the event page for the date I wanted and it helped me get through for friends twice. Difference is we knew those URLs for definite beforehand!

Wish you'd said this for the US sales! Might have stopped me heading over ticketless 😅🥲

I've not been successful yet after trying 3 festivals on the bounce, every time I've tried I have been under the impression that the vast majority of tickets go at the coach sale...

Is this completely wrong, are they both equal? or should I be focusing more on one than the other?

Every coach sale I've had everyone trying and F5 getting hit once the timer drops to 17s, but for the general I've been out and logged on with my phone and just let the queue refresh every 20 seconds (even though it would be way more cost effective for us to get the ticket without the coach)

In short, what sale should I put the effort into and does it even matter at all🫣

12 minutes ago, JayA5 said:

I've not been successful yet after trying 3 festivals on the bounce, every time I've tried I have been under the impression that the vast majority of tickets go at the coach sale...

Is this completely wrong, are they both equal? or should I be focusing more on one than the other?

Last year, it was approx 22,000 tickets in the coach sale and 113,000 in the main sale.

Focus on both, if you're trying for both, but only try for coach if you're actually wanting to take a coach.

13 minutes ago, JayA5 said:

Every coach sale I've had everyone trying and F5 getting hit once the timer drops to 17s, but for the general I've been out and logged on with my phone and just let the queue refresh every 20 seconds (even though it would be way more cost effective for us to get the ticket without the coach)

In short, what sale should I put the effort into and does it even matter at all🫣

Coach packages represent about 30000 tickets, or have done in recent years. The main sale is around 140000 (ish??) So if you are happy to get a coach (from a nearby city) then it's worth trying that sale first but you HAVE to get the coach from your departure city on Wed/Thurs (as booked) as tickets are only given out once onboard. 

I might be a little out with those approx figures but it's in that ballpark.  Bear in mind both sales are very difficult to be successful in as so many more people are trying than there are tickets available. In recent years more and more people are trying the coach sale as another chance for tickets so it's just as difficult these days!

Just now, ilovelanegan said:

Coach packages represent about 30000 tickets, or have done in recent years. The main sale is around 140000 (ish??) So if you are happy to get a coach (from a nearby city) then it's worth trying that sale first but you HAVE to get the coach from your departure city on Wed/Thurs (as booked) as tickets are only given out once onboard. 

I might be a little out with those approx figures but it's in that ballpark.  Bear in mind both sales are very difficult to be successful in as so many more people are trying than there are tickets available. In recent years more and more people are trying the coach sale as another chance for tickets so it's just as difficult these days!

Ha - Incident has just covered this a lot more succinctly and accurately than I managed 🤣

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Last year, it was approx 22,000 tickets in the coach sale and 113,000 in the main sale.

Focus on both, if you're trying for both, but only try for coach if you're actually wanting to take a coach.

3 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

Appreciate the answer on this, cheers!

Think I might reverse my logic for this year then and go all out for general sale but still keep an eye on the coach sale...

Past few years I've been open to forcing myself on the coach, but the group I'm trying for this year has people in different cities so going to be unfair making half travel to the 1 pick up / drop off city you can select.

Helpful info tho, will bare it in mind :)