Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

8 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

How did it work with multiple tabs open?  Similar to Ticketmaster in that you can only have 1? 

Multiple tabs get the same queue id different browsers will get a different id. The queue is to the sub site not to the event, so once you are in you can get into the other events for that sub site. Its looks to be using queue-it so a 3rd party system. 

Its still mentioning 20 seconds on here https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/info/#tickets--how-to-book

But we have to assume a queue will be in for the future, they get a lot of bad press around the ticketing system. Based on things I'm reading recently, people are saying the companies aren't fit for purpose, so they'll want to change something.

That said, for normal gigs I think there's even less chance of getting in if there's a queuing system, at least when there are quirks it gives a bit more of a chance. But that's from the perspective of someone who is obsessive over this stuff, for me the only thing that matters is usually to get the tickets in the end however long it takes. For most people, they want to know as quickly as possible so they can get back to their lives. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

@incident given the Sam fender queue on see what do you think the chances of it being used for Glastonbury sale are now ? 

It's the tech I was referring to, so no surprise to see it in action today. I don't have any proper insight on whether they'll push the button for Glastonbury or not, but my gut feeling would be that they do - just on the basis that if you're spending good money on a new queue / capacity management system to (on paper at least) protect your servers and keep everything running smoothly, then it would make no sense to leave it turned off during one of the most demanding sale windows of the year.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2024 at 8:08 AM, Scrump said:

I'm sure you're aware but the coach and general sales are on different days. Your first post was just reading like you thought they were on the same day, so apologies if I'm reading it wrong.

Oh and also, scrap this whole "wait for the page to refresh automatically" business. F5 is your friend. There are good Reddit posts and tips here about how to maximise your chances. I'd recommend reading up.

Good luck man.

ah yeah I wasn't great in wording it but I'm aware, just usually given up by the time general sale has come along😅

Will definitely be making friends with my F5 key this year...

6 minutes ago, incident said:

It's the tech I was referring to, so no surprise to see it in action today. I don't have any proper insight on whether they'll push the button for Glastonbury or not, but my gut feeling would be that they do - just on the basis that if you're spending good money on a new queue / capacity management system to (on paper at least) protect your servers and keep everything running smoothly, then it would make no sense to leave it turned off during one of the most demanding sale windows of the year.

It is probably the fairest way to do it, even if it pretty much permanently removes the idea of the same people going every year, so impacts us on here!  Though I'm guessing that's actually the plan. 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so essentially a ballot that Emily has previously spoken about not wanting to do  ? although there may still be ways to improve chances with numbers 

At least with this you still have to be on at a certain time, and I guess the difference from the screenshot I saw is that See didn't seem to tell you the number, so you have to stick it out before you know whether you've got them, whereas with Ticketmaster you see there are 400,000 people in front of you and just give up. A ballot would just be filling in a form so its a bit better than that for me.

Like you say, numbers are the important thing. If one of the six get in the first 20-30,000, you're sorted. 

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

At least with this you still have to be on at a certain time, and I guess the difference from the screenshot I saw is that See didn't seem to tell you the number, so you have to stick it out before you know whether you've got them, whereas with Ticketmaster you see there are 400,000 people in front of you and just give up. A ballot would just be filling in a form so its a bit better than that for me.

Like you say, numbers are the important thing. If one of the six get in the first 20-30,000, you're sorted. 

There may be a way to inspect the page source for actual queue position and wait time....I'll try it on Friday for the main Fender sale.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its still mentioning 20 seconds on here https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/info/#tickets--how-to-book

But we have to assume a queue will be in for the future, they get a lot of bad press around the ticketing system. Based on things I'm reading recently, people are saying the companies aren't fit for purpose, so they'll want to change something.

That said, for normal gigs I think there's even less chance of getting in if there's a queuing system, at least when there are quirks it gives a bit more of a chance. But that's from the perspective of someone who is obsessive over this stuff, for me the only thing that matters is usually to get the tickets in the end however long it takes. For most people, they want to know as quickly as possible so they can get back to their lives. 

The overriding message from the (bad) press they get about ticket sales is that the event is incredibly in demand, which isn't bad press from an event perspective! 

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It is probably the fairest way to do it, even if it pretty much permanently removes the idea of the same people going every year, so impacts us on here!  Though I'm guessing that's actually the plan. 

I doubt that's the plan.  I know the festival bangs on about being fair but the reality is, if there are really 1m + people trying for tickets, a high percentage of attendees would be first times each year.  That amount of people with no clue of the layout and where's good to go would be an absolute nightmare from a crowd control perspective putting extra pressure on services, stewards, security, campsite hubs etc. 

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Bus Sale is going to be interesting .... I suggested on our watts app that See may give you a place number in queue to remove some of the numbers trying as several will drop out 

28 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I got the familiar 'busy' page a couple of times while trying to join the Fender queue so having it mentioned in the ticket blurb doesn't mean they're not going with queuing.  It just means the rate limiting that fires that page is in front of the queuing process.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

anyone with half a brain can work out a rough way about within hours of being there- there is a map and signs everywhere and limited ways to get from A to B

I still get lost ... although that might be more disorientation at times tbh 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

anyone with half a brain can work out a rough way about within hours of being there- there is a map and signs everywhere and limited ways to get from A to B

Not just that, but the knowledge of what's where and where to go for what kind of things etc.  But even if you're right, those first few hours with 150K brand new people would be carnage.

The difference between people exploring the place for the first time and moving around a place they know is massive, which is why changes to the layout each year are small and considered. 

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

There may be a way to inspect the page source for actual queue position and wait time....I'll try it on Friday for the main Fender sale.

That would be very helpful, might jump on myself for a practice (if I got through it would settle the debate over whether to go to his gigs or not too!!)

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

A queue does not guarantee the smooth running of the sales process. Look at the Oasis sale!

If it runs anything like that then dedicated people will still be at an advantage. 

That is true actually, if the site just crashes then it'll be a while til it's back up 

19 minutes ago, stuie said:

Not just that, but the knowledge of what's where and where to go for what kind of things etc.  But even if you're right, those first few hours with 150K brand new people would be carnage.

The difference between people exploring the place for the first time and moving around a place they know is massive, which is why changes to the layout each year are small and considered. 

Yeah fair enough, safety is paramount with crowds this big

I need to change my photo, should I just resubmit my registration? I had long hair and a big beard last year now I look (in the worlds of my old mum) 'more professional'.

If anyone knows a way to edit, i would prefer to do that with the superstition that the same registration will help me get tickets 2x years in a row.

40 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I got the familiar 'busy' page a couple of times while trying to join the Fender queue so having it mentioned in the ticket blurb doesn't mean they're not going with queuing.  It just means the rate limiting that fires that page is in front of the queuing process.

Did you get to see what the url or domain name is for the queue system?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I need to change my photo, should I just resubmit my registration? I had long hair and a big beard last year now I look (in the worlds of my old mum) 'more professional'.

If anyone knows a way to edit, i would prefer to do that with the superstition that the same registration will help me get tickets 2x years in a row.

If you use the lookup function for your registration, then you'll be able to edit the photo and keep the same registration. 

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

You don't need to edit it really - when we check your photo on the gate, we won't be looking at your beard as much as your non-changeable features and we understand people get more 'professional' as they get older! 😄 

Just now, stuie said:

If you use the lookup function for your registration, then you'll be able to edit the photo and keep the same registration. 

You don't need to edit it really - when we check your photo on the gate, we won't be looking at your beard as much as your non-changeable features and we understand people get more 'professional' as they get older! 😄 

Thank you so much! I would love to do a form of volunteering (already signed up with water aid etc.) Who manages the gates? Ive worked at like 10 different festivals before (volunteering and not) but couldn't work it out!

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

My personal view is that this is not the best approach - especially the closer you get close to a sale when they'll temporarily close new registrations.

I'm not 100% certain that it still works this way, as I haven't seen it reconfirmed for a while, but it was definitely like this a couple years ago - basically if you update an existing registration but the new photo is rejected, then the entire registration is deleted. It doesn't revert back to the old photo.. So it's possible to end up with no registration and no time to get one.

Submitting a new registration is the better play, as even if the photo gets rejected the old registration is still in place and usable.