Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

image.png.302d49366e6c1c8e156afd82ee8836a6.png

And this message system is how we'll find out we missed out...

Two people easily got through on Ticketmaster for this one btw, to the point we had to coordinate to make sure we didn't buy too many! See are a lot slower at processing bookings than Ticketmaster I'm guessing

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, Pipine said:

This sucks… you feel so helpless to affect anything, it’s essentially a ballot situation.   I guess it levels the playing field massively. 

To give some perspective, two of ours got in on Ticketmaster quickly and one on See just now, and I wasn't even halfway down the queue on either at those times.  I know for sure I was on first for both Ticketmaster and See, by about 5 minutes.

Only need one to get a good spot, and then 5 others drop out if it's not a massive group of multiple teams 

Being on first before it goes live doesn’t have any bearing on queue position though? Everyone queuing gets a random place in the queue allotted. 

I was in the waiting space for the sale on see 3 mins before, still queuing now.. 

9 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Being on first before it goes live doesn’t have any bearing on queue position though? Everyone queuing gets a random place in the queue allotted. 

I was in the waiting space for the sale on see 3 mins before, still queuing now.. 

That's what I mean, that's a good thing, people with me still got through and got us tickets

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

the little man walks across the screen. Very slowly

Progress yes, but it's like how long is a piece of string...are there 500, 5,000, 50,000 or 500,000 people ahead of you? TM indicates where you are in the queue by number (so you can decide whether it's even worth watching it for hours). It'd be pretty brutal come T'Day if it did though. Imagine having everything ready to go, F5 finger limbered up and twitching to get started and then clock turns 9.00 and you get randomly allocated number 500,000. Game over after 1 second! Don't think this system changes the fact that the more people you have trying for you, the better chance you have (basically buying more tickets to the lottery), but maybe it'll stop all the crashes at the point of actually making the purchase (which has been incredibly frustrating over the last while). 

38 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

and unlike TM, no indication of where you are in the queue!

Queue position isn't even shown in the page source....the relevant field is set to 'Null'.

We have the little guy going for a stroll, and that's it.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Queue position isn't even shown in the page source....the relevant field is set to 'Null'.

We have the little guy going for a stroll, and that's it.

What do you rate the chances of them using the wee yellow man queue for the glasto sale?

A QueueID can be shared to someone else though.....so if someone in your group gets through and sorts the tickets a 'spare' decent QueueID could then be passed to someone else in another group to effectively bump them up if their walking guy is way back.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

What do you rate the chances of them using the wee yellow man queue for the glasto sale?

Unknown I guess, but if it was me I'd want to test the planned change in a live scenario....so it could be the same for the G sale...

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

A QueueID can be shared to someone else though.....so if someone in your group gets through and sorts the tickets a 'spare' decent QueueID could then be passed to someone else in another group to effectively bump them up if their walking guy is way back.

The principle is valid.

But personally I'd much rather get their details and put them in myself, rather than risk something f**king up, and losing a spot by transferring the queue.

Part of me is wondering if they have this queue system because other companies have also got a queue system, so it makes buying tickets accross all platforms the same. 

As See is exclusively selling Glastonbury tickets I wonder if they see the need to bother with a queue system as no one else is out there selling them a different way. 

I hope that makes as much sense as it does in my head! 

Surely not gonna do a queue for Glastonbury after the Oasis one. There were people still trying and getting them late in the afternoon. You'll be spending your full day going insane trying for tickets. Would rather lose hope after an hour and a bit and then have the rest of my Sunday.

1 minute ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Surely not gonna do a queue for Glastonbury after the Oasis one. There were people still trying and getting them late in the afternoon. You'll be spending your full day going insane trying for tickets. Would rather lose hope after an hour and a bit and then have the rest of my Sunday.

They didn't do a queue for the Oasis one.

It's quite possible that the Oasis sale was what caused them to re-evaluate how their systems work, and they added this as a direct result.

9 minutes ago, incident said:

The principle is valid.

But personally I'd much rather get their details and put them in myself, rather than risk something f**king up, and losing a spot by transferring the queue.

Agreed.  If you've got a circle of trust then that's the way to go for def.

9 minutes ago, Robjbrear said:

Part of me is wondering if they have this queue system because other companies have also got a queue system, so it makes buying tickets accross all platforms the same. 

As See is exclusively selling Glastonbury tickets I wonder if they see the need to bother with a queue system as no one else is out there selling them a different way. 

I can see where you're going, but as a punter I'd rather use a site with no queuing in place so that I at least have control over refreshing etc.  If it's therefore been deployed to streamline the process and/or protect systems from demand then it's very likely they'd use it for the Glastonbury sale.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Personally I think the GF sale will be exactly the same as it has been for years. No queues like these other gigs etc.

It works, it gives everyone as equal a chance as possible so why waste time and money changing it.

It appears that, regardless of whether they turn it on for Glastonbury or not, they've already spent (most of) the money and invested (most of) the time they'd need to change it.

1 hour ago, Robjbrear said:

Previously there was a HUGE advantage to using See for sales below Oasis/Coldplay levels, surprising numbers of people wouldn't think to use it, and it was fastest finger first so just refresh from 8.58 and be quick selecting a number and clicking through. Then there was also the tickets dropping back in as payments failed etc (that did still happen once you got through the queue, and perhaps even more of an advantage now with less doing the same as there are less on the site) 

So yes it does make it a bit more even now. Annoyingly.

55 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Agreed.  If you've got a circle of trust then that's the way to go for def.

That's the real answer as to why there are so many Scousers in there. More than other places they have huge groups of friends and acquaintances, so just join like 20 groups together. Then you need only 20 to get through for 120 tickets