Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

I can see where you're going, but as a punter I'd rather use a site with no queuing in place so that I at least have control over refreshing etc.  If it's therefore been deployed to streamline the process and/or protect systems from demand then it's very likely they'd use it for the Glastonbury sale.

Possibly, but EE did say a few months back that the festival discussed balloting but ditched it because it didn't seem fair on the people who really really (I think she used really 3 times actually) want to go and would pull out all the stops versus randomers who have half a care who just chance their luck on T-day.  The impression given was that they very much want it to be the people who are desparate to be there that are most likely to be successful.  The queue system doesn't seem to fit that thinking to my mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, merago said:

Possibly, but EE did say a few months back that the festival discussed balloting but ditched it because it didn't seem fair on the people who really really (I think she used really 3 times actually) want to go and would pull out all the stops versus randomers who have half a care who just chance their luck on T-day.  The impression given was that they very much want it to be the people who are desparate to be there that are most likely to be successful.  The queue system doesn't seem to fit that thinking to my mind.

I'd assume that See would want it switched on, whereas (as per Emily's interview) the festival wouldn't. 

So I guess a case of who blinks first.

2 minutes ago, merago said:

I guess it depends how long the queue lasts. Those who were still going at like 11-12 and got Oasis tickets before dynamic pricing came in, and then if they hadn't put dynamic pricing in those that carried on til 2-3 can definitely be put under the "desperate to be there" category. Could just run it for a few hours, letting people in slowly...

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I guess it depends how long the queue lasts. Those who were still going at like 11-12 and got Oasis tickets before dynamic pricing came in, and then if they hadn't put dynamic pricing in those that carried on til 2-3 can definitely be put under the "desperate to be there" category. Could just run it for a few hours, letting people in slowly...

That's true - could make it a war of attrition.  I don't actually mind that idea if true.

Edited by merago

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If it's solely being deployed to protect end systems from over-demand then, given the demand for Glastonbury tickets, I'd guess it would be there until sell-out.

I mean more how many you allow through at once. Could easily make it last hours, or make it the quickest sell out ever. They can put the limits on

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I mean more how many you allow through at once. Could easily make it last hours, or make it the quickest sell out ever. They can put the limits on

Although they've been able to do that with existing load-balancing and concurrent session limits for some time.

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

True but the site crashes for some people, where they just get the white screen, so guessing the queue SHOULD stabilise that situation. 

Yep, this year was the first year I actually managed to get my own ticket for a good while having had it fail at that point for multiple years. And even at that, this year I still had to go back a forth a few times to get the payment through. If I'd refreshed, I'd have been back to the holding page. Whatever about TM queues and gouging us with fees and dynamic pricing, once you are actually through to make a purchase, it's usually relatively stress free with a timer at each step so less need to be fumbling with shaking hands for credit card numbers etc! (not saying I'd prefer to buy them from TM though!). 

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yep, this year was the first year I actually managed to get my own ticket for a good while having had it fail at that point for multiple years. And even at that, this year I still had to go back a forth a few times to get the payment through. If I'd refreshed, I'd have been back to the holding page. Whatever about TM queues and gouging us with fees and dynamic pricing, once you are actually through to make a purchase, it's usually relatively stress free with a timer at each step so less need to be fumbling with shaking hands for credit card numbers etc! (not saying I'd prefer to buy them from TM though!). 

Yeah I was very grateful for that timer on the Oasis pre sale as I had the shaking hands and fumbling even though I knew we were pretty much guaranteed being 5,000 in the queue!

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Personally I think the GF sale will be exactly the same as it has been for years. No queues like these other gigs etc.

It works, it gives everyone as equal a chance as possible so why waste time and money changing it.

I'd argue a randomly allocated queue system is a fairer system than the previous system which is exploited by the F5 refreshers. We all know there are ways and means of enhancing your chances under the existing system.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Who wants a fair system?  I'd rather one where folk who're prepped and diligent have a marginal advantage. 

exactly. And don't get me started on ballot requesters!! I do think the queue would break the same way it did for Oasis and the dedicated would still have an advantage

21 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

which is exploited by the F5 refreshers.

how is that exploiting anything? nothing says you're meant to let the 20 sec timer run it just says it will auto refresh after this time. 

5 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

the system that also rewards group members for not even trying or doing anything ? 

Does it? Really?

From my perspective those people are dead weight, bringing down the chances for their entire group.

My group generally has had a lot of success, and at least part of that has been actively trying to make sure that everyone is organised and pulling in the same direction. There's not been enough room to carry those that can't be arsed.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I'd argue a randomly allocated queue system is a fairer system than the previous system which is exploited by the F5 refreshers. We all know there WERE ways and means of enhancing your chances under the existing system.

Corrected that for you.

I knew the day would eventually come when the See site changed.

T Day was always stressful but our group had a tried and tested system which has never seen us fail to get tickets.

Obviously IF this queue gets applied it's a complete game changer, and everything we knew and relied upon is in the bin.

Also, I knew all the foibles of the See website which helped me get tickets to many "big bands in small venues" events. Hopefully the queue is only going to be used for the huge events and not for regular stuff.

2 hours ago, briddj said:

I knew the day would eventually come when the See site changed.

T Day was always stressful but our group had a tried and tested system which has never seen us fail to get tickets.

Obviously IF this queue gets applied it's a complete game changer, and everything we knew and relied upon is in the bin.

Also, I knew all the foibles of the See website which helped me get tickets to many "big bands in small venues" events. Hopefully the queue is only going to be used for the huge events and not for regular stuff.

100% the same, though I literally had to tell EVERY other person in my 16 person Oasis group to try See as well. They were fixated on Ticketmaster numbers even after that. So just knowing to use them is an advantage

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

100% the same, though I literally had to tell EVERY other person in my 16 person Oasis group to try See as well. They were fixated on Ticketmaster numbers even after that. So just knowing to use them is an advantage

Yep, loads of people I know didn't look anywhere else but TM for Oasis. We got ours on See.