Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Do we actually think they will use the queuing system then? 
Will be a massive disadvantage to us all here but the tickets will be spread out evenly amongst the newbie’s and the regulars 

no I don’t think so… maybe 2027. 
can’t see them throwing the cat amongst the pigeons before the fallow year and without announcing it along with the ticket sale date. 

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I got through for two lots of friends on See using their accounts. Quite what they were doing themselves I have no idea as I wasn't doing anything different to normal 

i had zero joy on see tickets all morning. 

I think once you get in and complete,  your cookie is still live and you then get in again 

18 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I got through for two lots of friends on See using their accounts. Quite what they were doing themselves I have no idea as I wasn't doing anything different to normal 

I got through six times on See for friends and family in the Oasis sale.

Probably could have got more as I went out for a stroll for an hour and when I got back, two more screens had the buying page but had timed out.

No luck whatsoever on Ticketmaster.

Edited by doogie

Why do we think they won't employ the queue system?

It's giving me the biggest fear. For any gig ever I will always go to See tickets. They've now destroyed their only selling point over Ticketmaster in my opinion. Seeing them roll it out for big events gives me fear.

Saw a lot of people saying they were 300 etc in the queue for Sam Fender and still got zero tickets.

The system is definitely ready to roll. I only pray it doesn't happen for Glasto :(

15 minutes ago, monday said:

Why do we think they won't employ the queue system?

It's giving me the biggest fear. For any gig ever I will always go to See tickets. They've now destroyed their only selling point over Ticketmaster in my opinion. Seeing them roll it out for big events gives me fear.

Saw a lot of people saying they were 300 etc in the queue for Sam Fender and still got zero tickets.

The system is definitely ready to roll. I only pray it doesn't happen for Glasto 😞

I don't think there's a consensus on whether they use it or not - and ultimately we may not even know for sure either way until 6pm (or just before) on November 14th. My gut feeling is that they will, but I certainly wouldn't put any money on that.

23 hours ago, stuie said:

no I don’t think so… maybe 2027. 
can’t see them throwing the cat amongst the pigeons before the fallow year and without announcing it along with the ticket sale date. 

I would agree but we are all people invested. I have a sneaky feeling the new decision makers are so disconnected they are more than likely to f**k everything up... 

Even with EE and the festival warning them. Do no underestimate the arrogance and ignorance of higher management of large companies. 

30 minutes ago, Havors said:

Even with EE and the festival warning them. Do no underestimate the arrogance and ignorance of higher management of large companies. 

I'm much less convinced than others that EE/GFL will be quite so dogmatic with the specific technicalities of how the ticket sale site works. My suspicion is that to date they've probably deferred to Seetickets on most technical aspects including things like a queue (or lack of it), and only insisted on functional things that they actually need - such as the photo database, and the ability to select Coach departure points.

Yes, I did hear the recentish EE interview - I see that more as stating that she's happy with how things have been, rather than setting out a philosophical vision.

The reason I think that is that - registration database and coach selection aside - the Glastonbury site has never behaved much differently to the regular Seetickets site at the same moment in time, at least in terms of getting onto the site and also in terms of actually processing the order. As best I can tell they've pretty much grafted the (fairly simplistic, at that) registration database and coach selection on to the front of a standard white label See hosted site.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I can't see things changing this year. I think we'd know by now if it was, probably would have just come out, buried amongst the info when they announced the sale date. 

I don't think they need to tell anyone as such and can see good reasons why they'd choose not to (such as leaving room for a last minute change of mind).

I know it's not the same thing, but they didn't say anything about it ahead of their recent gig onsales where they first used it.

20 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm much less convinced than others that EE/GFL will be quite so dogmatic with the specific technicalities of how the ticket sale site works. My suspicion is that to date they've probably deferred to Seetickets on most technical aspects including things like a queue (or lack of it), and only insisted on functional things that they actually need - such as the photo database, and the ability to select Coach departure points.

Yes, I did hear the recentish EE interview - I see that more as stating that she's happy with how things have been, rather than setting out a philosophical vision.

The reason I think that is that - registration database and coach selection aside - the Glastonbury site has never behaved much differently to the regular Seetickets site at the same moment in time, at least in terms of getting onto the site and also in terms of actually processing the order. As best I can tell they've pretty much grafted the (fairly simplistic, at that) registration database and coach selection on to the front of a standard white label See hosted site.

Yeah kind of my point. I would imagine they may question any decision to change. But I doubt they are invested as much as we are to care too much if see tickets insisted on change.

Another thing centre to mind this year for me... did it seem there was no fuss about deadlines for registering?? I'm probably over thinking it haha

I think if they are keeping the photos on tickets I don't see th changing the ticket system this year tbh

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Another thing centre to mind this year for me... did it seem there was no fuss about deadlines for registering?? I'm probably over thinking it haha

On that one, I think it just feels that way because last year there was so much fuss about it - first with the deadline to update existing registrations, and then because a load of people got caught unawares and realised theirs had been zapped.

With this year being "as you were" on the registration front, they can go back to the more usual situation of it being a single line on the ticket info page and in the news article.