Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

I've been lurking here for a while now, but have noticed something that I don’t think has been mentioned in this thread yet which may suggest a queue is likely to be used this year.

www.seetickets.com and glastonbury.seetickets.com normally use the See Tickets native servers: either the 5 ‘main’ servers 31.221.2.88/89/90/91/92; or the 3 ‘other’ servers 167.98.233.88/89/90 (those of you who remember the hosts file hack from last year should be familiar). However, if you open a command line and run either ‘ping glastonbury.seetickets.com’ or ‘nslookup glastonbury.seetickets.com’ the IP addresses returned will not be any of those servers. I can’t tell you exactly what servers you’ll get returned as that’ll depend on exactly where you are located. This happens because glastonbury.seetickets.com is now hosted on Akamai edge servers, which means you connect to an Akamai server close to your location and that server in turn connects to the native See Tickets servers. You can verify the location of the server you’re connecting to by searching for the IP location using e.g.: https://dnschecker.org/ip-location.php

This change, as far as I can tell, happened on Tuesday last week. More interestingly, while the main See Tickets webpage www.seetickets.com remains on the 5 main servers, the dedicated subpage for the Sam Fender ticket sale samfender.seetickets.com was also put onto these Akamai edge servers, which ended up using the Queue-it system. So as the Glastonbury subpage was put onto these Akamai edge servers around the same time as the Sam Fender subpage was also put onto them, and as Akamai are in partnership with Queue-it (see https://www.akamai.com/resources/partner-story/queue-it) I’m currently considering the use of a queue as likely.

A further option they could utilise to make the queue “fairer” would be to tokenise access to the queue. This would probably work by emailing each registrant (after registration closes) a unique code to access the queue, this would limit each registrant to one place in the queue and prevent the use of multiple browser sessions to get multiple places in the queue. They didn’t do this for Sam Fender, so it would be a first for See Tickets, which makes it perhaps unlikely, but something to be aware of.

• Upvote 5

i love it, but i have absolutely idea what any of it means really. Im going to try and memorise bits of it so i can say it to other people when they talk to me about glasto tickets, and then i can appear smarter and more in the know