Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

So today’s learning … other than f**k ticketmaster is that I got kicked out the holding pages on both see and gigs at the same time , no amount of turning off and on clearing caches worked on that machine only hot spotting to phone worked …. Dug old laptop back out and those sites seemed to work on WiFi …. No idea what’s going on ?! 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So today’s learning … other than f**k ticketmaster is that I got kicked out the holding pages on both see and gigs at the same time , no amount of turning off and on clearing caches worked on that machine only hot spotting to phone worked …. Dug old laptop back out and those sites seemed to work on WiFi …. No idea what’s going on ?! 

I actually liked TM.

Not cos it was easy but cos once I got in a queue I knew where I was so was able to go and shower and get dressed. Then wash up and make breakfast. Then go for a walk.

Then find myself nearer the front of the queue rather than with the others that just sat there refreshing getting nowhere with no clue as to if I would ever get a booking page. At least I got on with my life while I waited.

Getting tickets at the normal price makes me like TM more as well cos f**k their dynamic pricing crap.

12 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I actually liked TM.

Not cos it was easy but cos once I got in a queue I knew where I was so was able to go and shower and get dressed. Then wash up and make breakfast. Then go for a walk.

Then find myself nearer the front of the queue rather than with the others that just sat there refreshing getting nowhere with no clue as to if I would ever get a booking page. At least I got on with my life while I waited.

Getting tickets at the normal price makes me like TM more as well cos f**k their dynamic pricing crap.

Saw several where they had issues and got booted out the queue and then reentered it much lower … I registered (late ) and couldn’t get logged in … my own fault probably tbh 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Saw several where they had issues and got booted out the queue and then reentered it much lower … I registered (late ) and couldn’t get logged in … my own fault probably tbh 

I tried lots of things when I got booted out early doors and the onlty one that worked was a simplt refresh til it gave me the rejoin queue option. Once in with a visible position it never booted me out again.

I first started trying for Glastonbury tickets in 2019, this is the first year I feel bad about it, versus enthusiastic and excited.

Discovering there was a “cheat”, a back door to the sale last general sale as well as the previous resale before it and possibly even earlier than that, and the massive amount of people that used the cheat, spreading it through private whatsapp/telegraph groups… it’s turned my attitude on the sale and, frankly, on Glastonbury a bit.

It probably didn’t help that last year was the first year 40% of my group didn’t get tickets. It was hard to see the gloating here and on discord and facebook of those that knew the cheat while 40% of my group failed.

What’s quite nice about Glastonbury is the equality of it, and I was also introduced to it via these internet communities - to discover both that the sales have not been equal at all, and more so that there are sorta “secret” communities beyond here and discord and facebook - and more importantly, that the cheat was shared on those communities and intentionally not shared in these spaces I thought I was a “member” of, it just makes me feel like a rube and that these communities aren’t “real” in a way.

It’s hard not to feel that there won’t be a new cheat for this next sale, and I won’t be privy to it again, and that makes me feel a little bitter about all this going in again.

(and it’s not about people knowing networking and computers versus those that don’t - the cheat was figured out by one person and then spread around, those who benefited didn’t know anything extra about computers or worked harder, they just cheated because they knew a cheat).

Of course, I love the festival, and have organized groups of friends who are trying again, and will be monitoring here and facebook and discord like I always do, but it’s definitely a different feeling for me this year. 

Can someone more tech minded than myself explain why see tickets and g&t just did not seem to like me my computer yesterday and want to let me in? 

I was refreshing constantly for like 6 hours and never got past the holding page and for about an hour I couldn’t even get to that I just got site not reached. 

An IP block or just bad luck?

3 hours ago, assorted said:

I first started trying for Glastonbury tickets in 2019, this is the first year I feel bad about it, versus enthusiastic and excited.

Discovering there was a “cheat”, a back door to the sale last general sale as well as the previous resale before it and possibly even earlier than that, and the massive amount of people that used the cheat, spreading it through private whatsapp/telegraph groups… it’s turned my attitude on the sale and, frankly, on Glastonbury a bit.

It probably didn’t help that last year was the first year 40% of my group didn’t get tickets. It was hard to see the gloating here and on discord and facebook of those that knew the cheat while 40% of my group failed.

What’s quite nice about Glastonbury is the equality of it, and I was also introduced to it via these internet communities - to discover both that the sales have not been equal at all, and more so that there are sorta “secret” communities beyond here and discord and facebook - and more importantly, that the cheat was shared on those communities and intentionally not shared in these spaces I thought I was a “member” of, it just makes me feel like a rube and that these communities aren’t “real” in a way.

It’s hard not to feel that there won’t be a new cheat for this next sale, and I won’t be privy to it again, and that makes me feel a little bitter about all this going in again.

(and it’s not about people knowing networking and computers versus those that don’t - the cheat was figured out by one person and then spread around, those who benefited didn’t know anything extra about computers or worked harder, they just cheated because they knew a cheat).

Of course, I love the festival, and have organized groups of friends who are trying again, and will be monitoring here and facebook and discord like I always do, but it’s definitely a different feeling for me this year. 

Have I missed a well-known cheat/trick that was used in the 2023 sale?

3 hours ago, assorted said:

I think you might have overthought this, I mean, I’m not aware of any secret club with backdoor links. As always strength is in numbers - the more you bang on the door the more likely it is to open. 

29 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Have I missed a well-known cheat/trick that was used in the 2023 sale?

Only became discussed publicly in the aftermath of the Nov 2023 sale.

But yes, there was something that would have worked for at least a year prior  to that (probably a fair bit longer), and was fixed shortly after it came into the open.

I'd probably also dispute the word "massive". If it was widespread, then by its nature wouldn't have worked to give an advantage. My guess is a couple thousand tickets went that way at absolute most.

Edited by incident

6 hours ago, incident said:

But yes, there was something that would have worked for at least a year prior  to that (probably a fair bit longer), and was fixed shortly after it came into the open.

I'd probably also dispute the word "massive". If it was widespread, then by its nature wouldn't have worked to give an advantage. My guess is a couple thousand tickets went that way at absolute most.

What was it?

Something interesting happened to me with the Oasis sale. I was inside the house at the in laws, with See and Gigs and Tours going between 

completely crashing and being on the busy page. All up until about 11, and we know that most of the time before that clearly the site was struggling as there weren't many confirmations on social compared to Ticketmaster.

So then I had to get the tram to go to the football. I started refreshing on my phone at the house on 4g with the busy page, then went to the tram stop about a mile away and refreshed there. On the platform I got through to See and got 4, as I had my friend's login and card details. This was about 11.10am. 

Then I got another friend to send me his See details just in case as I had a tram journey, bit of time at the station then another train journey. Remarkably, as I was refreshing at the train station I got through again on See. Got 4 on my other friend's account at 12.15pm

Not one of our group of 11 got through to See apart from me. All were static in one place. 

I also cleared my phone browser cache a couple of times during all this, definitely after the first purchase, and I think before I started on 4g. 

Obviously the two times I got through were on the different phone masts, so different connections. 

Thoughts?

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

What was it?

It was all covered on here at the time, and the details will still be there.

But the short and simple version was that it was finding a seetickets server that was being used for one of their other, non-glastonbury sites, and tricking it into selling glastonbury tickets when it wasn't intended to.

Basically something that couldn't have been achieved without some subterfuge involved.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Some people don't want to work during their holiday from actual work

Plenty of people change their mind when they don’t bag a ticket too.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Probably. For many though, Glasto is a holiday and working kind of defeats the point in that. I'm not using annual leave to work. If i was a student still and lived closer then volunterring would be good I think

42 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Probably. For many though, Glasto is a holiday and working kind of defeats the point in that. I'm not using annual leave to work. If i was a student still and lived closer then volunterring would be good I think

It’s really not that bad! Actually it’s the first annual leave I book off every year as soon as it’s available 😂 

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

No 

I’ve only worked Oxfam at Shambala. Am suggesting it as a way in to avoid the hideous ticket scramble. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'm somewhere in the middle of the two viewpoints now I've tried volunteering.

I start from the base that I absolutely have to be at Glastonbury, whatever that takes. Last year was the first time I was fully unsuccessful in getting tickets, so was the first time I had to face up to the idea of not going.

My first choice is to buy a ticket, 100%, every time. But if I fail again, I will volunteer to make sure I'm there (thanks to doing Reading too we have priority for that). I can't see a situation where it'd be my first choice , maybe its more about where you are in life at time, whether you're all that bothered about the music, and perhaps a level of selflessness. I can't pretend my volunteering is in any way altruistic or anything to do with the charity. I'm dedicated to the job when I'm doing it of course and sort of enjoyed elements of it, but its purely to get me into Glastonbury.

I got extremely lucky with shift patterns this year, so it didn't really feel like I was working because I got to see so much music but I can easily see scenarios where its horrible and I hate it because I miss everything I want and the patterns basically write me off for what music I am available for due to tiredness, and simultaneously having to make sure I'm in some sort of fit state the next day. 

Its obviously going to be good to have that backup come ticket sale day though

Edited by efcfanwirral

11 hours ago, incident said:

It was all covered on here at the time, and the details will still be there.

But the short and simple version was that it was finding a seetickets server that was being used for one of their other, non-glastonbury sites, and tricking it into selling glastonbury tickets when it wasn't intended to.

Basically something that couldn't have been achieved without some subterfuge involved.

Ahh far too technical for me. They’ve closed this work around now then I assume?

On 9/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, incident said:

I think youd be surprised ref the numbers involved at least last year .... in the days off socials and watts app being used widely many people will share with friends 

27 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think youd be surprised ref the numbers involved at least last year .... in the days off socials and watts app being used widely many people will share with friends 

I'm not doubting that it could be shared.

But if it did become widely used, then very quickly the servers involved would become overloaded just as much (potentially more) than the main site given they're the backup ones not configured to deal with heavy load.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I'm not doubting that it could be shared.

But if it did become widely used, then very quickly the servers involved would become overloaded just as much (potentially more) than the main site given they're the backup ones not configured to deal with heavy load.

so im presuming if they have 3 servers in operation and a 4th that is a standby then as soon as that server is being asked to process 1/4 or more of the sales then the advantage is gone ? would that server be able to potentially handle things at a quicker rate or not be limited in numbers that it was able to process like the others that seem to handle at a set speed ? Are there other ways that people might be attempting to get round this ? just as soon as a hack is discovered they might be attempting to find the next one