Boardmasters

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

It feels like festivals are increasingly sleepwalking to an absolute disaster in terms of logistics and capacity. 

This

I’m amazed it hasn’t happened at Glastonbury 

11 hours ago, Skip997 said:

This

I’m amazed it hasn’t happened at Glastonbury 

Increasingly? 

Pretty sure you're aware firstly Glastonbury had significant safety issues prior to the fence.  Secondly we know there are reports and discussions every year on all sorts of safety issues because the details are reported back here by some of the members. 

8 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

The issue is that an act can go from nowhere to major act in the space of weeks. 

its only going to get worse and all festivals need to be be aware of acts booked 6 to 12 months ago might not be suitable for the slot/stage they are on.  

I saw barry cant Swim play to about 50 people at Glastonbury 23 

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

My son and his girlfriend are there, bit worried about tonight tbh as Stormzy is headlining and can see it being chaotic. 

Let's hope it was a one off. I have volunteered at Boardmasters a couple of times and there haven't been any issues like this in the past. Hope they have a great evening! 😊 

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2024 at 12:03 AM, dotdash79 said:

The issue is that an act can go from nowhere to major act in the space of weeks. 

its only going to get worse and all festivals need to be be aware of acts booked 6 to 12 months ago might not be suitable for the slot/stage they are on.  

Sammy Virji had been pulling big crowds all summer, his Parklife set was rammed.

Organisers need to keep more of an eye out, that stage had no chance there was no big counter programming either (not checked myself but got told this)